Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Too good shooting?  (Read 59803 times)
Rajoy
Nub

Cakes -1

« on: November 22, 2008, 01:52:01 PM »

I've seen a guy online who shoots too well IMO. The map was CTF4ISH. The guy stood 1/2 map away from me or even farther, but machinegunned me very quickly. It wasn't somebody else to help him, no other's rocket or railgun: healthpoints decreased quickly, but gradually. I saw no bullet sparks around me. It looked like somebody's machinegun was firing only in the cursor direction (while usually it misses a couple degrees).

I wonder if this was a kind of a cheat, if this is possible, and what to do with that.
sittingduck
Half-Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 02:21:38 PM »

Most likely, it's just someone very good. If you really think someone is cheating, spectate them and make a demo of it. Then others can look at it and see if it looks like some kind of  a cheat.
I have been called a cheater a few times, and would never dream of it..... Most people are the same way.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 03:21:26 PM »

ctf4ish is a very open map and the machinegun is extremely powerful there.
all those jump pads and distances make the machinegun useful for pushing people out of their trajectories.

bind a button to "kill" yourself if you know you're gonna miss the platform you were aiming for - it saves time. and makes you less frustrated when it happens.
i usually take the opportunity to change track in the playlist when i'm out there in space - falling to my death Cheesy
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 03:48:16 PM »

Was it UnnamedBitch ?

Todo: Walk the cat.
Rajoy
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 01:56:58 AM »

Ok, maybe it's just a good shooting. It's not UnnamedBitch.
epicgoo

Cakes 5

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 04:06:38 AM »

play instagib
imho everyone cheats there
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 04:23:02 AM »

Consider unlagged servers make instant hit weapons (like machinegun, lightning, railgun) more stronger.

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
Ivan_D
Nub

Cakes -1

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 05:46:57 PM »

Was it UnnamedBitch ?
I call him Unnamed Kitten Wink

In Soviet Russia OpenArena plays you!
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 03:21:44 PM »

if you want to see what an aimbot is kinda like, try spiterbot.  level 100 spite is excelent with the machine gun.  i have never seen a real player aim this good lol.  its a good reference for what is and isnt a bot.  one thing to look out for with spiterbot tho is don't mix 'smart bots' and normal bots or oa may crash, it does for me anyway.  you will notice its machine gun accuracy is pretty much over 90% if you set it up correctly(often 100% lol).  good luck beating it lol.  if you dont want to download a mod try bot_thinktime 0 and bot_challenge 1 with a nightmare dark/ayumi/major, it certainly makes them respond faster as they dont change movement/aim every 100ms but within 1 frame.

SpiterBot: http://files.filefront.com/SpiterBot+052+Full/;3944324;/fileinfo.html
zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 09:32:40 PM »

0.52 wasnt the hardest spite made, there were other, harder versions.
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 01:21:49 AM »

yes but its all i can find at this time lol..  still hard tho..
zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 03:27:41 AM »

I just need to come across the CD at which i saved it, i had like 4 versions- one was just a .vm file and i needed to pack it myself (thus it wasnt so popular). Also CPMA 1.45 bots were easier than 1.46 (the hardness comes and goes).
Qrealka clearly admitted that Spite is the hardest of all bots and it *cheats*. He has 360 fov and 0 ms reaction time, while other bots are more human-like.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:32:35 AM by zuma » Logged
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 04:40:07 AM »

humans can be like that too with prediction, know where we will appear for rails and the timing for rockets.  i think its kinda funny how spite calls you a camper then rails you when your looking at the text.
JESUS SCOUSE
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 02:47:23 PM »

Just come off a server playing 1v1.
I got beat on 5 maps.
All I scored was 1 maximum.
The other player  scored in the 90's
He hit me every time he railed.

Ok I know I ain't very good but.....

He/She typed this into the game presumably missing the / off.

siper_x9

When I quizzed him he said it was an error and wouldn't elaborate

Any Ideas?
Was it an aimbot?

I won't name him.

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 04:55:24 PM »

I'm crap at 1vs1, but I'm not surprised some guys do pretty well with railgun there, and so yeah it can happen to be hit almost every time (especially if you ease his job by not moving that well, or if you stay a bit too long in front of him without hurting him)
Maybe you can guess if he's a good player according to his moves, or by the way he uses other weapons.
Since I play OA, I haven't detected any cheater in action, I suppose only a few geeks gave it a try on some private servers Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »

1v1 can be be very one sided. Ideally the two players should be at similar skill levels. If not, prepare for a spanking.
JESUS SCOUSE
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 08:42:13 AM »

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind getting beat (I'm used to it). It's just the command he typed in. Why didn't he tell me what it was.
After all most people on Oa are prepared to answer questions and try to help. I know I am prepared to help others with my limited knowledge.
I know people cry cheat a lot and I pondered putting this post up for some time. Something just didn't feel right.
I have read somewhere that there are no cheats for OA. Is this true?
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 11:04:27 AM »

This cannot be confirmed or denied. Although, JessicaRA has provided me with a demo of someone using an aimbot script in OA. I thought it was quite interesting; but this aimbot was done in ver080. But for the most part, I dont believe ppl use aimbots. Some ppl are freakishly really good, they are Anomalies.

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
zuma
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 11:54:54 AM »

If Sombra got caught, then i dont wonder some KIDS may do the same.
RudyRailer
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2008, 10:57:17 AM »

Was it UnnamedBitch ?
I call him Unnamed Kitten Wink

UnnamedPlayer  (kitten) is/was me,...i changed model now so people wont leave server LoL!
But after 5 wins they leave anyway Sad

Unnamedbitch is someone who renamed after being railed up the arse by me,..then remaned and started camping me ,..he never left his base again ( bit sad why he dont leave like the rest do ) Wink
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »

( bit sad why he dont leave like the rest do ) Wink

Not me Cheesy I may get beat game after game but I'm a believer Cheesy I believe I'm going to win every game I play. If I had cheats then there would be nothing to play for.

When people fall out or if clans start arguing.. that might bring a few cheats but these people are a minority and always will be. Cheaters get bored very easy.. unless they are enjoying annoying the hell out of someone who they dislike.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 11:13:01 AM by missbehaving » Logged
jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 01:34:02 PM »

This cannot be confirmed or denied. Although, JessicaRA has provided me with a demo of someone using an aimbot script in OA. I thought it was quite interesting; but this aimbot was done in ver080. But for the most part, I dont believe ppl use aimbots. Some ppl are freakishly really good, they are Anomalies.

yeah there is only one i've seen(and he wasnt doing it to win he was just testing it really), the rest seem plain human.  if popularity grows a bit i wonder if we will see more.
RudyRailer
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 03:51:38 PM »

( bit sad why he dont leave like the rest do ) Wink

Not me Cheesy I may get beat game after game but I'm a believer Cheesy I believe I'm going to win every game I play. If I had cheats then there would be nothing to play for.

Yes you are one of the few realy great players.(with great players mean great sportivity not giving up)<--modified
my respect for you. YOU RULE!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 04:23:24 PM by RudyRailer » Logged
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »

s.(with great player i dont mean great skills but great sportivity)

go boil your head please
RudyRailer
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 04:24:27 PM »

s.(with great player i dont mean great skills but great sportivity)

go boil your head please

my head is ready
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: