Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to Radiant  (Read 9108 times)
Shael Riley
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: July 20, 2007, 02:34:25 PM »

Hey, guys.

I'm having, as many of you seem to be, a lot of trouble getting Radiant to load OA's textures. Are there any alternatives to using Radiant?
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 02:38:40 PM »

If your having difficulty setting up the textures. Please post your problems and we will attempt to help you.

There really isn't any true alternative unless... maybe Quark...
Shael Riley
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 02:54:27 PM »

Though I select the directory containing the game engine correctly in the path, subsection of the preferences menu, Radiant will not load OA's engine or textures. It will, however, load the original Quake III engine and textures when they are selected in the same way without a hitch.

On a side note, would you say Quark is more intuitive than Radiant? So far I've been able to make a hollow, perfectly square block that is just barely big enough to fit inside and has the texture of stone.
enki
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 03:26:46 PM »

Be sure the right paths are set in gtkradiant 1.5.0\games\oa.game. (see that thread for more infos : http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=213.0 )

I don't recommend to use quark, it makes .map files unreadable with gtkradiant1.5  Sad.
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 10:40:56 PM »

I don't recommend to use quark, it makes .map files unreadable with gtkradiant1.5  Sad.

Also many of our shaders can't be selected for use in quark due to quark not having a default texture to fall back on.  Sad

Sausage
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Ilaa

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 05:56:05 PM »

And to add to it all, the QuArK layout can't be the same as Radiant's, which seems to be the best.... it's a shame, QuArK Runs on vista too, i just hate it.. Tongue

- Sausage
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: