Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ROFL INSTANTGIB! 0.8.5  (Read 38896 times)
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 05:41:18 PM »

no idea what the first paragraph meant... but what about the server rotation man we all want a new one

Mega Rules The World ! Mega Rules The World
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 04:03:18 AM »

I'll get into it when I feel it, don't worry.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2011, 07:45:18 AM »

Just 4 more msgs and u r 1337! Cheesy
RMF

Cakes 12

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »

leet, actually. you never reach 1337 on SMF Tongue
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2011, 02:02:19 PM »

Grin

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 02:23:10 PM »

did it several times (you know me Evil), but never knew that you canĀ“t get 1337 posts...
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 02:58:27 PM »

This forum's not active enough for fast posting, maybe it's better that way. Less chaotic 'newest post' reading. I'm surprised the OA forums hasn't had the string of the "skeleton, jessica alba, tuner cars & pot" types of players yet that I usually find everywhere else and we've yet to have our first brony, but i bet i'm just tempting fate here...

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »

is waiting for people to see my last post on Mega Clan Video topic...

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »

Im pretty sure we (ME & RMF)

asked for speedyctf.pk3

its not in the rotation...

here's the download

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 05:08:55 PM »

Yes but...I still prefer not to havedownload requirementsfor ROFL servers

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 07:00:40 PM »

sad because this is a fine map...
hmmmmm....
have to start to do a remake from scratch for oa i guess Cheesy
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 08:16:20 PM »

SpeedyCTF is fun, but there are a lot of other fun maps.  If it could be part of 0.8.7....

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2011, 05:50:17 AM »

Speedy is not GPL, my version would be so it could be part of an upcoming OA release.
If there are further closed maps, which should be included in the stock oa, just drop a line.
maybe one of the more talented mappers will do a version (like neon knight did with the reptctf maps - btw: a great job!).
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »

I had a feeling someone would say it isn't. 

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2011, 11:44:17 AM »

cacatoes we all no fun maps arent included in the openarena downloads make things better like come on dude u can use my sv_dlURL but come on ROFL is a popular server now adays you have many people wanting more features this is why others were going to super servers they had fun maps they still do.

you may not want downloads but downloads make things more fun.

adding downloads will have your server used alot more '

(oh and maybe making it to 2 bots in game would be nice?)

(i mean when nobody is playing)

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2011, 12:13:11 PM »

You're right, fun is important, and sometimes for the sake of it I add downloads for some servers.

Some more infos are:
- I'm not allowed to store non-free software on Tuxfamily's FTP, and I use them when I enable sv_download. While I can still use other mirrors when hosting non-free resources.
- if some new OA version comes out soon, there will be new maps, so I'll be glad to seek if some of them are worth adding into rotation.
- I'm still reluctant to make download necessary, I prefer to leave that role to other servers, because "vanilla" servers are rare and I appreciate the fact I can stick with that.
- As you may have noticed I've recently changed map rotation and added a few maps to bring a bit more of variety, while I admit ones I added on instagib may suck (I haven't tested them in real conditions).
- The game has a lot of variety within itself: elimination, TDM, loads and loads of other stuff & parameters, and still this potential is unused, so it'd be better if we try to use it rather than relying on external stuff.

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2011, 12:41:20 PM »

You're right, fun is important, and sometimes for the sake of it I add downloads for some servers.

Some more infos are:
- I'm not allowed to store non-free software on Tuxfamily's FTP, and I use them when I enable sv_download. While I can still use other mirrors when hosting non-free resources.
- if some new OA version comes out soon, there will be new maps, so I'll be glad to seek if some of them are worth adding into rotation.
- I'm still reluctant to make download necessary, I prefer to leave that role to other servers, because "vanilla" servers are rare and I appreciate the fact I can stick with that.
- As you may have noticed I've recently changed map rotation and added a few maps to bring a bit more of variety, while I admit ones I added on instagib may suck (I haven't tested them in real conditions).
- The game has a lot of variety within itself: elimination, TDM, loads and loads of other stuff & parameters, and still this potential is unused, so it'd be better if we try to use it rather than relying on external stuff.

so your not adding speedyctf?

or any fun maps?

we all hate the new maps..

check how many times we even play on the new maps you added

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2011, 03:22:15 PM »

Some more infos are:

so your not adding speedyctf?

or any fun maps?

check how many times we even play on the new maps you added
Swagerall: speak for yourself.  I think those are fun maps.  And what part of speedyctf=nonfree did you not understand?

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2011, 04:10:19 PM »

oh really

BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 11:09:50 AM »

For the record, "we all hate the new maps..." is most definitely NOT correct.  I, and I suspect others as well, would appreciate it if you would learn some common courtesy and make use of it, and stop making statements along these lines.  In case it's not clear enough, you don't speak for me, so that means you aren't in the position to say "all" or "everyone" or "everybody" and be correct.

Furthermore, many of us appreciate what Cacatoes and others do so far as hosting/maintaining servers, and we understand that they each have the final say-so over what happens with their server(s).  If we ask for a change in the map rotation, or server settings, or something similar, most of us do so as a respectful request, not as a thinly veiled demand that appears to come from some sense of entitlement.

I have managed to stay out of most threads you post in and disrupt, but my patience is wearing thin.  While we are all entitled to our own opinions, most of us seem to be mature enough to understand that we won't always agree with one another, and can still get along with one another.  In my opinion, someone coming along and making demands of others in this community and claiming to be helping while being as disruptive and negative as you are, both in forums and in the game itself, is shameful.

To the other OA players: my apologies for going off on this short rant and using up the bandwidth--my patience with Swaggerall/AIM is at an end, and I felt it was time to voice my opinion.
WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »

oh really

Have you considered making your own server, with the ideal map mix?

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 05:42:01 PM »

of course

but its not big named so nobody will try it  Huh

WingedPanther

Cakes 4

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2011, 05:04:27 AM »

What is it?  I'm usually willing to try anything with a decent ping.

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2011, 05:35:59 AM »

Hey thanks Cacatoes for the new maps on the rocket server. Smiley
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2011, 06:57:04 AM »

Smileynp, I'll still try to have an eye on it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: