Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: [MAP] OA_Suicizer  (Read 144641 times)
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2015, 04:03:22 AM »

Okay, how about shooting this logo would reveal an exclusive pin-up photo of fromhell's Sorceress?

Maybe a real fromhell's photo wearing a tiny bikini......  giggity  Tongue

Cheesy

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #151 on: July 20, 2015, 02:08:35 AM »

Well that would really need _safe loading in textures which would make load times much higher. i'll keep the bikini stuff behind g_enableFS (with "enableFS" worldspawn key to turn it on appropriately for certain map themes like beach, pool or onsen) as extra player model content only.   I don't think a pinup secret texture would work either.

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #152 on: September 12, 2015, 09:52:21 AM »

.....i'm waiting for Suicizers response.....

What do you think about the personalized textures ? Tongue

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #153 on: September 12, 2015, 10:35:08 AM »

Wink

I''ll try to look into it tomorrow.

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #154 on: September 12, 2015, 11:20:20 AM »

Wink

I''ll look in it tomorrow probably.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #155 on: September 12, 2015, 12:25:34 PM »

Wink

Ok, i hope you like the minimal changes.
...and, please, tell me how to improve it (if it need to be improved...)

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2015, 02:36:52 PM »

Wink

After installing OA on my laptop since the videocard of my desktop went nuts after serving for 7 years... I'm finally there to check out the map (although there is something about the resolution standing in my autoexec.cfg wich puts OA off fullscreen and in a ridiculous resolution after start up; any ideas?).

About the blendings;
Those piles just need more brushes. having 2 to 5 triangles welded onto each other won't do that trick. Further more, the map needs some textureblends on the floors also to be more convincing that it's not just in the corners. Perhaps some more look that stuff is broken (like stairs, trimmings, etc) would make it more realistic.

About the rocks;
In my opinion, I think they may create the illusion of taking space but think again. If it would be something like a high concrete wall, it seriously wouldn't look better, rather boring.
Perhaps there could be some concrete construction behind the rocks, but forget it - it's fine like now.

About the OA sign;
Please don't make it a teleport. There are enough of that on this small scaled map. It could become secret to something like an ammopack or health (similar to that Quake 3 map "chemical_reaction") but there is enough health (keep players hungry for health, but yearning for blood). So it shouldn't be a huge reward.

About the jumppads;
The launchpad could use some moving shader similar to what the jumppads have (or would have). Then again, I like the simplicity it currently contains.
The current jumppads could use a fancier shader yes.

About the personalised textures;
Although it sounds like a funny idea; the issue you're triggering is that any map made by the community will likely have something similar to that (if they have found the "easter egg", which is likely to happen).
So adding such thing is fun, but does it fit a duel arena map? I think it would better fit a map which can hold a lot of people (for team deathmatch, ctf, elimination, etc). Don't hold yourself down not to do it. Maybe some OA billboard would be quite interesting on top of a wall.

About the arch above the teleport;
Make it transparent like if it's glass, please.

I hope this helped.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:08:26 AM by Suicizer » Logged

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »

Thank You Suicizer.

Unfortunately, i think to need Gig's help to translate exactly what you suggest.
Google Translator don't help....XD...

@Gig: In private message please, can you help me ? Tongue

Wink

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2015, 11:23:14 PM »

Thank You Suicizer.

Unfortunately, i think to need Gig's help to translate exactly what you suggest.

Wink

Is it written that poorly =$?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2015, 02:56:54 AM »

Hi Suicizer... just sent a translation di Akom, although there are a few points where I was not sure about what you meant (e.g. "if they have found the easter egg"..)...

PS: About your settings issue, can you tell us something more?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2015, 05:30:35 AM »

Thank You Suicizer.

Wink

You should have put more pictures into your post  Wink
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:30:49 AM by pelya » Logged
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2015, 06:32:33 AM »

Hi Suicizer. Remember that i'm Italian and my english is not perfect.....XD.... some times i need help Tongue

By the way here we go:

About the blendings;
Those piles just need more brushes. having 2 to 5 triangles welded onto each other won't do that trick. Further more, the map needs some textureblends on the floors also to be more convincing that it's not just in the corners. Perhaps some more look that stuff is broken (like stairs, trimmings, etc) would make it more realistic.

If i've understood well, i've to put some other blending in other part of the map ?
It's ok, i've to make some other personalized textures for the next version Cheesy

About the rocks;
In my opinion, I think they may create the illusion of taking space but think again. If it would be something like a high concrete wall, it seriously wouldn't look better, rather boring.
Perhaps there could be some concrete construction behind the rocks, but forget it - it's fine like now.

The rocks are ok, i'll leave as they are.

About the OA sign;
Please don't make it a teleport. There are enough of that on this small scaled map. It could become secret to something like an ammopack or health (similar to that Quake 3 map "chemical_reaction") but there is enough health (keep players hungry for health, but yearning for blood). So it shouldn't be a huge reward.

No no, the OA sign won't be changed. Maybe i'll put a Fromhell's image in transparent glass behind, but not sure...

About the jumppads;
The launchpad could use some moving shader similar to what the jumppads have (or would have). Then again, I like the simplicity it currently contains.
The current jumppads could use a fancier shader yes.

Maybe you're right, that launchpad can be better with an effect, i'll do something.

About the personalised textures;
Although it sounds like a funny idea; the issue you're triggering is that any map made by the community will likely have something similar to that (if they have found the "easter egg", which is likely to happen).
So adding such thing is fun, but does it fit a duel arena map? I think it would better fit a map which can hold a lot of people (for team deathmatch, ctf, elimination, etc). Don't hold yourself down not to do it. Maybe some OA billboard would be quite interesting on top of a wall.

What do you mean about the "easter egg" ?? I don't remember any easter egg in this map.

However, a OA billboard may be inserted but i don't know what type of image i can use (i mean a free one). Maybe i'll do it from myself.

About the arch above the teleport;
Make it transparent like if it's glass, please.

I hope this helped.

You mean as pelya suggested in his post ? I'm not sure if it is possible, but i'll do something...

Thank you again, and to Gig for the translation Tongue

Soon i'll give you a new version of the map.

Wink
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:39:05 AM by Akom74 » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #162 on: September 16, 2015, 11:07:17 AM »

No no, the OA sign won't be changed. Maybe i'll put a Fromhell's image in transparent glass behind, but not sure...
A Fromhell's image? Do you mean an image of OA3 version of Sorceress character (which is a WIP), which she usually uses as avatar, or what?

What do you mean about the "easter egg" ?? I don't remember any easter egg in this map.
Maybe he was referring to the optional idea of placing a "secret" behind the OA logo?

However, a OA billboard may be inserted but i don't know what type of image i can use (i mean a free one). Maybe i'll do it from myself.
Those displays you used in OACMPDM2, maybe?

You mean as pelya suggested in his post ? I'm not sure if it is possible, but i'll do something...
Do you mean you fear glass-like (semi-transparent) shaders may not work correctly on curved surfaces or what?
IIRC, glass shaders are not often used in OA maps, but at least OA_BASES3PLUS3 used them. Maybe you may try applying that shader to those surfaces...

Thank you again, and to Gig for the translation Tongue
You're welcome.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 11:13:21 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2015, 02:34:40 PM »

Hi everyone Smiley

Here i am with the last version of OA_Suicizer. After some brush work and some custom textures taken and modified from OA original.

Here are some screenshots:

Here is the Download link:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/cgopmfhlsh3tmphpciby

I hope you (all) enjoy this map.

Changes from previous version:

1) Changed curved brushes with glass texture (original from OA)
2) Added some custom textures (taken from OA)
3) Created a new launchpad texture with sfx
4) Added a spawnpoint for the yellow armor that was missing in previous version
5) Added a big OA logo with link in Quake Live system Tongue
6) Added a Sorceress photo.... (waiting for Fromhell's tiny bikini's photo  giggity Grin )

As you can see from this Editor's screen, it's not about one or two brushes, but a lot of triangles to make this stuff.....

Wink
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 02:54:12 PM by Akom74 » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »

That is one finely crafted heap of dirt Cheesy and a nice glass roof.
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2015, 03:21:06 PM »

Thanks Pelya, i hope you and the others OA player in this board enjoy this version of the map.

Now i'm waiting for Suicizer's feedback. However, i think it's done this time Smiley

Wink

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2015, 05:44:08 PM »

6) Added a Sorceress photo.... (waiting for Fromhell's tiny bikini's photo  giggity Grin )
welp

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2015, 11:41:50 PM »

Thanks Pelya, i hope you and the others OA player in this board enjoy this version of the map.

Now i'm waiting for Suicizer's feedback. However, i think it's done this time Smiley

Wink

That looks a-w-e-s-o-m-e!

Now the only thing which still needs to be done is some serious playtesting.

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2015, 01:10:05 AM »

@Fromhell: I was joking about a real photo, by the way i'll use this version:

@Suicizer: Thank you, maybe i can insert another billboard about you, if you have any suggestions or a sign to use. For example:

(it's NOT GPL image, if you have one, tell me)

Other feedbacks ? It's all ok ?

I think Pelya have downloaded already, and Gig will come here soon Smiley

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #169 on: September 21, 2015, 01:48:18 AM »

Busy at the moment, I will try when possible.  Smiley

[UPDATE]
Quick run... very cool!!! Cool Cool Cool
I like it!

Only, the OA curved logo looks like too much "stretched"... is an higher resolution source available?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 02:22:11 AM by Gig » Logged

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #170 on: September 21, 2015, 07:02:00 AM »

[UPDATE]
I like it!

Only, the OA curved logo looks like too much "stretched"... is an higher resolution source available?

About that OA logo in the curved wall; I rather mean on top of some wall which can't be accessed. I'll post a screenshot soon.

Perhaps lvlw orld could review this map?

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #171 on: September 21, 2015, 07:08:51 AM »

[UPDATE]
I like it!

About that OA logo in the curved wall; I rather mean on top of some wall which can't be accessed. I'll post a screenshot soon.

Perhaps lvlw orld could review this map?

Ok, i'm waiting for your screenshot Tongue

For lvlworld i don't know, maybe it's possible.... i will see.. Smiley

@Gig: i've changed the curved wall and inserted the new Sorceress "photo"  Smiley Smiley

Wink

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2015, 12:52:49 AM »

For lvlworld i don't know, maybe it's possible.... i will see.. Smiley

lvl world has got a filter for openarena-compatible maps... but I don't know if they do accept maps which do work in OpenArena but have missing textures in Q3A (btw, I haven't tested this map in Q3A).

Of course, alternatively, it should possible to upload the map to Map Raider.

In any case, we have to get a "final" package first.

And then, we would have a question... if the map will be "officially" released as a standalone map, will it also be included in OACMP Vol2* as it is now? Or maybe we may think about a "remix" version of the map for OACMP?

* When it will be done... Still waiting for infos from Neon Kight -who is not very active on the forums lately, I can guess real life business, and I don't want to stress him too much- for fixing Volume 1 and then making Volume 2.

PS: About GPLv2+ compatible fonts, I don't know (Maybe Sago or Fromhell may give some hint?)... OpenArena pk3 files do not seem to contain any .ttf or .fon files (I can guess id tech 3 uses something different). In http://openarena.ws/svn/ I see a "fonts" folder, but it seems to be empty.
I found a fonts site which has a category for "public domain" fonts (https://fontlibrary.org/en/search?license=Public%20Domain%20%28not%20a%20license%29) and one for "GPL" fonts (https://fontlibrary.org/en/search?license=GNU%20General%20Public%20License, but it does not specity which version of gpl... I can guess one has to download each one and check its license file, we need GPLv2(+) compatibility).

PPS: I don't know whether the fonts Fromhell used for OpenArena "logo" in current main site (the banner you used for this map) are GPLv2 compatible. Also, in theory she should release the source of that image, to fully comply with GPLv2, to be shipped with the map...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:19:38 AM by Gig » Logged

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2015, 02:23:56 AM »

Orbitron is fine. Papyrus is not

Fonts/ is used by the missionpack UI/HUD system and OA3.  There would be TGA and DAT files in there.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:47:09 AM by fromhell » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #174 on: September 22, 2015, 03:16:33 AM »

Dowloading it, its licensing file mentions "SIL Open Font License 1.1".
So, if you mean that SIL OFL is compatible with OA, there are many more fonts which should be okay, e.g. https://fontlibrary.org/en/search?license=OFL%20%28SIL%20Open%20Font%20License%29

Are there particular needs to bear in mind when using SIL OFL fonts with a GPLv2+ work?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: