Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenArena Community Mappack Volume 1 v3 Re-Release  (Read 319858 times)
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »

oacmpdm7: I would like at least some items in the center, it's too empty in v4-beta.
oacmpctf3: you can keep v3 version, it's okay, but I would prefer if you recompile it with Akom's sky shaders, because some parts of the map are pitch-dark.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »

Isn't there the Quad Damage in dm7? Or I just forgot to keep it in place?

Oh, about oacmpdm3 I thought to have that problem solved. Do the newer versions look and act the same as v3?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2014, 09:57:47 AM »

Well, there's only one quad, which does not respawn often, it's not a big issue anyway, so just do as you like.
I was talking about oacmpctf3 - oacmpdm3 is fine as it is.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2014, 11:21:50 AM »

Oh, that.
Yeah, dumb me who hasn't added those shaders in my shaderlist. -.-
I'll see what can I do.

This will take some extra days, so today there won't be a release. 2/2 will be the final release date.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2014, 11:42:17 AM »

oacmpdm5:
- Changes regarding v3 version: fixings to the BSP hole area. Sparklies won't be fixed.
What about those "startsolid" items? I don't know if they have already been fixed...

oacmpdm7:
- I'll try to raise the lighting. Again, I won't guarantee anything. And still waiting if the people wants me to bring back the old placement or keep the new one.
About item placement, I don't know what's better...

oacmpctf1:
- Sparklies won't be fixed. The MG ammo will be added. Overlapping brushes will be fixed, though.
... and the fact it searches for the wrong music file?

oacmpctf2:
- The v3 version will be kept, with the extra of the botfix and quadfix.
Not sure, maybe the "quad"s were already fixed in v3? However the botfix is surely an important fix.

oacmpctf3:
- Huh
What do you mean? IIRC, the changes after V3 were just a change in the way the player dies when falling down (however also the original way to die was acceptable, unless the server did disable self damage, showing the corpse on the bottom). And IIRC, Akom mentioned he noticed some red and blue lights which emit white light, or something similar (but I don't know if that issue affects V3, V4 beta, or both)...

In general:
- "Yellow dots" won't be fixed.
Are you referring to sparkles like those in DM5? If you are talking about those mysterious yellow dots in the upper left corner of levelshots, it seems to me that in "V4 beta" they (or at least, most of them) were fixed. I can guess updating levelshots should not be a very time-consuming operation.... maybe it's me I don't get which "yellow dots" you are talking about?

- "Copying" without TXT won't be fixed.
Uh? Why?  Undecided
- Readmes will be done for dm8 and ctf2.
- OACMP readme fixes.
- Mappools removed. Gig's mappools will be placed instead.
Good.  Smiley Thank you!

A small note about me: on 01/02 and 02/02 I think I will not be able to test anything, due to Real Life. Sorry.
In any case, I really suggest a V4 beta2 before the real V4. Really.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:48:23 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2014, 11:43:55 AM »

Isn't there the Quad Damage in dm7? Or I just forgot to keep it in place?
Maybe Pelya means on the floor around the hatch. Before, there were too many items. In your test version, there are zero, IIRC... what about something in the middle?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2014, 11:58:18 AM »

In any case, I really suggest a V4 beta2 before the real V4. Really.
No more delays. Sorry. We should have moved on to OACMP2 and other things on January 15th. We're still dealing with this Vol1. I hate this. So no. This time, only bugfixes. February 7th will mark a year after the first beta was released! This is insane.

So no. For a third and last time. NO MORE BETAS.

And before anyone else says this, yes, it's (partially) my fault. But well...

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2014, 12:03:26 PM »

oacmpdm5:
- Changes regarding v3 version: fixings to the BSP hole area. Sparklies won't be fixed.
What about those "startsolid" items? I don't know if they have already been fixed...
I suppose they were already solved.

oacmpdm7:
- I'll try to raise the lighting. Again, I won't guarantee anything. And still waiting if the people wants me to bring back the old placement or keep the new one.
I'm very tempted to keep my placement. But if enough people says so, I may revert it.

oacmpctf1:
- Sparklies won't be fixed. The MG ammo will be added. Overlapping brushes will be fixed, though.
... and the fact it searches for the wrong music file?
OK, that will be fixed as well. -.-

oacmpctf2:
- The v3 version will be kept, with the extra of the botfix and quadfix.
Not sure, maybe the "quad"s were already fixed in v3? However the botfix is surely an important fix.
I thought they were fixed.

oacmpctf3:
- Huh
What do you mean? IIRC, the changes after V3 were just a change in the way the player dies when falling down (however also the original way to die was acceptable, unless the server did disable self damage, showing the corpse on the bottom). And IIRC, Akom mentioned he noticed some red and blue lights which emit white light, or something similar (but I don't know if that issue affects V3, V4 beta, or both)...
Oh, that. The ? ? ? was because I didn't knew which things needed to be fixed. The lighting in that area might need to be lowered.

In general:
Are you referring to sparkles like those in DM5? If you are talking about those mysterious yellow dots in the upper left corner of levelshots, it seems to me that in "V4 beta" they (or at least, most of them) were fixed. I can guess updating levelshots should not be a very time-consuming operation.... maybe it's me I don't get which "yellow dots" you are talking about?
The levelshot dots. It's not really a big deal.

Uh? Why?  Undecided
I find it unnecessary. It's still a text file.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »

If you don't want another beta, then be sure you will check all the maps, after having compiled (and packaged) them.
Especially those particularily undefined such as DM7 and DM9.

However...
oacmpdm5:
I suppose they were already solved.
Uhm... I just checked with V4beta+fixpack and the game reports them.

oacmpdm7:
I'm very tempted to keep my placement. But if enough people says so, I may revert it.
Maybe you may keep your placement, just adding a few items around the hatch?

oacmpctf3:
- Huh
Oh, that. The ? ? ? was because I didn't knew which things needed to be fixed. The lighting in that area might need to be lowered.
Uhm... we have no idea about how Akom's maps lighting looks like now that you compiled them with the right shaderlist. In V3 they were quite dark... now we don't know.

In general:
The levelshot dots. It's not really a big deal.
I don't know what caused it in the previous release. However, in V4 beta, none of them had that problem....

Uh? Why?  Undecided
I find it unnecessary. It's still a text file.
Decide yourself. Adding .txt extension allows windows users to open text files also if they are PC noobs (opening files without exension is a sort of problem on Windows), and I don't know about bad side effects of this. However, I suppose PC noobs may be not so interested into the full license text.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:23:00 PM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2014, 01:00:12 PM »

I can raise the lighting from 60 to 100 or 125. Though in some maps this will break the ambience, but since in OA visibility is important, that should be sacrificed, I suppose...

Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »

I can raise the lighting from 60 to 100 or 125. Though in some maps this will break the ambience, but since in OA visibility is important, that should be sacrificed, I suppose...

Remember also that in multiplayer game i want to see my opponent and not come a rocket from the dark  Cheesy Cheesy

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »

About oacmp mod, did I say that in previous versions its description.txt (despite not mentioning Volume 1) was too long and thus the name was cut in the mods menu?

And that it should be mentioned somewhere that mod is designed for 0.8.8?

I remember these things from V1 v1.

Gig from cell phone.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 10:53:24 AM by Gig » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2014, 05:07:13 AM »

I forgot to say that for dm6, if it has got only minor glitches and Neon Knight never compiled it before, maybe it would be safer to just keep the original version? Just a thought...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:17:56 AM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »

I hate delays, especially when we should have moved on to other things more than two weeks ago, but... *sigh* it's necessary. 2/2 I'll be releasing a beta 2 of v4. 7/2 the final release.

I'm rolling back all the weapon/item changes to v3, except the bugfixes. Items in "startsolid" will be deleted if they won't spawn in-game.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »

Hi guys.

I was playing with oacmp1 version3 on the Android edition, and I noticed a strange thing in OACMPDM4: when entering a teleporter, I exit next to the other teleporter, but FACING IT, instead of facing the back of the ship. This is strange. Now I can't check if that happens on PC, too... If in the meanwhile you may take a look...

Another thing (smaller), in OACMPDM5: the rocket launcher on top of the middle platform maybe may be moved a few units, to be better centered on the platform. Unlike the one above, I don't think this one is Android-related only.

Gig from cell phone.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:46:09 AM by Gig » Logged

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2014, 12:33:57 PM »

It's Android thing, with incorrect teleporter camera angle, it will be fixed in the next release.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2014, 09:49:10 PM »

Oh, yeah, I owed an update.
I'm still trying to solve oacmpdm5's BSP hole problem. I'm remaking the problematic area and cleaning it up, though it's a pretty irregular area. Hopefully there won't be glitches.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2014, 10:00:25 PM »

I'm still waiting the word if people wants me to bring back the old placement or keep the new one on oacmpdm7.

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2014, 10:08:51 PM »

Keep rhe new one, but please add al least some items to the center, few +5 health would be fine.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #144 on: February 04, 2014, 02:07:55 AM »

If Moixie does not tell his own opinion, I can agree with Pelya.

Attached, a texture misaligment I just noticed in DM7 (I think it's version4beta-fixpack version).

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #145 on: February 04, 2014, 02:24:29 PM »

Very good news!
The BSP hole in oacmpdm5 has been solved!
Once I take care of a lightmap glitch, I'll call it a day and upload beta 2.

pelya

Cakes 6

« Reply #146 on: February 04, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »

Yay! It will be named OACMPv1ver4beta2, v1.4.2 for short.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #147 on: February 04, 2014, 04:16:36 PM »

Hmmm... no. That's 1.3.7, 1.4 will be the final version. After that one, no newer versions will be released at all.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #148 on: February 04, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »

Here are oacmpdm1 and oacmpdm5 fixed. I'll attach the rest as I fix them.

Two known glitches, though. I consider them minor, anyway. At least, compared to the BSP holedm5 was suffering.
- dm1: the beams.
- dm5: that shadow. -.-

BTW, how's the new lighting on dm1? I've raised it, though the ambience was screwed. -.-
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 07:51:14 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #149 on: February 05, 2014, 02:20:30 AM »

DM1: Now it is lighter (was it too dark before?), and light colors seem to have something different (maybe now is even too bright for a crypt?)... There is the problem with the new light beams (were they necessary?). The "clipped" cross seems to work correctly. Why did you modify the "Akom74" tomb? Weren't us in bugfixing-only phase?

DM5: That "hole" bug seems to have gone.  Smiley But various bevels continue to do not get "marks on walls" (see second screenshot), and I don't know why. Also, the rocket launcher is still uncentered (third screenshot, although this one is not really important).
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:43:20 AM by Gig » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: