Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So who is the 2nd best all rocket player?  (Read 14764 times)
SoS Color
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

All Rocket Champion!

« on: January 24, 2015, 09:31:49 AM »

Hello.

Today I have a interesting topic on my mind. I'll assume there's a couple people who don't know about this stuff so I'll have to fill them in on it. Through out the years of playing Open Arena I've seen many skilled players and had the chance to compete with them. Most of them didn't turn out to be as big of a challenge as I expected. Now, I've well and truly established myself as the #1 all rocket player, so I come to this community wondering, who might be the 2nd place holder ?

In my opinion, which should have huge impact on everyone else's opinion, considering I'm the title holder, Aniki and Peruanito have a good chance of being the #2 and #3 place holders. The skill they've displayed, whilst not being close to my skill, I'll guess is rather impressive from the average OA-dudes point of view.
 I don't think I've ever played 1v1 with Aniki, since only times I encountered him were when the server is at it's peak (ROFL all rockets). I've had the chance to play with him on mine and enemy team multiple times, and I can say that he takes a lot pressure off of me when he is on my team, however, can't say he puts the same amount of pressure when he is on the opposing team.
 Peruanito, well honestly I don't even know. I know he's a good player but I've not had much chance to fight him since he's spectating most of the time. He's probably afraid to step up against the champion, and understands that if he was on my team we'd be too strong.
Here's a screenshot of me and Aniki destroying some average players, and of course Peruanito spectating. You might wonder why it's such a close match, not to take away credit from the enemy team, but I didn't really try. Now a player who doesn't really have a clue about anything might say "Who the hell are these enemy guys? They're newbs probably!". If you doubt Yoman I got some Proof he's good.. Proof#2, well not as good as Crew/Manty and /SvD/Palas, but as the screenshot shows, he's carry-able, even 3v2.

Now I'll assume there's gonna be few potatoes (JorJoker, *M*Aim and >insert generic troll name here<) who will disagree with me being #1, also, but hey.. Do I really need to prove it at this point  ?
JorJoker is delusional, he thinks he can beat me 1v1 or something, lol.. Just get in my team you Joker, I'll carry you.

Honestly, you guys can just all jump in one team and try to dethrone the King of All rockets, you can give it a good shoot, but you guys won't succeed. People attempted it before: screenshot#1, screenshot#2, screenshot#3

I hope I kept the topic short enough for ya'll, since I know most of you have low will power (proven it ingame) and will complain about it being tl;dr.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:45:49 AM by SoS Color » Logged
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 11:03:26 AM »

Although why would we (at least I) care if you would be the best rocket player; did you actually have fun playing so?
I miss the demos as proof...
What mode are you actually playing?

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
SoS Color
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes 0

All Rocket Champion!

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 11:53:21 AM »

Although why would we (at least I) care if you would be the best rocket player; did you actually have fun playing so?

This topic is not about me.
This is about who in your opinion is the 2nd place holder, so stay on topic, thanks.

Allrocket mode.

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 02:31:22 PM »

This topic is not about me.
This is about who in your opinion is the 2nd place holder, so stay on topic, thanks.

Allrocket mode.

You may ask that; but eventually crown yourself as being the best player on that particular mode.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 02:49:37 AM »

Sorry, I'm not used to play a lot online, so I don't know you... but can I say that using the first post after registering on a forum telling "I'm the best X in the world. Now, who's the second?" sounds a bit like trolling?
Probably it's true you're the number one, but probably it should be someone else to say that, not yourself. Maybe a specific tournament event should tell that us... (the first, the second, the third)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:56:00 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 04:31:18 AM »

Sorry, I'm not used to play a lot online, so I don't know you... but can I say that using the first post after registering on a forum telling "I'm the best X in the world. Now, who's the second?" sounds a bit like trolling?
Probably it's true you're the number one, but probably it should be someone else to say that, not yourself. Maybe a specific tournament event should tell that us...

I played the mode yesterday; it's horribly boring which only relies on 1/12th of gameplay within the game (actually 1/13th if you count the grappling hook also).
In my opinion such servers that cast modes like this should appear somewhere at the bottom of the serverlist (no matter how many people are on the server or your connection rate) as newcomers get a wrong impression of Open Arena when playing for the first time.

Any way, good for you that you''ve mastered the Rocket Launcher. Now try to get with the other weapons just as good.

P.S.
Shouldn't this topic be in Multiplayer instead of General?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:35:17 AM by Suicizer » Logged

Bane

Cakes 5

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »

The best don’t have to say they are the best others know and say it for them.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 11:58:49 AM »

<insert quote from The Rock here>

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 02:47:15 PM »

I know, that this is an old topic, but we all know the best rocket player ever: G@tos!
I miss this old greek guy (even if he isn´t able to frag me Cheesy ).
DILZNIK
Half-Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 10:17:59 AM »

This posts seems so familiar to me, in many ways than one can expect. I remember doing posts of this nature, and being concerned with being the top dog. All of this seems not so long ago, having the mindset that being that top guy was like being a superstar of life.

In my early days of playing OpenArena, I played the very popular game of Instantgib, before fully converting to Allweapon CTF & Duel. Being that Instantgib was so popular I were able to match up, and play against many different breeds of talents, strong defenders, deadly accurate shooters, even guys that can do it all. I remember the days of supeR,Instantgib, GeM's Instantgib & GOOGLE's Instantgib where they were at full capacity morning, noon, and night. Playing, and having what I thought was great success as an OpenArena player, against the best Instantgib players of the time led me to believe I was the next legend of the game. It wasn't until a player who hadn't played for a quite sometime caught me doing some serious trash talking, and wanted to show me a little something about the game (Good old fashion butt kicking) Cutting to the end result, each game was a 8-0 this didn't sit well with me at the time. This wasn't any ordinary loss, it was a loss at a game I thought I had figured out, and announced myself as the King.

A good friend of mine (Biox1de) who is very intelligent showed me a few things that I understood, but I couldn't grasp in enough time to enjoy my stay in OpenArena. He showed me my mistakes, and taught me how to correct them. The amount of time spent playing with a good friend that is one of the most intelligent people I know has changed the latter part of my OpenArena experience, and even seeing life differently. The lessons given to me slowly but surely changed my overall skill in OpenArena. I went from being a guy that can only do 2 things to being a versatile talent. The amount of things that I learned from losing to whoever in my early time of playing, caused me to have an unbelievable time playing during my last years of playing the game. Realizing after playing the game for years, there was much more to being the #1 guy. Before you can claim the title, you have to ask yourself who are you #1 compared to? Sometimes you have to sit back and watch from a unbiased stand point on your competition. Are they even of decent talent? Or Are they even ahead of the basics of the game? Can they do any advance techniques? Do they even have a strategy? Pick out the best part of their skills, and make an unbiased opinion to yourself. Are they of much talent at all? Theres many things to consider before claiming a #1 title in a game of these standards, being that OpenArena is a game based off of the Quake 3 engine. Quake 3 a game that released in 1999 which is a 15 year gap between the eras, it wouldn't be that hard for someone who has played since the release to come over and dominate effortlessly. Today you can be the best, and tomorrow you can be dethroned without much a hassle. You have to take into consideration that the eras of OpenArena have changed dramatically since the release, none lasting more than 2-3 years. Anyone who dominated OpenArena never really defended the imaginary P4P (Pound 4 Pound) ranking. Being that this isn't a sport, players who were bad in one generation of the game can easily comeback as they please and torch the competition in the next.

No offense but this topic is unnecessary, and seems like your calling for attention. Throughout my years playing theres 3 things I want to share in this post.

#1 Telling everyone how your the best only turns people against you. Even if you are great, nobody will ever admit it. (Speaking from experience)

#2 CTF is meant as a team game. But during a 1v1 it displays every skill, including speed, intelligence, accuracy, combinations, etc. And I totally understand and believe its one of the many ways to consider who is better between two players, its not the only way, and there are many factors that determind who wins. Ping, etc
If you really want to 1v1 play duel/tournament/1v1.

#3 No offense. Instantgib & All Rockets are two gametypes that water down the actual fun of the game. Meaning that these two gametypes stunt growth of a players overall skill. If you really want to be taken serious as a player, playing any form of Allweapons will get you recognized as an elite player.

Having someone to help me in ways that nobody can ever imagine was something I never would believe could happen to me. I hope I passed this on to a good friend of mine, who probably still enjoys my teachings to this very day. I feel that I have passed my knowledge onto someone else who has taken my teaching in OpenArena to another level. To be honest I'm not sure if he's still playing the game these days, because OpenArena is definitely not what it once was.

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 04:27:40 PM »

In any case: G@tos is the best OA-player Cheesy

ps: i remember 2 guys who realy impressed me long time ago: Stygius and U NamedPlayer.
I couldn´t say, who the best one is, but we all know, that insta is much superior than Rocket. And AllWep is just 4 babies Grin
And Defrag ist just a game for camper and i usualy like to play minecraft topsy

But if you realy like to play a teamgame and upgrade your skillz, you have to play tf2. Oh wait, there is no mod for OA Shocked
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 05:00:01 PM »

But if you realy like to play pay a teamgame and upgrade your skillz hats, you have to play tf2.

This space is for rent.
ThePlayer
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 09:57:47 PM »

The community is so small that anyone could be #1 on this game  Tongue
S1lly
Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 11:03:54 AM »

For me Top n1 not (n2) are G@tos, Lofty Banana, Penguin and Stoner... those are my top 4
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: