Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another SP idea: League/Cup mode  (Read 5645 times)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« on: July 06, 2013, 03:47:30 AM »

As I've said before, more SP modes guarantee more offline replayability, heh. Tongue

Anyway, as you might have guessed by the title, this idea is inspired by actual tournaments. In fact, I guess this can even be implemented as well for online play.

The basic idea is the following: the player must choose a team first. Once done, there's a pool of 2X (with X being 3 or 4) teams. These teams are sorted in small groups of 4.

Once the groups are formed, the group phase begins, with matches between the teams (and 1v1 between team leaders).

The two first places on each group will qualify to the knockoff round, where they'll be playing best-of-3 in different gametypes until a winner is decided.

Considerations:
- The amount of players per team per match will vary depending on the map.
- In each group, the everyone-against-everyone mode will be used. Each team gets three points for victory and zero for losing. Also, there will be bonus points for completing extra challenges:
- Extra challenges for bonus points includes finishing a map in a short time, finishing with Perfect, getting a particular reward with particular conditions (Accuracy with 100%). Players can't win more than two bonus points per match.
- Gametypes to be used: FFA (for 1on1), CTF, TDM, 1FCTF, Harvester, Overload, Elimination, CTF Elimination, DD, DOM.
- Team members: up to 6.
- The SP session ends when the player's team is eliminated or wins the league/cup.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 03:54:45 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 05:41:38 AM »

I like the idea, and I wish it were implemented as a replacement for the crappy TA sp somehow in the new UI.  It would have to rely a lot on feeders though and have custom ui/ code in the module (i.e. to list the members in a team, etc). I'm always caught in a stun when I try to do anything with the game source. Traps are evil.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: