Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.8.0 Bugs/Remarks thread  (Read 72611 times)
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« on: August 09, 2008, 09:28:59 AM »

Yop, so ...

Todo: Walk the cat.
CFQ
---

Cakes 0

---

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 10:01:52 AM »

----
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:09:29 PM by CFQ » Logged

I blanked my posts because I don't like this forum anymore! BAWWWWW
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 10:13:09 AM »

• On oa_ctf4ish, x,y,z axes are visible near the flags.
It is a null-model. I think they are in all maps prepared for missionpack but I don't know exactly why. sago2 has it too

Also:
  • DD: Icon for blue B appears to be missing
  • caps and num-lock can't be used in Windows (last minute sacrifice to fix the mouse)
  • Missing gametype keys in some of the maps
  • VM files believe they are baseq3

Maybe something wrong with the STANDALONE flag ?

Then it is weired that we didn't notice it before. I have played online on all test binaries but the final.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »

The icons related to the MissionPack weapons are missing.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
CFQ
---

Cakes 0

---

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »

----
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:09:44 PM by CFQ » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 03:19:53 PM »

Some errors with the Mission Pack: (The other ones was from lost sounds)

WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'models/weaphits/nailtrail.tga' in shader 'nailtrail'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'models/weaphits/kamik02r.tga' in shader 'models/weaphits/kamikred'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'models/weaphits/kamik02b.tga' in shader 'models/weaphits/kamikblu'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'icons/invulnerability.tga' in shader 'icons/invulnerability'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'icons/ammo_nailgun.tga' in shader 'icons/icona_nailgun'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'icons/ammo_proxmine.tga' in shader 'icons/icona_proxlauncher'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'models/powerups/ammo/proxammo2.tga' in shader 'models/powerups/ammo/proxammo2'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'icons/nailgun128.tga' in shader 'icons/iconw_nailgun'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'models/weapons/nailgun/nailgun_env.tga' in shader 'models/weapons/nailgun/nailgun'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'models/weapons/nailgun/nail.tga' in shader 'models/weapons/nailgun/nail'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'icons/proxmine.tga' in shader 'icons/iconw_proxlauncher'
WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'team_icon/stroggs_blue.tga' in shader 'team_icon/Stroggs_blue'

WARNING: reused image textures/flares/flarey.tga with mixed glWrapClampMode parm
WARNING: reused image textures/flares/lava.tga with mixed glWrapClampMode parm
WARNING: reused image textures/flares/wide.tga with mixed glWrapClampMode parm

WARNING: R_RemapShader: new shader team_icon/Stroggs_blue not found

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »

Some errors with the Mission Pack: (The other ones was from lost sounds)

WARNING: R_FindImageFile could not find 'models/weaphits/nailtrail.tga' in shader 'nailtrail'

warnings aren't errors

The icons related to the MissionPack weapons are missing.
They are there, did you install 0.8.0 properly

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 04:00:20 PM »

Yes, I've unzipped all to a directory with their respective paths.
Did you mean this?

TehTux
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 04:39:19 AM »

Just thought I'd share what I found.

Creating a 'Last Man Standing' game with the new map 'SCHISM-B2' will cause the game to crash, with the error of (if you run it from the command line) “ERROR: Couldn't find a spawn point ”.

Can anyone reproduce?

HeadshotGamer.com
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 05:41:51 AM »

IMO sounds when taking a flag is quite chaotic.

If by this you mean successfully capturing the enemy's flag, you hear a low rumbling noise (not so much music):

The sound for this is in stereo, instead of mono.  SDL seems to try to play it as mono anyway (i.e. both interleaved streams together), resulting in what'll sound like half speed (and stopping in the middle).

(Falling back to SDL = no OpenAL libs or bad config, or s_useOpenAL is "0" (generic ALSA sound on a P3 Katmai))

OTOH, could also mean sounds in general.
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 06:29:32 AM »

@Damocles, you're right, I meant "the sound when capturing the enemy flag", I posted in a hurry Wink
If it's slowed down that'd indeed explain why it sounds weird.

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 09:45:28 AM »

• not all FFA maps appear in singleplayer / skirmish / multiplayer create game menu (for example slimefac)
  • ctf_inyard doesn't work anymore (spawning you in an endless hall of mirrors)
  • AllRockets gameoption produces 'Weapon out of range' error when playing with bots.
  • Elimination doesn't work on schism_b2.
  • Game crashes sometimes on disconnect (from a local/listen game)
  • Announcer doesn't tell you enough in Domination gametypes.
  • GUI feedback is not enough in Domination gametypes.

Everything is tested on osx with 0.77 binaries.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
prime
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 01:12:50 PM »

Firstly well done for this release, there are deffo a whole bunch of changed/improved stuff.

Couple of problems / comments, this is on the Windows version, running on XP pro SP3, with an
NVidia graphics card (incase that matters).

Some maps, I have found DM6ISH and KAOS2, when started from the single player menu startup ok, but
don't spawn in any bots. Trying to use /addbot in the console to add some gives me the message :-

fatal AAS not initialized
BotAISetupClient failed for bot <botname>

Is it just me or is the mouse a little bit um 'different' guess I just have to get used to it, seems to
react slightly less quickly than before.

What's with Beret, the model is much improved, he now looks and sounds like a soldier and not
a boy scout Smiley However he seems to roll about eveywhere on one side which on some levels makes
him pretty difficult to hit.

Sometimes the game will hang and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and end task it, this leaves my windows
colours screwed, firing up Q3, or IOQuake and then exiting will reset them, however OA does not,
though it is fine within the game. This is strange as OA is based on IOQuake.

Otherwise everything seems to work as before copied the addon levels and bots in from my 0.7.7
install and they all worked fine, as does uie, which I use as it's much easier to quickly setup a bunch
of bots/maps than in the default game (and quake 3 for that matter).

Cheers.

Phill.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 01:43:43 PM »

I have nuked the old bug list and created a new one to make it easier to follow development and see status of the bugs:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Bugs

Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 02:24:58 PM »

When I switch weapons quickly by binds it often switches one more time to a non desire weapon. Must be something with the hypermodern sdl input? O_o

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 02:54:28 PM »

• ctf_inyard doesn't work anymore (spawning you in an endless hall of mirrors)
I can play ctf_inyard without problems.

Some maps, I have found DM6ISH and KAOS2, when started from the single player menu startup ok, but
don't spawn in any bots. Trying to use /addbot in the console to add some gives me the message :-
I can play those levels too (with bots)

zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 03:20:10 PM »

new weapons- in the statusbar mines arent picmipped, but other 2 weapons are picmipped.
also i loaded a map with /devmap a couple of times and gun marks on the wall from chaingun were missing (sometimes), altho i was shooting and doing damage to bots. hmm and i guess no marks for nailgun too?
CFQ
---

Cakes 0

---

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 05:23:14 PM »

----
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:10:05 PM by CFQ » Logged

Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 06:30:11 PM »

• I think it has been introduced in 0.7.6, but ^ key isn't accessible on Windows XP with a french layout keyboard. Applies too on 0.8.0. Note: with 0.7.6, keys for bringing down the console were changed too and were quite boring to use ; also, switching from 0.7.7 and 0.8.0 (or from 0.7.1 to 0.7.6/7) requires me to edit my config each time to fix A & Q keys.

jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 09:06:15 PM »

i have a similar problem to cacatoes as i dont use a standard us keyboard, the keymap is set correct in windows and the keys work on previous versions but in 0.8.0 the _, [, ] and ? seem to have been mixed up and where some were moved to seems to be keys which dont work with the input system.  i'm using windows xp and a japanese ps/2 keyboard.  another problem i have noticed is on this version servers (maybe just a few) badly stall on a connect, not the model loading but the lagometer goes nuts and connection interrupted flickers on the screen.  there is something kinda funny tho, although it is not a bug it is sort of cool.  using the ayumi/jenna model from my 0.7.* config brings a headless ayumi, creepy.  on the plus side the mouse input seems very good.
<< ME >>
i claim to be leilol and i think every forum is a public and free speech venue

Cakes -2

0Wn ME iF yOu Can!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 11:30:51 PM »

Hi all, this is the "evil bastard" who hates 0.7.7, but we are talking about 0.8 now so...

Ive played the whole day the new version, and the only problem (here is where fromhell smiles) are the sounds...
The mouse is damn ok, the colors and the details are damn good, in fact, I LIKE THEM (not really)... but certainly... not the new sounds...

-The "got ya" sound is not clear enough, its like any other shoot, imo: the previous sound was nice u could know when u shoot ur enemy, and thats important, isn't it??
-The railgun sound is weird, not bad, just weird and not too loud and it doesnt last as much as I think it should be, its too short..
-The lightning gun is ok, the new "lightning" is nice, but the sound is not "complete", in the past versions u can hear the wall impact, now there is no sound when u shoot at the wall.    Suggestion: a bit sharp and longer
-The plasma gun sound is fine, but its too "solid" like any other machine gun, it should make more....... "plasma sound"??
-The BFG sound is a bit "lonely" once u shoot u should listen that terrible green ball crossing the map, but u dont...

I can realise that all the sounds dont last as long as in the previous versions and they should be sharper too.

The "let me change my weapon" sound is excessive, seriously... I think is not necessary at all.
And the sound when u get some ammo or armor is almost the same, (if its not the same) I think the previous sound was fine.

I think the main problem so far are the sounds, I was thinking in "mixing" 0.7.* sounds + 0.8 sounds and "listen" what happens...

Agreed?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 11:32:38 PM by << ME >> » Logged

"uh.. FREE SPEECH?? does it make any sense to you??
Deleting posts and locking topics is just the same as banning"
Sharpflame
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 01:32:46 AM »

I like most of the new sounds, I prefer them over the old ones. I agree with those who say the "hit" sound is too quiet or blends in too well.

The shader/texture/whatever is missing at the bottom left of the screen when you pick up a Chaingun Belt/Chaingun Ammo. It might be that way with the others, I'm not sure as I haven't checked.

I really like the new version, it has a lot of improvements. My favorite is the chaingun! Evil

pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 02:16:51 AM »

sounds are much worse than the old. you can't even hear if you hit with the railgun, wtf?

and equip the lightning gun and hold fire - first you hear the lightning then it dies out and the weapon is totally silent! the lightning gun doesn't even make that low sparkly noise when you carry it around. and the shotgun sounds like some toy weapon.

there are probably more sound changes i don't like but i haven't played that much yet. more to come, i fear.
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 02:36:39 AM »

Yeah the new (improved) sounds are a sensible issue. The speaker sounds are allrite...but wtf happened to the LG sound? The pick up sounds are a bit too loud imho...instead of that I would like to hav a default model with louder footsteps. But hey the PG looks awsum now! Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 02:40:32 AM by Fitacus » Logged

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
Cacatoes
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 05:14:44 AM »

using the ayumi/jenna model from my 0.7.* config brings a headless ayumi, creepy.  on the plus side the mouse input seems very good.
I confirm, noticed it because some bots on a server called itself Jenna.
And oh, I really miss Jenna, she was my b*tch Cheesy
I can add she was quite popular on servers, probably more than Ayumi standard models :/

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: