Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake 3 Texture roundup and new q3a2oa (its long overdue imo)  (Read 5417 times)
Danfun64
Nub

Cakes -1

« on: November 25, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »

I think after the past few years its time to reorganize what quake 3 resources are used and what are missing.

The most recent version of q3a2oa available is v5, which is
   A. Questionable legally
   B. Outdated due to not containing textures from OA 0.8.8 or trunk.

I think someone should make a list of all resources from quake 3, and if they are accounted for in 0.8.alien trunk, or q3a2oa v4 (last version without questionable scripts and textures). From that we can make two new packs, one for open arena, containing only resources missing in 0.8.8 (using trunk and q3a2oa v4 resources, making sure they don't override 0.8.8 textures or scripts) and one for other games, like Warsaw, Xonotic, World of Padman, etc...

I put this in the idea thread because I wouldn't know where to start myself, especially since I am not a developer here. I wouldn't know where to copy the contents of the scripts from one file to another. But I do think this has to be done sometime, so that players can stop using outdated and questionable replacement pk3's.

What do you think?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 11:52:09 AM »

I can guess these wiki pages were done to help developers doing the "q3 texture replacement" job:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/List_of_missing_textures
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/List_of_missing_textures_and_shaders_of_Q3_and_TA_maps
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/List_of_missing_sounds

Unfortunately, I fear they could be VERY outdated...

Other lists, maybe a little less related:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/List_of_textures_and_shaders_of_Q3_and_TA_maps
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/List_of_Q3_and_TA_shaders
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/List_of_OA_shaders
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Texture_packs

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: