Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatic Next Map Votinf  (Read 4899 times)
SharpestTool
Lesser Nub

Cakes -27

« on: May 25, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »

Been away for quite a while and I'm back into working with C. Playing some CS:S got me thinking.

Would it be worth it to develop automatic next map voting as a server option? User Story below..

1. Towards the end of a map (frag wise, cap wise, time wise, etc), a menu pops up.
2. In the menu are a small number (say less than 5) of map/gametype combinations.
3. Each player can vote the option he or she wants.
4. The vote ends either:
    -when all players have voted
    -after a specified vote time.
    -if the map ends.
5. The option receiving the most number of votes wins.

I think it would be really cool because it combines the players' desires to have a voice on their favorite servers while not letting the inmates run the asylum.
asmanel
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 06:39:23 PM »

I believe what you suggest will imply menus that are similar to the AC/ACR voicecom menu. I don't know if the current OA client is compatible with a such feature.

About the number of possibilities for the next match, five is a low number. I suggest a maximum of ten instead.

About these possibilities themselves, I think specify only the map and the gametype isn't a good idea. It will be better if some game options, such as the time limit, the frag limit, or some binary game options, are also specified.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: