Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Openarena Name Changer??  (Read 105632 times)
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« on: February 26, 2011, 09:50:06 PM »

Im Having A Bit Of Trouble With Making A Quote On Quote "Fake Quake3.exe file" I Seem To Not Be Able To Create One The Proper Way... Can Anyone Make A Name Changer For Openarena I Mean Like If Its Not To Hard. A Name Changer for Openarena Sounds Great. Either That Or Can You guys Join On My Topic "Openarena Symbols ?" I Help Out On How To Make A Fake Quake 3 File.

Thanks!

Mega Rules The World ! Mega Rules The World
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 04:36:00 AM »

Please, use normal capital letters.
I don't understand why you created a new thread instead of continuing into the existing one.
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=4079

Anyway, I agree that an "OpenArena Name Changer" tool would be nice. But I'm not capable to create it.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 07:08:28 AM »

1) Install Linux
2) echo -e \\x63\\x61\\x63\\x61 > copy_to_q3conf.txt
3) It works Cheesy

Todo: Walk the cat.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »

Hey Gig Im Sorry Im Sort Of New To doing Forums And Stuff But I Neeeded A New topic On This Name Changer. How Would It Be Possiable For Someone To Make A New Name Changer But for Openarena I mean What Will It take to Create Such?

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 09:25:58 PM »

This should not be too hard. I might make one for OA today when I get home. The q3 name changer is simply inconvenient to use. I guess for start it should write directly to the config file and colors will be selectable with preview. If anyone needs any specific feature or has an idea let me know.

In defeat we learn.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 01:56:06 AM »

Yesterday, Cacatoes did a try (you can find it in this post)... a web-based name creator (http://openarena.tuxfamily.org/namecreator/), inspired by DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Quake_3_Name_Changer]Quake 3 Name Changer.
It does not have support for colors (yet), but the main problem is that, being web-based, it does not interact directly with the user's q3config.cfg files, and needs users to manually apply the new name editing their q3config.cfg files.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 12:49:45 PM »

So http://openarena.tuxfamily.org/namecreator/ is just a suggjestion? i noticed that i didnt have colors as well but it needs work. not bad though

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 12:52:35 PM »

Thank you @dbX please post or reply (reply to my pm i sent you) when you have started and or finished your "openarena name changer". Im sure your an expirenced person when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Thanks

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 10:42:07 AM »

I've worked on my OA name changer tool for the past few days. Now it is fully functional. It took a bit longer than I thought it would, since I took a lot of time polishing, and figuring out how to change the color of the characters in Lazarus (but primarily due to procrastination).

I've attached a windows executable, and the entire source code (GPLv2). You'll need Lazarus to compile this. I'll also make a Linux executable once I get around to a Linux system (hopefully tomorrow). The tool should also work on a Mac, it may need a slight change (and recompile) so it can figure out where OA config file is. Since I don't have a Mac I can't check this.

Edit: I've uploaded a modified version, with option to allow to store the config file in the same directory as oanc. This is helpful for systems with non-standard characters, which oanc does not support currently.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:56:28 PM by dbX » Logged

In defeat we learn.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 12:19:45 PM »

Seems nice. I will try it!  Smiley

PS: From the screenshot, it seems you forgot ^8. I suppose orange color has been introduced with OA 0.8.5: there is a prblem that it is not correctly shown in console (I hope they will fix it before 0.8.6), but is shown correctly in the score table.

(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Text_colors

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 12:21:39 PM »

I did not know about the orange color. I will add this too.

Edit: attached archive and image
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:36:02 PM by dbX » Logged

In defeat we learn.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 04:06:58 PM »

Haven't tried but well done dbx, far more polished than my attempt Wink and cross-platform which was my main worry and you answered it so that's very fine. I don't know if I'll continue to work on that web interface even though it was fun to make, time will say.

Maybe your tool could come with OA release's package.

Todo: Walk the cat.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 05:00:43 PM »

Thank You DBX Im Glad Someone Knew What To Do Now The Only Thing Is I Want To Figure Out How To Use It With 8.1 Servers Even Though It Works Fine With 8.5 THANK YOU SO MUCH ♥ (no homo)

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 07:09:33 PM »

Given a rapid test. Very nice!  Smiley

If would be even better if you could re-create the feature of DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Quake_3_Name_Changer]Quake 3 name changer that allows to select if to apply the selected name to a single mod, to some mods or to all mods....

PS: I don't know why, but if I close the "config" window without having selected the "save configuration on the same directory of OANC" flag, I get a "file not found" error (but then it seems to work anyway).

Note: that flag means that if you enable it, the program configuration (oanc.ini) will be stored in the same folder where you extracted its executable, and if you leave this unckeded, under Windows the config file will be stored under %appdata%\.oanc folder

PPS: also a version number in the "about" window may be nice.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:58:17 PM by Gig » Logged

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »

Given a rapid test. Very nice!  Smiley

If would be even better if you could re-create the feature of DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Quake_3_Name_Changer]Quake 3 name changer that allows to select if to apply the selected name to a single mod, to some mods or to all mods....

PS: I don't know why, but if I close the "config" window without having selected the "same configuration on the same directory of OANC" flag, I get a "file not found" error (but then it seems to work anyway).

Note: that flag means that if you enable it, the program configuration (oanc.ini) will be stored in the same folder where you extracted its executable, and if you leave this unckeded, under Windows the config file will be stored under %appdata%\.oanc folder

PPS: also a version number in the "about" windows may be nice.

I'll make some of these adjustments and fixes tomorrow, as well as testing under Linux. I guess I could add options to apply to some or all mods, but I'll need to first figure out what mods are present, and present the list to the user. I have not poked much at q3nc, but will see how it works in more detail.

Maybe your tool could come with OA release's package.

That would be nice, but in any case I think it could be placed in the Downloads section on the OA site.

In defeat we learn.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 10:09:06 PM »

Great Dbx  I Love It I Already know How To use It Cheesy I Have A Diffrent Name For Every Server I Go To Cheesy I Love It It Even Works For The Super Server 0.8.1

q3config.cfg is the file you save the names to since going to another server automaticly creates a folder that contains >demos,videos,screenshots q3key's and q3config.cfg

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 04:59:17 AM »

Great Dbx  I Love It I Already know How To use It Cheesy I Have A Diffrent Name For Every Server I Go To Cheesy I Love It It Even Works For The Super Server 0.8.1

q3config.cfg is the file you save the names to since going to another server automaticly creates a folder that contains >demos,videos,screenshots q3key's and q3config.cfg

A different folder is created each time you play on a server that uses a new DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mod]mod.

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 09:21:24 AM »

A different folder is created each time you play on a server that uses a new DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mod]mod.
[/quote]

Yeah I Meant That But In Order To Save Your Name You Would Need To Save It To Either That Servers Folder Or To All Of Them.

im very impressed on his creation its very very well put together,the only thing is that 8.5 has a bug with the orange color Sad

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 11:32:15 AM »

I'll implement functionality to save to all mods hopefully next week.

im very impressed on his creation its very very well put together,the only thing is that 8.5 has a bug with the orange color Sad
What bug?

In defeat we learn.
swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 12:12:08 PM »

Dbx its not a bug on your part its a bug on the 0.8.5 that dosent show the orange text color

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 04:32:48 PM »

As previously said, orange is not shown in the console (where it looks black, if I remember correctly). But it is correctly shown in the score table. More, it is also shown in the extended message of the day. I think it is shown also in the "player settings" menu (but not 100% sure). I don't know if it works on the name that appears over who you are aiming at.

Still about colors, maybe the purple in square in the name changer program could be lighter (more like the color of the text), right?

swaggerall

Cakes -58

Mega|^AIM

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 05:43:04 PM »

The colors are all perfect its just even with the prograsm orange doesnt show

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 06:27:54 PM »

prograsm

orange isn't a supported color

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 01:47:51 AM »

prograsm

But it has somehow made its way into the game. I don't know how, but someone programmed it..... or is it comed out from some bug?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:03:57 AM by Gig » Logged

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 02:40:38 AM »

As Gig said, orange works, more or less, which is why I've included it.

I've worked a bit more on oanc, now I've also included a Linux executable (it's a lot larger than the windows one, hence the ~2 MiB archive filesize). Also fixed several bugs and made some adjustments. Unfortunately, I could not attach the archive here due to it's size (or perhaps it takes too long to upload, don't know). So you'll have to get it from my site.

Thanks Gig for testing.

In defeat we learn.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: