Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some "no return after kick" delay  (Read 8964 times)
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« on: September 27, 2011, 02:13:26 PM »

Reason to ask: people don't kick since the player can come back at any time.

This mechanism is kinda already implemented in the !admin system.
If the kick lenght was customizable (30 secs by default can be fine), that'd be a nice plus.

The lenght of the kick could even be given by voters as an argument, so with '0' you would simply kick out as the current standard kick does.

The problem is then this feature could be returned against non-harmful players. So there could be a "max lenght" too (like, 5 mins).

I have not in mind how to set up a similar solutions with customvotes, that's why I ask for this flexibility here.

Todo: Walk the cat.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »

In OAX ban time after a kick can be specified in minutes.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »

Already implemented then, nice, you'll get better feedbacks about it when it's released into "a new OA version". :p

RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:03:17 PM »

"in minutes", but can you use decimal values? I think 1 minute is pretty long already.

Actually, something like 20 seconds on the first kick, 40 on the second, 80 seconds on the third, etc. might be better.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »

or the time could depend on the pro/con ratio of the vote:
if the player was kicked with 7:1 votes he has to wait for 60 seconds, if the vote was 7:6 he just have to wait 10 seconds (just as an example).
the factor could be a server var in seconds.
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 01:25:35 AM »

If people would vote at all that'd be a huge improvement. Even aimbotters often don't get kicked because people are too lazy to vote (or they want the botter to stay, but I don't think that's it).
So I think using that ratio to decide how long the tempban should be is probably not a very good idea with the average player in mind.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 08:25:51 AM »

You are so right...
But maybe a setting for more pro servers? Wink
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 05:14:24 AM »

It's a bit complicated.
The solution you ask for is like "every voice counts", perfect democracy, can look nice.
However the purpose of timing kicks is not really about "I'll wait for 10 secs and be able to come back" nor "I'll wait 50 secs and it's okay", but rather "leave us peace for some time, think about it, and come back if you are motivated (either to play in peace or make trouble like you just did)". I mean, the goal is to provide calm, not to play with the time of length during which the player will have to wait in order to come back, you probably don't want to make these kind of maths when playing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: