Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-defined DEMO for timedemo benchmarks  (Read 37021 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 04:54:17 PM »

@sittingduck

We need a .dm71 file, released under GPLv2 license, done with "vanilla" (stock, base...) OA 0.8.8.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 12:29:57 PM »

Then, what do you think?

Should I do another one, in the graphic-heavy map of the first demo, but as spectator like in the third?
Or do you think one of these three demos could already be ok and end up in 0.8.8?

Fromhell, you are the leader... what would you like?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
sittingduck
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 01:18:30 PM »

Something like that last demo would work just fine. Lots of action, basic map, not too long.
It could just be bots.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 04:13:47 PM »

Hi! I've done a fourth demo. Again, it is GPLv2 ("copying" file included). What do you think about it?

About demos, a question:
- Settings g_synchronousclients 1 before recording a demo allows DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Timedemo#Recording_a_best-quality_demo]to record a "better quality" one. But while playing a demo? I noticed that if you have synchronousclients enabled when playing a demo, "s n c" letters appear inside the "lagometer", and they do not appear if I play the same demo with synchronousclients disabled. Any info about that?

Another question: why does here they say to set g_synchronousclients 1, then record, then g_synchronousclients 0 and then stoprecord? :-/ In practice, to begin recording with it enabled, and then to continue recording with it disabled. Is sounds strange to me...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:22:41 AM by Gig » Logged

sittingduck
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »

Hi! I've done a fourth demo. Again, it is GPLv2 ("copying" file included). What do you think about it?

About demos, a question:
- Settings g_synchronousclients 1 before recording a demo allows DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Timedemo#Recording_a_best-quality_demo]to record a "better quality" one. But while playing a demo? I noticed that if you have synchronousclients enabled when playing a demo, "s n c" letters appear inside the "lagometer", and they do not appear if I play the same demo with synchronousclients disables. Any info about that?

Another question: why does here they say to set g_synchronousclients 1, then record, then g_synchronousclients 0 and then stoprecord? :-/ In practice, to begin recording with it enabled, and then to continue recording with it disabled. Is sounds strange to me...
g_synchronousclients 1 will will let you record a smoother demo.
It is not required for playback.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2011, 03:44:02 AM »

I think I read somewhere that this "setting it back to 0" trick doesn't work since even if it was set to 1 when starting the record. Probably can't cumulate the advantages.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2011, 04:01:34 AM »

Are you referring to the sentence DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Timedemo#Recording_a_best-quality_demo]here?

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2011, 09:44:37 AM »

Si senor

Todo: Walk the cat.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: