Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: q3map2  (Read 12697 times)
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« on: March 04, 2007, 08:29:54 PM »

I got bored and added OA support to q3map2, it has flares without the added -flares bsp flag and seems to solve the texture sizing problems when textures aren't in the pak4.pk3.

Working on getting it to build outside of the GtkRadiant tree and cutting out the crap we don't need (Like Support for CoD, Wolf ET, JK2, etc.) I'll upload it here when it's done.

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 09:39:56 AM »

For those that don't want to wait here is a patch to add support for oa to q3map2 v. 2.5.17 (from the radiant subversion repo. at https://zerowing.idsoftware.com/svn/radiant/) here is the patch.

Extract the diff into the tools/quake3 directory and
Code:
patch -p0 <oasupport.diff

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:56:21 PM »

comparison screen shots

old compiled with -game quake3
new compiled with -game oa

There is a huge difference, not only in the texture sizing but in the light.

tw3k
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 07:15:02 PM »

yeah wild, the latter one looks more luminous naturalistically
Czestmyr
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Member, Player, Mapper

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 09:57:51 AM »

Hi, dmn_clown. I updated my system recently to Fedora Core 6 and I had to install a new version of gtkradiant. But the q3map2 that is bundled with it seems to get texture sizes wrong. Everything seems to be cca. 4x smaller. How do I install your patch? (I compiled the gtkradiant from the source, so I did use svn) I can't find it on the website, you provided.

Oh, sorry, I'm dumb. Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:01:36 AM by Czestmyr » Logged

Jabber ID: Czestmyr (rolled-herring-sign) jabber.cz
stroggi
OA SUCKS BECAUSE IT "SCAVENGES SHIT" LIKE MY SHITTY MAPS
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 01:30:02 PM »

Hi, dmn_clown. I updated my system recently to Fedora Core 6 and I had to install a new version of gtkradiant. But the q3map2 that is bundled with it seems to get texture sizes wrong. Everything seems to be cca. 4x smaller. How do I install your patch? (I compiled the gtkradiant from the source, so I did use svn) I can't find it on the website, you provided.

Oh, sorry, I'm dumb. Cheesy

this means q3map2 is not finding the textures  for some reason.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »

this means q3map2 is not finding the textures  for some reason.

q3map2 doesn't really support OA, and the support that is there isn't as good as it should be which is why I forked it.  One of these days I'll put some effort into the stand alone binary and get mingw setup correctly so the freaks weirdos people without taste Windows users that do not have a build system installed can use it.

anyone
Half-Nub

Cakes 2

I may weep openly

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 08:19:10 AM »

Will there be a support of W: ET "q3map_foliage" feature ? When I try to use that parameter in shaders, I get a wrong surfaceparm error in OA.

I'll wear my badge, a vinyl sticker with big block letters adherent to my chest, tells to all your friends: "I am a visitor here, I am not permanent"
(The postal service "district sleeps alone tonight")
Promoted Mapper of the Century by some CPMA mid/high experienced player (luvyoalot, man)
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 12:25:57 PM »

That's not in vanilla q3a, so no.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: