Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Android port  (Read 306535 times)
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2014, 12:06:26 PM »

Oh, okay, what you're describing would be much easier to implement, but I of course interpreted it in my own way  Roll Eyes
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »

Pelya, I just realized that fist person aiming is screwed up also with classic "shoot button" mode. Firstperson is almost impossible to play at the moment...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2014, 12:26:58 PM »

I've already fixed that, now waiting for OACMPv1ver4 to release everything together.
Also, I'm trying to replace ioq3 renderer with OA renderer, if I succeed - expect FPS drop :p

Edit: I've managed to compile OA renderer, and it works, but since there are no shaders available in GLES 1.1, bloom does not work, and flares do not work because I cannot read values from depth buffer, so the result looks identical to the old ioq3 GL1 renderer.
And I won't ever enable GLES 2, because all texture functions do not work - you have to use shaders exclusively instead of texture units, and even GL2 renderer still uses texture units.

Do you still want twin-joysticks touchscreen control? Did you try Critical Strike game to test it?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:45:29 PM by pelya » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2014, 04:48:01 AM »

Pelya, a question: after I pull down the console (~), how to confirm a command from the virtual keyboard?
I type for example "/g_gametype" and then I tap "enter"/"ok"/"next" (depending from the virtual keyboard in use)... then it does report the text I wrote to the console, but it does not "confirm" it.
If I use the phone with the physical keyboard, I can press the physical "enter" key to confirm a command... but when using the virtual keyboard, I don't know how to confirm any command...

I noticed that, when using this virtual keyboard in OA, the "enter" key, instead of showing the classic "enter" symbol (which is shown when I'm writing an sms, for example), shows the "next" text. Strange...

PS: will next version delete the pk3 of oacmp volume 1 v3 before downloading oacmp volume 1 v4, to save storage space on users' devices?

PPS: What about the aiming mode I was hoping for?  Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2014, 05:21:47 AM »

You do not need ~ key - press button at upper-left and enter the command (first press Back to show menu, and prepend / while playing the game, you don't need that while in main menu) and it will get executed in console.
I'll try to fix that bug anyway, and delete v3 on upgrade.
I've added smooth camera rotation to 'touch to aim' mode, but not to 'touch to shoot', because it's more complicated. Now it feels weirder, because I've used for swiping, and that camera rotaton often swipes in the opposite direction than my finger.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2014, 06:03:50 PM »

I've published new Android release, with OACMPv3 for now, which should fix first-person view and mods, however I failed to fix a bug with Enter key in console.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2014, 02:13:56 AM »

Good. I have to try the updated version...  those firstperson bugs were really "major", and waiting for another week would have been worse.  Smiley

jastolze
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2014, 10:50:13 AM »

Hey, I just wanted you to know that I love this port. So far, it's the only port that recognizes both analog sticks on my Nvidia Shield. I have a couple of suggestions, though:

1. Can you fix the console to where it has console commands working? Right now, after I load a map, when I type in a command, (i.e:  /give all) it just makes the player say it on chat, and does not apply the cheat. What's weird is, commands work before loading a map, (so I can type devmap) but not afterwards. Maybe you could look into this?

2. On the Nvidia Shield, the only buttons it doesn't work with are the directional pads. I'm not sure if you can fix this without actually owning a Shield, but that's 4 more buttons that could be available. Also, on the Shield, there are 2 R and L buttons, but both L buttons do the same (in my case jump) and R buttons (fire). I'm not sure if you can change how it reads the buttons, but if you could that would be amazing!

If you even get one of these working, that would be cool. Thanks for any help!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2014, 11:24:40 AM »

1. Can you fix the console to where it has console commands working? Right now, after I load a map, when I type in a command, (i.e:  /give all) it just makes the player say it on chat, and does not apply the cheat. What's weird is, commands work before loading a map, (so I can type devmap) but not afterwards. Maybe you could look into this?
IIRC, currently, to enter console commands from the game, you have to open the "DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/ESC_menu]ESC menu" first (on standard Android phones, by tapping the "back" button... I don't know on the Shield).

From Play Store description:
You can enter console commands using button at upper-left, you need to be inside game menu, and start command with / symbol.

More, entering ~ allows to drop down the console, but in that case I'm not able to enter the final "enter" at the end of a command, unless using the physical keyboard of my device (I think Pelya tried to fix this some weeks ago, but did not succed).

jastolze
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2014, 11:32:28 AM »

Maybe Pelya could have the port use the android keyboard. By Long pressing on the console, an OSK could appear. Right now, that's not implemented. It should be fairly easy, too.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2014, 12:35:43 PM »

Nah, that's not easy, because the input handling code is already messed up, and I don't want to break it.
I'll fix the command with / symbol treated as chat text in game, it's fairly easy.
jastolze
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2014, 01:21:03 PM »

Oh, that sounds good. Smiley

Also, is there a way I can run Open arena with a command line option? I'm using another mod called Reaction Quake 3, and I wanted to make it easier by starting the cmd file off with "-set fs_game RQ3 +devmap MAP_NAME"

But, in order to do that, do I need to create a file with those parameters in it? If so, what should the file name and extension look like, and where should I place it?

Thanks!
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2014, 01:45:15 AM »

Hi Pelya, how are you?
It happened again that the "change weapon" on-screen button does not function anymore for me. I have no idea the reason. The icon changes when I tap it, but nothing happens.
I tried "change device configuration" -> "Reset config to defaults", but that didn't fix the problem. Any idea?

As a temporary workaround, I set /cg_alwaysweaponbar 1 (then tapping directly on weapon bar to change weapons).

Oh, that sounds good. Smiley

Also, is there a way I can run Open arena with a command line option? I'm using another mod called Reaction Quake 3, and I wanted to make it easier by starting the cmd file off with "-set fs_game RQ3 +devmap MAP_NAME"

But, in order to do that, do I need to create a file with those parameters in it? If so, what should the file name and extension look like, and where should I place it?

Thanks!
I don't know... maybe something like this may work? http://lifehacker.com/quickterminal-creates-command-line-shortcuts-1028944422 But I haven't tired it... and I'm not sure what's the command line to start OpenArena from console on Android...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:48:37 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2014, 04:14:55 PM »

Gig, you probably have this button reassigned in OpenArena config file, it is not cleared when you clear SDL settings, you can open file manager and delete directory Android/data/ws.openarena.sdl/files/.openarena

Jastolze, tap 'change device config' button when app starts, select 'Install location' then 'Custom', press OK, and there will be command line string to edit.
nrz
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2014, 01:24:22 AM »

Hello, I wonder how I can mod server settings like seta sv_fps for an android server started from an android phone. Thanks a lot. Appreciate your work.

nrz
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2014, 05:44:18 AM »

Start server, press Back to go to menu, press button in upper-left, then type
seta sv_fps ...
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2015, 10:39:58 AM »

Gig, you probably have this button reassigned in OpenArena config file, it is not cleared when you clear SDL settings, you can open file manager and delete directory Android/data/ws.openarena.sdl/files/.openarena
Uhm... I also have the same problem "switch weapon on-screen button" also in a new device. Game just installed, the button doesn't work (I see the yellow button changing shape when I touch it, but nothing happens).
I tried deleting /"storage/extSdCard/Android/data/ws.openarena.sdl/files/.openarena" (hidden) folder, but still that button does not do anything.
SDL "Remap onscreen controls" tells me "Button 1 - Change weapon" sends "SLASH". In-game, Settings -> Control -> Shoot says "next weapon / or ]", "prev weapon [ or MWHEELUP]".
Any idea?

By the way, are game settings automatically backed up and restored by google's automatic backup (like how your new phone already connects to the same wifi networks of your old phone without asking for their password), maybe? Maybe this may explain the reason why a clean install already shows the problem... however not why deleting the .openarena folder does not fix them.

Some more things:
- I have 13,28 GB available on the SD Card, and SDL "Data installation location" screen says it has got 6219 MB free.
- Are you sure that also with latest SDL platform updates, you have no way to enable in-game brightness controls and resolution controls?
- "Gyroscope aiming" slowly rotates my view also if I keep the phone still.
- When I respawn, it is aiming up instead of in front of me...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:05:19 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2015, 10:57:47 AM »

That's strange, I'll check, maybe there is some bug.

SDL does not support changing screen brightness. As for video mode, decreasing it will result in video output to upper-left part of the screen, it will not stretch to the whole screen automatically.
You may use command "wm size 800x480" from ADB shell on your Android device to change screen resolution globally.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2015, 02:03:19 AM »

Pelya, did you investigate about those annoying problems?
- Change weapon button does not work. I have to always show weapon bar and touch direcly there.
- If I use thirdperson mode, every time I respawn or exit zoom mode, the game changes my view, looking at the zenith (vertically above me).
Is there some kind of test I can try to help you identifying the cause?

Gig from cell phone.

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2015, 02:58:51 AM »

I've seen the second bug, did not fix that yet. Weapon switch button indeed does not work, no idea how did I miss that bug.
I'm currently rather slow with my open-source development, so maybe I'll release a fix next week.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2015, 03:42:13 AM »

That would be good, thank you. Also, maybe you may take the chance to stress more the note about how to enter console commands, in google play description (that's already there, but maybe it may be more stressed, e.g. with some asterisks, in case it is not possible to use italic or bold in app descriptions. Especially the part about being in menu first.)

Gig from phone.

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2015, 02:02:18 PM »

I've published an update. Zoom button sometimes misbehaves, other bugs should be fixed.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2015, 01:28:04 AM »

Uhm... with this update, I see now the whole game is bundled with the app, which is now 437 MB on Play Store (before, it downloaded just a few MBs from Play store and then downloaded most pk3 files from whithin the app).
Why did you change this? Due to Play Store requirements?

So, my phone is downloading the whole game again... will it use the same path as before (sdcard/Android/data/ws.openarena.sdl/files), or data will be downloaded to a different place, doubling the space actually used?
Will this "big" download happen only once or every time you will post an update?

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:15:56 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2015, 02:21:43 AM »

I did it because of user complaints, they like installing everything in one package, plus sourceforge servers aren't most reliable.

It uses the same place, amd this data is installed only once, then it's deleted so it won't take 2x space.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2015, 04:51:46 AM »

I did it because of user complaints, they like installing everything in one package, plus sourceforge servers aren't most reliable.

It uses the same place, amd this data is installed only once, then it's deleted so it won't take 2x space.
At first startup after the update, it looks like it downloaded something, but it was quite fast (maybe it just did some kind of MD5-like check on the files? Or maybe, looking at pak7-android.pk3 date/time, it downloaded that one.)...

"Aiming-up" and "change weapon button" problems seem fixed. Good!
I also like now there isn't the need to be in ESC menu, to enter console commands. Good!  Smiley

Thank you!  Smiley

PS: Is it possible this update included some "tech" enhancement which allowed the game to get (a few) more FPS? I have the feeling the game runs (a bit) smoother now, but maybe it's just an impression...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:39:31 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: