Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: OAWire  (Read 73464 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »

If someone wants to know... tested, it works with FF5, too.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

Hi, Udi.
Mozilla released FireFox 7... OAWire should be updated again.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 02:38:16 PM »

[trollish burnout]If so, Firefox sucks balls for breaking plugin API and they should put efforts in this rather than make silly things like blindly following Google's versionning strategies. While it may be better if they spent time implementing SSL 1.1+. What'll save us from Mozilla & Google ?[/trollish burnout]

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »

I think that Mozilla release policy, from some months, is meaningless. Changing major version (after few weeks!) just because you scheduled them, even if you don't have really implemented major new features, is useless.

Business customers and extensions developers aren't happy with it... so I red that Mozilla is thinking about doing something like a "business-oriented fork" of its programs, to be updated less frequently.... and about changing the extensions system default behavior, making extensions "compatible by default" with new versions of the program, unless their programmer (or user feedback) specifies differently. But I don't know how's the current situation with these ideas.

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2011, 02:53:51 PM »

Idk how much work it would be to do that but what do you think about the idea of a Vista/Win7-Gadget (on Desktop) for OA where you can see the servers (+information) and where you can easily join to the server with one click?
Well that's just an idea... Roll Eyes
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »

A server browser in a widget?
Could be interesting, even if I don't know what would be the "plus" than using a "standard" stand-alone server browser like Qtracker... anyway we would need someone capable of writing it.

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Servers#Server_browsers

OAWire is my favorite server browser, being lightweight. And it is multiplatform, I think.

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »

Well, just forget what I said. It was a bad idea. -.-
But thank you very much for your attention!
I am sorry.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2011, 05:41:16 PM »

What? You haven't anything to be sorry about...

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 08:28:09 AM »

I think that projects which are on the addons.mozilla.org repository are updated automatically so that developers don't have to release at every new FireFox version. I'll check that out before friday. Even if not, it's worth putting it there, since you get autoupdate, as Gig mentioned earlier.

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »

I think that projects which are on the addons.mozilla.org repository are updated automatically so that developers don't have to release at every new FireFox version.
I don't think it is this way it worked, at least up to a while ago (if you update Firefox/Thunderbird the same day the update comes out, you find many extensions not complatible yet), anyway you can try to check. As I mentioned, I red that they are planning to change the system, to indicate extensions "compatible by default", unless differently specified (something like switching from whitelist to blacklist-based system), but I don't know if and when they will do it (and I don't know if a such change would affect only those in their repository or all of them). What I know is that many devs at the moment are "faking" it, manually setting compatibility up to version 9 (when the current one was 5) or similar, to make less frequent updates.

Of course, being in their repository would be much comfortable for the user anyway!

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 10:24:56 AM »

Added to the Mozilla database. Every new addon has to undergo some review, I asked for a preliminary review which should have taken 3 days, but OAWire is still the 163th in the queue. Hopefully after the examination I get some expert advice, and I'll be able to update the module to be future proof.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »

Good. But will you continue to update the http://code.google.com/p/oawire/ page, too?

PS: Any idea about adding those additional features we talked some months ago? One was allowing to select if to show OAWire icon in the upper extension bar, in the lower extension bar, or to hide it all. Another one was allowing the user to manually select a different language.

PPS: I've seen some Thunderbird extensions (Smart P7M Support and ShowFolderSize) that I wasn't able to find in their extension repository (and so I had to download and install them manually), but after installed, they get automatic updates anyway.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:53:55 PM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 05:30:04 AM »

Udi, any news?

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2011, 06:13:14 AM »

Udi, any news?

I think I can make a release on sunday with FF7 support, maybe I can do the other features aswell.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2011, 06:01:07 AM »

OAWire 0.1.2 released, see first post.

The only change it has that it supports Firefox 7, so you can still use it while I work on the other features. Added to the Mozilla Addons repository, it was put on the addons review queue, until that is finished you can only access the addon page with the direct link (searching for it will give no results). The Google Code page is still working, and the SVN repo was properly updated and tagged.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2011, 06:27:15 AM »

Okay, thank you!  Smiley

I will try ASAP...

adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »

I works now again. Thanks!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 02:43:43 AM »

Hi, Udi.
Just a few things...
- Starting from which FF version should the current OAWire version Work? Mozilla addons page says 3.0 - 9.*  - I tried it on a machine with an old FF 3.6.23, and it got installed, but in the dpmaster listings page, only the first server gets the "play" button...
- http://code.google.com/p/oawire/wiki/Changelog is not updated
- http://code.google.com/p/oawire/wiki/Localization is not updated (I know Italian is already supported)
- Screenshot used (shown on the official Mozilla repository, too) shows a server with the name containing something that seems a swearword...

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:32:38 AM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2011, 02:24:19 PM »

... while it works correctly with Firefox 7. I cannot try with FF4, 5 and 6.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »

Thanks Gig for reporting errors. Updated the pages (the FF compatibility was properly checked with different portable editions on Windows). Another maintainer update is coming soon (tonight or tomorrow), because version 0.1.2 was rejected from the Mozilla repo, I have to fix a security issue ASAP, and I want to fix the backward compatibility issue aswell.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2011, 09:14:39 AM »

This is what i get on the mozilla repo:
https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/oawire/

and if i try to search for the addon "oawire" i get no results.
What am i doing wrong?
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »

Up to yesterday, the web page of oawire on mozilla repository was there, even if with a note that said that it was not approved yet (and thus, NOT findable using a search). Now, instead, the page seems to not exist at all.

I suppose the reason is in the post above yours: oawire has been rejected by Mozilla due to a security hole. Udi will have to publish it again after fixing the problem.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2011, 10:54:36 AM »

I suppose the reason is in the post above yours: oawire has been rejected by Mozilla due to a security hole. Udi will have to publish it again after fixing the problem.

Yes, that's the case.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »

Udi, seeing that you are working on the tool... what about making the "settings" window larger, to show longer paths without having to scroll the field?

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2011, 03:41:42 PM »

what about making the "settings" window larger, to show longer paths without having to scroll the field?

I've increased the initial width of the window, but also made it resizable, so you can resize it however you want: picture.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: