Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: q3dm6ish v3: Castlegrounds (plus CTF version)  (Read 83145 times)
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 07:22:58 PM »

[deleted comments about an obsolete map]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 08:29:19 PM by andrewj » Logged
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 07:29:39 PM »

Ehrm... I guess I should delete the link to DM version until I finish CTF one, that's the version I'm currently working. Cheesy

EDIT: Deleted link to DM version. -.- I'll be doing DM one from half of the CTF map.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 07:33:06 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

[uM] Clan Delegate OA Player

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 09:51:57 AM »

may i upload this awesome map to the ultramaim server. it's really great!!!

or do i have to wait till the map is definately finished??

ultraMAIM Clan .-. http://ultraMAIM.de .-. IRC: irc.quakenet.org #ultraMAIM

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 10:10:04 AM »

I'll suggest the second.
But if you can put the map, so I can have some more feedback, you're welcome to do that.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

[uM] Clan Delegate OA Player

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 12:59:32 PM »

perfect!! it's up tomorrow i think

it's on:                     78.47.72.12:27979 [ULTRAMAIM.DE]NEONKN8
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 03:36:43 PM by [uM]Cyberdemon » Logged

ultraMAIM Clan .-. http://ultraMAIM.de .-. IRC: irc.quakenet.org #ultraMAIM

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 04:23:53 PM »

Oh, thanks for the honor. Grin

christooss
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 06:13:41 PM »

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/45675/shot0054.jpg

This stairs look wierd. imho to dark. But when playing on server they look errorish Smiley

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 06:57:08 PM »

I don't see what's the error, even in full detail & fullbright mode. :/
Something I've found at fullbright mode is texture misalignment, one of the things that will be corrected in the next one. :/

And I need to learn on how to hint in order to make the map play well. -.-

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 10:18:56 AM »

I've made a quick DM version of q3dm6ishv3. It's basically half of CTF version (I took red side for it, flags and jumppads weren't modified since the only flags available there were red and blue) with white lights.

Weapon & item placement changes A LOT from the original q3dm6ish. I've tried to make it dynamic, so ammo boxes aren't near their respective weapons. (Or require an extra effort to got ammo after getting weapon) I've put some health and armor shards there, and the only thing kept as it is from q3dm6ish was Quad at middle area.

You can find at it: Grenade, Rocket, Plasma, Railgun, Shotgun.

I think it's ready to go. The only thing to do is my weakest point which prevents me to complete my maps since I've read all tutorials there and there, and I was getting more confused with them... -.- it's called Hinting.

To avoid confusion with older versions of q3dm6ishv3, it will be called q3dm6ishv3-b1. You can find the download link, as always, at the first post.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 09:14:15 AM »

How about heightening the ceiling of all rooms, so basically increasing the map vertically? It feels so claustrophobic and tiny like the Q1 conversion maps. In Quake3 the map looks like a cathedral of blood, huge and majestical. But this map feels like a low budget flat of some left handed butcher. The jumppads in the quad room and in the gold armor room are useless, because you can rocketjump instead of using them. With this set of textures it's finally getting close the it's best, so thank you for your efforts, but I think you should raise the ceiling to make it the glorious castle of TiMaster in which you feel inferior and lost Smiley .
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 09:23:34 AM by Udi » Logged

http://udionline.hu/en/projektek/openarena/
Todo list: 1. q3dm17 textures replacement (95% done)
RudyRailer
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 09:29:41 AM »

How about heightening the ceiling of all rooms, so basically increasing the map vertically? It feels so claustrophobic and tiny like the Q1 conversion maps. In Quake3 the map looks like a cathedral of blood, huge and majestical. But this map feels like a low budget flat of some left handed butcher. The jumppads in the quad room and in the gold armor room are useless, because you can rocketjump instead of using them. With this set of textures it's finally getting close the it's best, so thank you for your efforts, but I think you should raise the ceiling to make it the glorious castle of TiMaster in which you feel inferior and lost Smiley .

Yes i suggested that 2 some while ago.
Nice to see your comment i thought i was the only one feeling claustrobic.
maybe we can setup a selfhelpgroup?
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 10:18:25 AM »

That would be the best, but learning GTK-Radiant and developing mapping skills is a thing which I don't really have enough time to Sad.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 01:50:55 PM »

I've scaled the map to 1.5x times bigger than the original, also raised the ceiling.
That lead to some fixes on stairs and pillars.

I'm very busy with the organization of an OA tournament, things here are very hot since we finally have a dedicated server. But I'll upload soon the map.

RudyRailer
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 07:38:30 AM »

That would be the best, but learning GTK-Radiant and developing mapping skills is a thing which I don't really have enough time to Sad.

About that selfhelpgroup,..i was referring to the claustrofobic part Wink
Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 08:37:32 AM »

About that selfhelpgroup,..i was referring to the claustrofobic part Wink

Oh! Well... Hello than. I am Udi. I haven't played OA for... 16 hours. I... I was here before, but I still feel that the walls are... hehh... closing upon me. The hypnothizing method, which suggests that I am a bull running on an open field didn't worked... so well. Now I shoot everything which is red... which is quite a problem if I am on the red team, or there's lava on the map. Oh! And my girlfriend didn't liked that I call her a well-fed cow... But fortunately Neon_Knight said he will solve the problem. He's a nice guy. Maybe he was hypnotized too. He thinks he is a medieval knight omitting disco lights. But maybe I just make it up... I haven't entirely gave up drinking you know... I rather think he is a holy knight, a saint of OA, saviour of the fraggers, and the lights are coming from his glory. I guess you can't just walk around with oldschool white lights, it's the 21st century you know. Oh! Sorry, the devil just told me to shut up, it's not the Club Nub...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 10:05:59 AM »

Sorry guys, I couldn't finish it at time. :/ I was working on other maps too.
I'll be sending to SVNC thread the actual q3dm6ishv3, and a new ctf version made of it, but I'll promise to get those ceilings higher and running well.
The only thing I could do is to scale the map. It's 2x bigger than before.

After I finish with am_galmevish issues, I'll see what can I do quickly at this duo.

PS: You should leave those nasty LSD pills. Cheesy (Joke)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:07:39 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »

CTF version ready to go. This will be the send-to-SVN-commits candidate version. I hope it works...

- Redone entirely from the last q3dm6ishv3, mirrored of course ( Cheesy ) and fixed.
- Scaled map 2x
- Weapons: Lightning Gun, Railgun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Gun, Shotgun
- Items: 2x Megahealth, Body Armor, Teleporter & Quad Damage (only available at CTF, Overload, eCTF and DD) And of course the reglamentary health and armor. ^^

This will be the commitment version. I'll be also doing the DM version and put it ready to go.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2009, 06:09:20 AM »

Repacked q3dm6ish-ctf due to missing model. Also packed q3dm6ishv3-b2, with its only difference being its 2x scaling.

Udi

Cakes 25

i do my own stunts

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2009, 08:13:18 AM »

Also packed q3dm6ishv3-b2, with its only difference being its 2x scaling.

Thank you Cheesy ! It looks great, and plays great. Only bug I noticed: the stairs leading to the red armor got too big with the scaling, you cannot walk up on them, just bunny-hopping.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2009, 08:15:54 AM »

Damn... -.- I knew I forgot to do something... -.-!!!

I've declared my hatred to this map now. -.-

Anyways, v3-be uploaded, with this only change. -.-!!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 08:31:25 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »

Hey, Armageddon Man, you did a fantastic job. Even if you started a map from another then converted it back. We all appreciate your mapping skills, even if you don't want to believe in them.

I respect you and if you declare a hatred toward one after this so-many works, it's logical. I'm sure your works will take half of next changelog... if not all of them.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2009, 11:59:50 AM »

Lol, don't worry, hating is metaphoric in my case. Smiley I don't hate noone/nothing seriously, except if they/these made me a very deep damage, which by simple words on a forum can't happen. Smiley

I wanted to do this, basically, because of many reasons, being the first of these that I like OA project, and I wanted to contribute with it in what improving/creating things is. I've made the same with Hydronex, for example. The other reason is that I'd like to show that there's no übersuckingmap, since by the open-source nature of this project, everything can be improved.

I was working on improving, for example, oa_dm5 too, but then I realized that I'm working on a LOT of maps, so I've just stopped it by the moment, and focusing in trying to finish (at least) what I begun.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 02:59:31 PM »

Bumpy bump.

I finally managed to solve the mess this map was. Unfortunately, I'm unable to do anything OA-related because yesterday my PC blew up. -.-
Well, that's an overstatement. I don't know if it's RAM, CPU, Video or MoBo, and I don't have any way to know if it's Video-related because my MoBo hasn't onboard Video.

So, by now, I'm stuck. -.-

VortexHU
Lesser Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2011, 05:21:37 PM »

Bumpy bump.

I finally managed to solve the mess this map was. Unfortunately, I'm unable to do anything OA-related because yesterday my PC blew up. -.-
Well, that's an overstatement. I don't know if it's RAM, CPU, Video or MoBo, and I don't have any way to know if it's Video-related because my MoBo hasn't onboard Video.

So, by now, I'm stuck. -.-

darn Sad any ideas for finding out? test after taking out some of ram or attach external monitor?

on a mac? maybe try:
http://www.nexuizninjaz.com/forum/Thread-Radiant-Map-Maker-on-Mac.html
http://www.nexuizninjaz.com/forum/Thread-Useful-Mapping-Resources-Places-to-Visit.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 05:33:35 PM by VortexHU » Logged

— VortexHU —
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2011, 06:26:30 PM »

No, I don't use Mac.

My problem is that it manages to overcome the POST screen, but when it loads the OS, the PC shuts down. And it happens with both any installed OS and any LiveCD.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: