Poll
Question: Common map naming for OACMP (map dm1/ctf1 as example) [ends 20/12]
oacmpdm01/oacmpctf01 - 2 (28.6%)
oacmpdm001/oacmpctf001 - 0 (0%)
oacmpdm1/oacmpctf1 - 4 (57.1%)
oacmp1dm01/oacmp1ctf01 - 0 (0%)
oacmp01dm01/oacmp01ctf01 - 0 (0%)
Other option (elaborate or your vote won't count) - 1 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62
  Print  
Author Topic: [REL] OpenArena Community Mappack - Volume 1 - FINAL  (Read 1124255 times)
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1475 on: January 14, 2014, 02:22:18 PM »

About oa_akomdm2: both Nailgun and Railgun are overpowered, and Teleporter is useless as for me, so if you want to keep Nailgun - keep it, just don't make it so easily accessible.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1476 on: January 14, 2014, 04:12:28 PM »

[mappack intensifies]

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1477 on: January 14, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »

I have something prepared for the final release. Those who played the LvL edition of the DC mappack in Q3 may get an idea. I've been preparing and testing it in secret for some weeks.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1478 on: January 14, 2014, 04:39:57 PM »

Also watching AGDQ 2014 inspires me to support single player a bit better in the future... OA being speedrunnable would be interesting.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1479 on: January 14, 2014, 07:24:44 PM »

I've managed to solve the problems in Jan's DM maps regarding missing items, also improved the botplay in dm1 and dm2.

Once I check Akom's dm4, dm5 (the wall clipping is problematic, but there's a lot to improve in that map) and ctf, we're all set for release.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1480 on: January 15, 2014, 01:59:48 AM »

Well, it seems that I have to use the original versions of the maps.
Didn't you said that it was not sure for GPL compliance? What did made you change your mind?
- My versions of Moixie's maps (the CTF map has already fixed the func_static bug) and Akom's dm1, dm2 and dm3.
Did you also fix those minor items issues in mx dm map? And did you add weaponclip to the statue in oa_akomdm1? Did you fix the small problems with oa_akomdm3 additional gametypes (railgun spawning with the "A" DD point, no DOM support...)?
- Gig's v17 of udestruction. Without ambient light.
Maybe I may succed in giving you a version with "ambient 2" today...
Also, Gig, I haven't found in either the BSP or the MAP files the sound you have quoted. Are you sure you aren't using something else aside of the official packages and the OACMP releases?
This is strange, I checked in Jan's maps sources, and it's not mentioned there. I checked in OACMP shader files, and it's not mentioned there (I don't know if shaders can invoke sounds, but I checked anyway). I checked in OA shader files, and it's not mentioned there. I checked into the whole OpenArena, and finally found out that "windfly" is mentioned in vm\qagame.qvm. Then, I can guess it's the gamecode itself which automatically searches for such file, but in some maps only (it searches for it in WRACKDM17, for example). So, also in the "mapcompat" wiki page, one should not mark a map with "with missing sound" if that one is missing. I don't know what causes it to search for that file or not... the presence of a skybox, maybe? But maps such as oa_akomdm5 do not cause it search for that file... I don't know!!!! And I'm not good at searching inside OAX source code. However, then that's not an OACMP problem.
And the music is not a big deal.
Do you mean "I will take care of this"? How?

And about akomdm2 I still have to hear a good argument about getting the Nailgun out of a map which isn't "it's not a standard weapon". And, besides, the reason of the current weapon/item layout is to make the map not being too symmetrical. Though only (and ONLY) because I was asked to do so, I'll remove the NG and add the RG in place of the Tele.
I have no opinion about this.

In general, can I ask you to check the last pages the forum, starting from OACMP RC2 release (or even better, starting from this post from the morning of that day), to give a look to all issues that have been pointed out in these two weeks, to be sure of which have been taken care of and which not? Thank you! I know this may sound a bit boring, but these are the last efforts, and are just few forum pages!!!  Grin Grin

----------
All GPLv2 problems will be clarified by Fromhell, who decide to take the OACMP and give us tha OK, or to tell us what is to change or not.
I write this because is Fromhell that have the last word about it, right ? Tongue
I thought that time ago Neon_Knight said that Fromhell told him to not having time for checking GPL compiance of stuff which is not part of official OA releases. Of course, if Fromhell would decide to do the check, that would be welcome...  Smiley
----------

I have something prepared for the final release. Those who played the LvL edition of the DC mappack in Q3 may get an idea. I've been preparing and testing it in secret for some weeks.
I have no idea what you're talking about....  Huh Never tried that mappack...

At any case, let us the time to check the package before considering it "officially released"!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:07:55 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1481 on: January 15, 2014, 05:20:23 AM »

Too much to reply. It won't be Gig's post any other way. Tongue

Well, it seems that I have to use the original versions of the maps.
Didn't you said that it was not sure for GPL compliance? What did made you change your mind?
The fact that I won't delay this mappack anymore. The good thing is that this time everything compiles OK.

- My versions of Moixie's maps (the CTF map has already fixed the func_static bug) and Akom's dm1, dm2 and dm3.
Did you also fix those minor items issues in mx dm map? And did you add weaponclip to the statue in oa_akomdm1? Did you fix the small problems with oa_akomdm3 additional gametypes (railgun spawning with the "A" DD point, no DOM support...)?
The statue in dm1 is weapclipped. The railgun won't spawn anymore in that area in dm3. Also, no DOM support.

Don't bother, you've done enough.

Also, Gig, I haven't found in either the BSP or the MAP files the sound you have quoted. Are you sure you aren't using something else aside of the official packages and the OACMP releases?
This is strange, I checked in moxie maps sources, and it's not mentioned there. I checked in OACMP shader files, and it's not mentioned there (I don't know if shaders can invoke sounds, but I checked anyway). I checked in OA shader files, and it's not mentioned there. I checked into the whole OpenArena, and finally found out that "windfly" is mentioned in vm\qagame.qvm. Then, I can guess it's the gamecode itself which automatically searches for such file, but in some maps only (it searches for it in WRACKDM17, for example). So, also in the "mapcompat" wiki page, one should not mark a map with "with missing sound" if that one is missing. I don't know what causes it to search for that file or not... the presence of a skybox, maybe? But maps such as oa_akomdm5 do not cause it search for that file... I don't know!!!! And I'm not good at searching inside OAX source code. However, then that's not an OACMP problem.
That was my first thought as well. After recompiling those maps the error hasn't surfaced anymore. And there were no references in either part. Anyway, it's fixed nd we can move on.

And the music is not a big deal.
Do you mean "I will take care of this"? How?
Simply, by letting the map to have no music at all. It's recommended, but not mandatory.

In general, can I ask you to check the last pages the forum, starting from OACMP RC2 release (or even better, starting from this post from the morning of that day), to give a look to all issues that have been pointed out in these two weeks, to be sure of which have been taken care of and which not? Thank you! I know this may sound a bit boring, but these are the last efforts, and are just few forum pages!!!  Grin Grin
I won't include the classic map rotation scripts. Official OA releases don't have them, neither OACMP should have.

All GPLv2 problems will be clarified by Fromhell, who decide to take the OACMP and give us tha OK, or to tell us what is to change or not.
I write this because is Fromhell that have the last word about it, right ? Tongue
I thought that time ago Neon_Knight said that Fromhell told him to not having time for checking GPL compiance of stuff which is not part of official OA releases. Of course, if Fromhell would decide to do the check, that would be welcome...  Smiley
Indeed. I figured out fromhell already has tons of work with recreating OA3 from scratch when I received the answer that won't do GPL audit. But there is nothing bad ATM.

I have no idea what you're talking about....  Huh Never tried that mappack...

At any case, let us the time to check the package before considering it "officially released"!
OK, I'll spoil the surprise. (-.-)

That mappack included a "mod" which changed the SP tiers to "recreate" the DC version of Q3A. This mod includes the OACMP in the regular ladder.

It will be a post-release release, the OACMP won't include it on launch. But it shouldn't take much to test.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1482 on: January 15, 2014, 06:45:24 AM »

The statue in dm1 is weapclipped. The railgun won't spawn anymore in that area in dm3. Also, no DOM support.
No DOM support? Oh.  Sad And what's about those items in moixie dm map? And about Jan's items which "spawn solid"?

Don't bother, you've done enough.
I would already had sent it to you, but real life has prevented me from working on it this morning. The map is already compiled, I have to recompile .aas file and re-package... Just let me some more time....

Simply, by letting the map to have no music at all. It's recommended, but not mandatory.
If you don't want to recompile the whole map, what about using "entities-only editing" (manually modifying .map and .bsp files) for fixing it in a very quick way? Not sure if .aas file has to be recompiled then -considering music is just a worldspawn option-, however that's a quick operation.

I won't include the classic map rotation scripts. Official OA releases don't have them, neither OACMP should have.
Uhm... does not seem a very strong reason. OACMP volume 1 maps will never change, unlike official OA maps, which change at each release (and however, probably also this does not really prevent future OA releases from including pre-defined rotation scripts).
IMHO, they may be useful. Maybe not strictly necessary, but however useful.
And what about those suggestions to make better use of the OACMP "mappols" you previously created for "autonextmap" feature? The way they were used in RC2 really was not optimal.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:00:22 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1483 on: January 15, 2014, 07:04:01 AM »

Jan's item issues are fixed. It was a simple fix, though, raising the items a bit from the floor. About Moixie's item issues, I don't remember them.
About mappools I'm only leaving the OACMP pools, those which also have the 0.8.8 maps are out.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1484 on: January 15, 2014, 07:25:28 AM »

Ehm... Are you sure you checked all posts since RC2, looking for unsolved issues?

The one about items in moxie map is in this post:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4679.msg49488#msg49488
See the part about "moixie dm map" and the second screenshot attached there.
That post mentions a few other problems around, such as some light sources in moixie ctf map which did emit "flares" where there was no "lamp" texture.
And contains some notes about packaging (e.g. some issues with "readme" files).

This is a quote from the part about mappols (which was just under the part about map rotation scripts, in that post).
However it may be interesting to also keep g_autonextmap pools, but I suppose we should keep in mind that the "default" OA maplists will be very different in OA3, so those "restoring original behavior" files like "oacmp_maps_harvester_original.cfg" would work for 0.8.8 only. For enabling and disabling the OACMP1 mappools, maybe we may include two cfg files to be executed with "/exec filename" (mentioning this in a comment inside the file and/or in the main readme file): the first one will correctly set g_votemappols variable to read all those oacmp1 pools you created; the second one will simply do "reset g_mappools" ("\reset <variable>" command does restore a variable to the default setting provided by the OpenArena version in use). So, all those "_original" cfg files may be removed What do you think about that? Another thing to notice: those cfg filenames should mention oacmp1 (because there will be future OACMPs which will have their own configuration scripts).
Please read it again, carefully (you did not explain if you did also the other things I mentioned there, such as renaming the files and adding cfg files to set/reset g_mappols variable, and talking about that in readme file). If we want to include mappools, let's to it the right way.  Wink
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:05:21 AM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1485 on: January 15, 2014, 07:51:14 AM »

Under Descruction Version 18 is available, attached to this post.

Not a standalone package: under Destruction V17 or OACMP RC2 required.

Changelog against Udestruction Version 17:
- Added "ambient 2" overall lighting.
- To compensate ambient light, changed a bit (down) values of the light entities which prevent a part of the outer wall (near to the architrave) to show a black vertical line. Done also to a few light entities next to the column near to the ruined house. I don't know if I should have done the same to more light entities...

What do you think???????

PS: Neon_Knight, I didn't include levelshot in .pk3. If you will include this version in OACMP, could you please update it? Thank you!

PPS:
Jan's item issues are fixed. It was a simple fix, though, raising the items a bit from the floor.
Now, we have to understand where they actually spawn in the map. Maybe they may spawn in strange places, or where there is already some other item too near! Which were exactly the maps which had that problem?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:03:39 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1486 on: January 15, 2014, 09:01:12 AM »

Don't bother with map totation scripts, it's easy to create one, and every game hoster will have it's own map preferences, so it will be modified anyway
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1487 on: January 15, 2014, 09:23:42 AM »

Exactly. So, Gig, sorry, but those classic rotation map scripts aren't going to be included. End of the discussion.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1488 on: January 15, 2014, 09:42:45 AM »

Well, in my last two posts I was not talking about map rotation scripts anymore, but about mappools.

(Well, in one of those two posts, I mentioned rotation scripts just as a reference for the position of the quoted part in the original post from two weeks ago).

Patience for rotation scripts, but let's do a good job with mappols at least. Smiley

Gig from cell phone.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:45:06 AM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1489 on: January 15, 2014, 11:14:26 AM »

Only Jan's ctf1 and Akom's ctf3 remaining. Once every map is done, the final release will be released!

(Mind the redundancy)

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #1490 on: January 15, 2014, 11:34:43 AM »

Only Jan's ctf1 and Akom's ctf3 remaining. Once every map is done, the final release will be released!

(Mind the redundancy)

Akom's ctf3   Huh Huh

Grin

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1491 on: January 15, 2014, 11:35:50 AM »

Oh, sorry, I meant your oa_akomctf1 which in the OACMP appears as oacmpctf3.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1492 on: January 15, 2014, 11:42:35 AM »

I supposed that (or dm3 istead of ctf3)... Smiley
But which issues did that map have? I didn't remember it required recompiling...

I have to disconnect now, see you tomorrow guys.
I suppose I will discover tomorrow if V17 or V18 will be used (maybe 18?). Give your thoughts before NK finishes packaging... Smiley

Goodbye guys, and thank you everyone. Smiley
NK, in you I trust for a good packaging! Smiley
And again, let us check the final package. Smiley

Bye!

Gig from cell phone.

PS: is .arena file updated?

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1493 on: January 15, 2014, 12:12:21 PM »

I suppose we have to be ready to quickly release post-final release after final release, if we'll notice any issues due to files renaming in final release, before people start downloading it. I hope that won't be necessary.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1494 on: January 15, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »

That's why I'm checking all the maps individually. To fix as much bugs as I can.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1495 on: January 15, 2014, 03:53:59 PM »

If you make a release thread in the mapping forum I can move it to News. Smiley

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #1496 on: January 15, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »

I have it prepared. =)

Still working a bit on the pack, once I take care of Akom's CTF map (I'm near finishing), it's FINAL!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:14:42 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1497 on: January 16, 2014, 02:09:10 AM »

Some things I don't understand.
1) If you are still preparing the final mappack (as you said in the post above this one), why does it already appears in the "news" section of the forum?
2) Why does that "news" already includes download link?
3) Why does the file there is named "oacmp-volume1.zip"? Time ago, you said that would have started with "z_"... UPDATE: The pk3 filename in the package is ok.
4) Most important, why does the "news" have been published before we had one or two days to internally check/test the package? I asked many times to let us give a look to it before making it "public"...

(Maybe Fromhell moved some posts from this thread to that one?)

Is it possible to temporarily hide that "news", and wait at least some hours (better a couple of days, if possible) before showing it? Considering some maps have just been re-compiled, latest versions are completely untested...

For curiosity, which versions of each map did you use?

Another thing I was thinking this morning: if you think it can be useful to avoid GPL problems, I may change my readme to mention udestruction map as released also under Public Domain (the map itself only, not the textures, due to the fact some of them are modified versions of OA textures, stick to GPLv2).

UPDATE: D'OH!!!!
Bundled with the pack is a mod which adds the OACMP FFA maps to the Single Player Deathmatch/Unlock Tiers mode. It (like the pack itself) requires OpenArena 0.8.8 in order to work.
This sounds bad. A few posts ago, you said that would have been a separate package, why does it ended up in the main package, now? OACMP packages should have theoretically be compatible with any later OA version. If this "mod" is something which requires 0.8.8 maps which will not be part of future main OA releases (e.g. quake tribute maps), it won't work with OA3. IMHO, the two things should have been two separate packages, as you said in your previous post.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:05:29 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #1498 on: January 16, 2014, 03:01:26 AM »

@Gig the .pk3 name is okay, unzip the file first.
@Neon_Knight I've noticed an issue in dm3 map with 1FCTF mode - the teleporter from the secret area does not work, I've noticed bots trying to teleport and getting stuck there, they did not shoot me. Also, there's an error message. But the missing texture was fixed Smiley
I especially like that oacmp-mod is a separate .pk3 file and does not touch .qvm files.
I'll test other maps soon.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1499 on: January 16, 2014, 03:28:53 AM »

@Neon_Knight I've noticed an issue in dm3 map with 1FCTF mode - the teleporter from the secret area does not work,
I have not tested it yet, but probably the rule that gametype key cannot be used for modifying map flow also applies to teleporters. Maybe bots expect to enter the first teleporter entity, which should bring them to a certain point... instead the first teleporter is disabled in that gametype, so they try to enter it and fail repeatedly (or maybe they enter the second one and are confused by exiting in a different place than where expected?). Or maybe there has been some error in association between teleporters sources-destinations and gametypes?

A few things I just noticed about packaging:
- Pk3 files contain main readme file only... IMHO it should have also contained a copy of each map readme.
- "Copying" file still lacks the .txt extension (NK, did you read this post?)
- There are the OACMP "mappols" .cfg files, but there is no indication for users about what they are: not everyone knows DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/G_autonextmap]g_autonextmap feature and how to set it, and there are no the additional .cfg files to be executed in order to enable and disable them (please read the "quoted" part in this post with attention).
- In the .zip file, oacmpctf2 is the only map which has got no its own "readme" file.

UPDATE:
- I just noticed udestruction (oacmpdm10) isn't listed for "tourney" mode anymore. I can live without it, but in the map's readme file I expressly stated that it was included in the .arena file, so it's a contradiction. Can I ask you to either re-add "tourney" mode to the .arena file, OR use the modified version of the readme file, which you can find attached to this post, which takes in account the fact "tourney" is not listed? Thank you!
- Single mode mod should mention "volume 1" in some more places (e.g. in foldername and description.txt)...
-- About its "description.txt"... now the description is too long for the GUI: "OpenArena Community Mappack - Single Player Edition" is shown truncated at "Edi", in MODS menu.

UPDATE2:
- A possible -small- bug about oacmpdm1: I have the impression those two torches in the screenshot attached here to not touch the wall, but are suspended in nothing (for just a few units, fortunately).

UPDATE3:
- Strange, most levelshots do have a sort of yellow dot in the upper left corner. Any idea about the reason?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:56:50 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62
  Print  

Jump to: