Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: name colouring system problem  (Read 34370 times)
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2009, 09:35:43 AM »

ok, for a second i thought you where mad

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
JESUS SCOUSE
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2009, 12:30:20 PM »

Only a second? I always think you are mad. Mad as a hatter. lol
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »

I have no idea of whether or not this question has been answered or not, but here is how coloring names works

As I am sure you know, you need the carrot ^, followed by a number, followed by the desired colored text.

Black works a little differently. You need two ^'s followed by an 8.
eg:
/name ^^8Player

Will make your name:
^Player

eg:
/name ^1^^8Player

will make your name:
^Player

^1 is for red
^2 is for green
^3 is for yellow
^4 is for blue
^5 is for cyan
^6 is for purple
^7 is for white
^^8 is for black

In the xbattle mod, then everything is the same except
^8 is for orange
^0 is for black

And about your debate on wether having the name black is unfair, you need to have a ^ colored something other than black in order to have a black name. A portion of the name will always still be visible. If you make your name black in order to make yourself harder to see, you might as well make your name . or ' because those marks are smaller than the ^

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
vindimy
Bigger member

Cakes 15

lolwut?

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »

^1 is for red
^4 is for blue
from far i will rail,
from near, melee you Smiley

Cheesy (applause)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 03:56:58 PM by vindimy » Logged

KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 04:24:03 PM »

Only a second? I always think you are mad. Mad as a hatter. lol
jesus, i,m not mad, your just asuming. your getting on my nervers
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 04:26:55 PM by KILLIE THE GREAT » Logged

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 06:17:24 PM »

thanks gerbil, that should clear things up Smiley
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 09:10:16 PM »

The reason you need double ^^ for black is because the code which detects and removes the black color sequence (^0 ^8 or whatever) is buggy.  If that code worked properly, black would never be possible.
dash9

Cakes 6

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 10:15:05 PM »

BAN BLACK
You can ask for a feature in the next version: maybe a new cvar to "remove colors from players' names", or "make players' names readable"..

I found a great camping place: the enemy base!
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 07:19:45 AM »

BAN BLACK
You can ask for a feature in the next version: maybe a new cvar to "remove colors from players' names", or "make players' names readable"..

Indeed, I like this idea better Wink

I think most people aren't that much annoyed by black letters, IIRC there's an option to turn off the display of name players.
Even if it's better to be able to distinguish players (so that you aim the one who has the most skill Cheesy), that may not be the best strategy ... "/cg_forcemodel 1" players should agree.

Todo: Walk the cat.
menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:41 AM »

There is an option in the menu: Identify target, if turned off, the names won't show anymore. Also, in the COmpromise map (the dusty-desert one, by Cosmo), I never see the names of ppl I aim at :/.

An option to "clean up" the names would be nice, but I suppose it would end up in writing exactly te name, e.g. you would see ^5foo^^8bar instead of white foo^bar (the way you want it)
Airwolf
Nub

Cakes 3

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2009, 01:09:55 AM »

I understand how using all black characters on a name could be used as an advantage/cheating and making ppl pissed off and upset. But I love black and would love to be able to use it on my nickname along with other colors, without getting the extra ^.
I propose (or agree with) the following solutions:

1. If OA detects that you are trying to use a name with all black characters it will force your name to white, or random joyful colors.
2. Add a cvar to force all black characters to white for ppl that simply hate black characters entirely.
3. Options 1 and 2 combined to make everyone happy Smiley.
4. Black characters with a white border (I would prefer the previous ones but this would be  much better than the extra ^ )
5. Give us at least a dark grey? (again, any of the above solutions would be much much much better, but this is still better than the extra ^  Sad  )

Hoping this gets considered Smiley.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: