Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OAmme Problem  (Read 12079 times)
*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« on: September 05, 2013, 07:44:35 AM »

I came across this here program some years ago, and I know this is not a OpenArena specific made program. I know this program is not made perfect, but I am having trouble playing demos in this here program. Some are missing textures/shaders, and before someone says, "I need the textures/shaders file.", the maps I'm having problems with apart of OpenArena's release, not a third-party map.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this map in q3mme, and OAmme.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:10:33 AM »

I've just sent a PM to Biox1dE, who made OAmme... however, it's a long time I don't see him on the forum, and even his website does not exist anymore...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 11:43:49 AM »

Would anyone else know why it doesnt work?

I mean it is a map from OpenArena  Huh
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 12:07:43 PM »

When you actually play, is the map correctly shown?

I donmt know how oamme works... if it's like a mod, maybe for some reason some conflicting pk3 ended into its folder (e.g. under your homepath)? That may explain why the problem would not occur in baseoa...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Color
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:08:00 PM »

I have a problem with OAmme too!

If the demo has 2 or 3 maps in it, when 1st map finished the demo stops playing, it continues counting time but picture stays same.. :/
I think it's not the problem in map since in the demo they probably changed map to oa_ctf4ish or oa_ctf2, and there's other demos where I'm playing those maps and the demos work fine.

and cg_forcemodel 1 doesn't seem to do anything..

*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 08:39:33 AM »

I hope we can find Bioxide. Theres many problems!
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 05:34:22 PM »

It's probably best to start with the original Quake3MME source instead.  There's a repository online.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 05:37:42 PM »

I am not really good with these kind of things unfortunately  Grin
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 08:54:22 AM »

Hi guys, I contacted Bioxide via PM:

My old website is down, and I do not have oamme hosted anywhere anymore. If OpenArena can provide hosting for the files, we can put the files under GPL and distribute them with the OA package or something, but I do not have time to host or maintain that anymore.

As for the q3mme source. Your best bet is to instead use WolfcamQL's source, as it's already based off of ioquake3 and it would only be required to edit small bits of code to make it OpenArena exclusive. Q3mme does not have support for TA and crashes whenever TA weapons are used or are located on a map.

I know this is true because Brugal had me on the inside loop of wolfcamql for a bit and I was actually working on porting it over to OA (I do not think I have my old files anymore). Wolfcam does currently have support for q3 demos (dm_68) though, so any changes that need to be made are extremely minor.
Hi, thank you for your reply.

Can I copy-paste your reply to the forum thread where people are talking about problems with q3mme?
Maybe some programmer may read that and decide to take a look to WolfcamQL source, and port it to OA. Maybe Grey Matter or Pelya, who knows...
You are saying that you have no time anymore to even try to start a such work, right?

About the current OAmme implementation, I think we may however put it online again, at least. What do you need? For a simple web page about what it is and how to use it, I think we may just use a page of the wiki... for the proper files, instead, Wikia does not allow to upload .zip or similar files... but we may just host them in a public Dropbox folder, or something similar (a file for the "executable", and a file for its source? All together?). If you were thinking about something more accurate for the sources (e.g. svn or git repository, google code, etc.), I'm not used to such things, I don't know what to tell you (except that you may ask Fromhell or Sago)...

I think we may continue this discussion on a OAmme forum thread (e.g. http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4834), so other people may tell their opinions and availability...
We can continue this on a forum thread if you like, but my replies will most likely be sporadic at best. I was only able to respond to your PMs because this forum account is linked to my email and I received email notifications.

Who may like to work on a new OAmme version? GrosBedo maybe?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:01:15 AM by Gig » Logged

*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 10:25:58 AM »

I hope someone can work on it :(. Wolfcam is quite nice, and it is very similar to q3mme. I think someone will come out and work on it with no problem. :)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: