Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GLSL Programming?  (Read 10808 times)
matija123
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« on: November 04, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »

Hey guy's, soo i watched some effects on heroku.glsl.com and i really liked it, but how did they programmed those effects.
What is GLSL?
Basics?
How to start?
I am really interested, and im looking forward for some help and programming  Afro

Thanks.

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 02:01:34 AM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLSL

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Manual/Graphic_options#GLSL_effects
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/GLSL (the page is under updating... the updated version is -temporarily- at (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Glsl_Tutorial_Test).

I hope in future it may be possible to fix a couple of problems that affect 0.8.8 implementation of GLSL shaders when the shader is run with GLSL support disabled or with errors...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Hitchhiker

Cakes 11

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:35:49 PM »

Hi Matija! did you download the demo map? try changing one of the glsl programs in there (just change the numbers/parameters a little and see what changes in the map). '/r_ext_vertex_shaders 1' to enable glsl (you probably know that but for anyone else who might be reading and not aware of it)..
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 01:40:34 AM »

'/r_ext_vertex_shaders 1' to enable glsl
/r_ext_vertex_shader, without the final "s"...  Wink
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:45:29 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Hitchhiker

Cakes 11

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »

Hi Gig Smiley
Thanks! sorry for the misinformation.  Embarrassed  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: