Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiplayer problem : joining server = game freezes  (Read 35164 times)
Corvette
Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 02:29:20 PM »

Wait... is your problem that Windows freezes or that your router freezes? This thread is about router crash issues.

"the game freezes." (quoted from the OP).

This thread is about router crash issues.

The threat title seems to be "Re: Multiplayer problem : joining server = game freezes"

For the Windows problem, try to check OpenArena installation folder user permissions; if you need help, please open a specific thread, specifying if you have XP Home or XP Pro. And are you sure you are using a "guest" account, or do you simply mean a "user" (not with administrator priviledges) account?

I'm not asking for help, I'm trying to offer it. Thanks though.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »

I'm sorry, my fault.
I thought this was the "OA kills my router?" thread, that was active the last week. I didn't notice that you answered to another, previous thread.

My fault.

Anyway, Openarena should work without problem even if using a non-administrative account, if the user account has got the right folder/file permissions... so you (or Ormindo, if his issue is the same as yours) may want to check this anyway, to avoid the need to use an account with more priviledges just to play this game.

Bye!

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Ormindo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 11:36:00 AM »

The user account I'm currently using IS administrator, so I shouldn't get any problem from that.
Ormindo
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 03:37:32 AM »

A friend told me it might be my router that simply doesn't open the port when needed, though I know not so much about 'ems.
That's quite annoying, Openarena seems to be so awesome =(
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 02:17:01 AM »

The user account I'm currently using IS administrator, so I shouldn't get any problem from that.
If you are running Windows Vista or 7, you need to start programs via rightclick>run as administrator.
As Gig said, Openarena runs fine with restricted accounts (even guest accounts should work), but to be sure you could try.
Edit: Nevermind, read on the previous page you got XP. /edit.

What is the type and model of your router? Maybe we can look after it's documentation.
Corvette
Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 01:06:08 AM »

Another time I ran into an OA connection problem on an XP machine I fixed it by running either openarena_deprecated.exe or openarena-deprecated.exe instead of openarena.exe. Try one a few times and try the other a few times and see which one works. One of those also seems to intermittently fix the connection problem I sometimes get when trying to connect to xcm_tricks2 on Metalnet.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: