Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GeM's InstantGib CTF! banned me permanent....  (Read 30465 times)
PulpoPaul
Nub

Cakes -1

« on: November 18, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »

Hello guys today I wanna to denounce GeM's InstantGib server CTF! for abuse, permanently blocking me for allegedly using aimbot, I think this moderator, ban to me without me using any kind of software, I dont know how I can report it as well put it in this post to know that you can do with this character the ip this server is:
94.23.34.69:27970

Thankss......

My nickname is the pulpoPaul  Smiley
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »

Sorry, we have no control on who run servers. Anyone can run his own server, there is no "server approval" system.

However, maybe someone here may know who is the admin of that server (I don't know, sorry) and may tell you how to contact him.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:13:52 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 05:12:47 AM »

Another place where you may find someone knowing who runs that server is an OA-related IRC channel (see (DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Main_Page#IRC for a list).

... wait a moment. I just checked that server's page on dpmaster
http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=openarena&server=94.23.34.69:27970
and I see that it does mention a contact email. Did you already try to send an email to that address?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:06:55 AM »

Sorry, we have no control on who run servers. Anyone can run his own server, there is no "server approval" system.

However, maybe someone here may know who is the admin of that server (I don't knoe, sorry) and may tell you how to contact him.

Wut? Aren't servers connecting to the master server of OA? I'm damn sure you can block servers by using the master server.

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 09:35:18 AM »

AFAIC none of us have control over the master server. Not even fromhell.

We are devs, but we cannot babysit anyone.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 09:35:52 AM »

We have no control over the master server and if we did, having any authoritative block on a specific server isn't even a good course of resolve.  And personally i'd rather keep my mind out of any multiplayer server dramas.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »

We have no control over the master server and if we did, having any authoritative block on a specific server isn't even a good course of resolve.  And personally i'd rather keep my mind out of any multiplayer server dramas.

So if the master server would be DDOSsed, we're screwed D:?

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 05:40:40 AM »

On the contrary, unlike many new games, someone can always upload a new master server where OA matches can be seen, but the default cfg file should be modified so it points to the new master server instead to the old one.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 03:52:44 PM »

On the contrary, unlike many new games, someone can always upload a new master server where OA matches can be seen, but the default cfg file should be modified so it points to the new master server instead to the old one.

Nope, the game should use a subdomain on the main DNS such as master.openarena.ws, which is just a CNAME to the real masterserver (i.e. dpmaster.deathmask.net as of now). This doesn't solve the port problem (SRV records anyone?) though.

This space is for rent.
PulpoPaul
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »

then, I can not play again because to OA, because  this moderator ban me ?, now he bans me because I report forum lol Roll Eyes..

I think one of the things you should do is check these gentlemen that affect gameplay, I have no fault to be the best player than moderator
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 03:16:22 PM »

OA forum bans generally occur from instigation and/or spamming.   This thread has neither.

OA forum bans aren't connected to server bans, and they're not going to be. We're not Zdaemon.

It is your responsibility to assume caution on what servers you play on.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
PulpoPaul
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 03:26:46 PM »

No problem guys, I will not play OA, I have no guarantees to play quietly without moderator ban people who are believed to be very good players playing for this reason the proprietary games are better than these games that claim to be free software , since the latter have no control or their own game .. thanks

Sorry for my English I used google translator
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »

No problem guys, I will not play OA, I have no guarantees to play quietly without moderator ban people who are believed to be very good players playing for this reason the proprietary games are better than these games that claim to be free software , since the latter have no control or their own game .. thanks

Sorry for my English I used google translator

Sounds like OA lost one of her users once more because of an extern failure. Such a shame...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 07:11:34 PM »

Yep, nothing to do with us. And if such measures are to be implemented, then we might betray people's freedom, something we don't want to do.

Still, this claim is highly hilarious:
for this reason the proprietary games are better than these games that claim to be free software , since the latter have no control or their own game

grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 08:07:28 AM »

It is your responsibility to assume caution on what servers you play on.
This a hundred times (*gives cake*).

If you get banned/kicked from your favourite server for no apparent reason, you might want to reconsider whether it really was the best server. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good (on the inside).

This space is for rent.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 02:37:01 AM »

then, I can not play again because to OA, because  this moderator ban me ?, now he bans me because I report forum lol Roll Eyes..
I have not understood this. You have not been banned from this forum...  Huh Huh Did you try to contact those server staff at the email address you find here? What did they answer to you?

However, if you have a problem with a certain server, just switch to another one. Fortunately, there are more OA servers out there.  Wink

I think one of the things you should do is check these gentlemen that affect gameplay
Again, in this OA forum, although sometimes a few server admins may read it, is not very frequented by server admins... it's mainly frequented by developers. In general, we are not related with who runs servers, and we have no control over their behavior. Maybe more server admins frequent DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Main_Page#IRC]OA-related IRC channels, but I can't say for sure.
It's like you download any OpenSource software, such as GIMP or OpenOffice: their authors (hopefully!) will not control which kind of use you will do with the software they created, and they will not even know who you are or how to contact you. The same way, we have no control over who downloads OpenArena and decides to run his own server.... anyone can.

GeM
Nub

Cakes -5

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 02:22:37 PM »

I found myself reading PulpoPaul' ::)s posting after someone pointed it out to me sadly people seem to think its ok to do as they please in someone's Server without a thought for others which PulpoPaul was doing on this Occassion and posting messages in the OA Forum lying about it we do not Ban Innocent people for no reason, we want everyone who plays in our Server (my Husband and I) without having to Justify why someone has been kicked or Banned aslong as people play without "Trolling" and respect others they are very Welcome we aren't the same as other Servers thats why people think they have a God given right to Badmouth us so just to set the Record straight if PulpoPaul was Banned Permanantly why has he/she been playing in our Server for weeks, hes never been Abused by us, he was removed because players were Complaining about him using Autoaim/Bot, Camping, hard to hit uses Handicap etc thats the reason why if he can't Respect other people or Servers he should expect to be ejected. Grin
*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 10:08:51 AM »

I know Pulpopaul, he definitely does not use an aimbot. You as an admin should INVESTIGATE, instead of assume. Pulpopaul, has been playing OpenArena longer than you've been here. He shoots very well, I remember when he didn't even speak english. You should reconsider your ban on this man. It's instantgib, one shot kill, its easy to mistake someone for an aimbot if they keep killing you.

Did you ever bother to spectate him? There are obvious aimbots, and then there are very hidden aimbots. But even still, why is he still banned from the server? Shouldn't you ban for a few hours? maybe even days? This is not an attack but you should definitely investigate before assuming something is right. Pulpopaul is a player that doesn't need an aimbot. Instantgib isn't even hard..

This could be avoided if you all just played Allweapons.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 10:12:21 AM by *Ruthless* » Logged
Homme_de_noiR
Nub

Cakes -13

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 06:56:31 AM »

Did you read what she wrote?
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 11:19:45 AM »

he was removed because players were Complaining about him using Autoaim/Bot, Camping, hard to hit uses Handicap etc thats the reason why if he can't Respect other people or Servers he should expect to be ejected. Grin
People suspect the better players of cheating all the time, it's the admins' task to actually prove those accusations (possibly by recording demos and posting them somewhere public to document their reasoning). Banning someone because some amount of unspecified players bragged about his score is not justified.

Camping can be prohibited by server rules, so banning might be justified if after clear display of rules/definition of camping and warnings a player continues camping.

"Hard to hit" is not exactly a reason to ban someone. If you don't want people with bad connections, low frames, high ping/packetloss to play then you should tell them right away. Imho this applies to 50+% of the regular players however,
so this is not a clever reason to ban someone.

Using handicap is ban worthy now? What the .. this should be the point where you stop reasoning with admins since they clearly don't know any better. If anything, (good) players should be rewarded for trying to keep balance by handicapping themselves. If you don't want anyone to use handicap then disable it serverside.

Now as I've pointed out most of those points given are questionable anyways. Either way I don't see how they are related to respect in any way. Insulting players, advertising clans or other servers might be lack of respect.
Lastly I don't know how you "can't Respect other [..] Servers" and in how far this is relevant in any way as long as you behave according to the rules on any server.

P.S.: As an admin/moderator it should be obvious that you need to follow the/your rules as well.

This space is for rent.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 11:29:16 AM »

he was removed because players were Complaining about him using Autoaim/Bot, Camping, hard to hit uses Handicap etc thats the reason why if he can't Respect other people or Servers he should expect to be ejected. Grin
People suspect the better players of cheating all the time, it's the admins' task to actually prove those accusations (possibly by recording demos and posting them somewhere public to document their reasoning). Banning someone because some amount of unspecified players bragged about his score is not justified.

Camping can be prohibited by server rules, so banning might be justified if after clear display of rules/definition of camping and warnings a player continues camping.

"Hard to hit" is not exactly a reason to ban someone. If you don't want people with bad connections, low frames, high ping/packetloss to play then you should tell them right away. Imho this applies to 50+% of the regular players however,
so this is not a clever reason to ban someone.

Using handicap is ban worthy now? What the .. this should be the point where you stop reasoning with admins since they clearly don't know any better. If anything, (good) players should be rewarded for trying to keep balance by handicapping themselves. If you don't want anyone to use handicap then disable it serverside.

Now as I've pointed out most of those points given are questionable anyways. Either way I don't see how they are related to respect in any way. Insulting players, advertising clans or other servers might be lack of respect.
Lastly I don't know how you "can't Respect other [..] Servers" and in how far this is relevant in any way as long as you behave according to the rules on any server.

P.S.: As an admin/moderator it should be obvious that you need to follow the/your rules as well.

There actually is no justice on any server and there never will be. Why? Because as player, you are just a guest on someone's server which uses their facilities. It's kind of the same as when stepping into someone's house; you follow their rules or you get out. Another point; they pay so you can play. They are also not asking you to connect to the server. You ask them to be connected with it. So just move on to another server and make it yourself 'comfortable'.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 11:33:49 AM by Suicizer » Logged

*Ruthless*
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 06:39:03 PM »

Did you read what she wrote?

I obviously have, I'm well aware of what she wrote.

i wouldn't agree with ALL admins not knowing any better. Some admins don't understand what it's like to be playing.

On a footnote, I don't play at GeM's anymore, but I do know of her as an admin. She's not very much a fair person at all. It's usually GeM's way without any reasoning. I'm not attacking her, because I have nothing against her. She's usually always having some lame excuse why she banned someone. Remembering days there, it was by far one of the most unfriendly zones in all of OpenArena. People didn't have freedom, nor did they have any rights to much of anything. GeM, and her husband pay for the server, and have all the rights to who can play there and who cannot. Saying this, people have been regularly abused for at least 3, 4, maybe even 5 years at this place. Bans, and kicks usually go for permanent, for a week or so, depending on if she likes you or not. Some go without warning, and even without proper reason.

Reading her post, I grow more convinced that she wrongly banned poor PulpoPaul, off of assumption, and neglect.

The only thing she probably can say about PulpoPaul, he probably was playing with a group of players who were out of his skill level. Young players all can't really tell the difference between a bot, and an above average player.

This is Instantgib we're talking about, it's not that hard to be above the ordinary. It's only pointing and clicking.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 06:53:56 PM by *Ruthless* » Logged
GeM
Nub

Cakes -5

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 06:28:26 AM »

Seriously this is getting rather Laborious as PulpoPaul also Z4muZ hasn't been Banned for a while now the Record should be changed its like one of those Tunes they play over and over like "I know a Song that'll get on your Nerves", Pulpo should Actually learn to play as part of a Team after all it is CTF and also put his Toys back in his Pram, he was Banned BECAUSE others were Complaining about him, its done, over NOW Please get over it, you're playing in our Server sheesh if you were my Son I'd lock you in your Room, take all your Toys away Evil
GeM
Nub

Cakes -5

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 06:36:19 AM »

Regarding *Ruthless* I can't Comment on his post as I don't know his Name in the Game however if he had Complained to us Directly I.E through our E-mail GeMsOAInstantCTF@gmail.com we could have discussed the matter further but like most he'd rather go in a Forum and Complain, I know that Admins whether they run the Server or not aren't mean't to be Popular I don't have Favourites everyone is treated Equally, even my Husband would be kicked for the same Behaviour, if people connect to play they will be free to do so, but if they connect just to Disrupt the Game for EVERYONE they have no place in any Server, just my Opinion, I'm not new at being an Admin/Server Operator most people who play in the Server haven't Complained that I'm "Power Mad" if they behave they are left to play, simple Tongue
BlankBruno
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 07:51:04 AM »

While I haven't been playing regularly for quite some time now, I would like to say that unless something has changed, I always felt welcome at GeM's server. She was always very friendly toward me and seemed to be toward others playing on her server at the same time.

Again, something to keep in mind, IMO, is that we are talking about Gem's server, and she and Gold have the final say. Any who are playing there need to keep in mind that they are guests of Gem and Gold, and should act accordingly. Keep in mind that a guest can wear out their welcome.

Just felt like offering my opinion, and as most of us know, that plus US$5 might get you a cup of coffee.   Grin
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: