Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mine trigger settings  (Read 5622 times)
asmanel
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: November 13, 2014, 07:56:12 PM »

The mines are used to trap ennemies. When one of them enough near it explode. However, it actually don't  work the same way in team based game modes and in non team based game modes.

In non team based game modes, it can be triggered by anyone, including it's user, allowing mine jumpings.

In team based game modes, it only can be triggered by an ennemy, nobody of the user's team can trigger it.

I suggest add a variable saying who can trigger a mine.

About the values I suggest this :
1 : user (non team based game modes)
2 : user's ennemies (non team based game modes)
4 : user (team based game modes)
8 : user's team mates (team based game modes)
16 : user's ennemies (team based game modes)

The default value will be 19, because it will work with this value like it works now (1+2+16=19).

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »

Would a bitflag for making them all laser tripwire triggered work as part of this?    It could make them more fair in a way of not having to shoot them and being more aware of them.

I know mines are a huge black sheep of the arsenal. Maybe there also could be a bitflag to not do the player attaching and just exploding immediately with reduced damage

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 02:58:14 AM »

Asmanel, altering Q3 weapons behavior may cause some confusion in gamers (and mines DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Weapons#Prox_mine_launcher]already aren't the most intuitive weapon out there)... however, until the classic behavior continues to be the default one, I can guess some additional options may be okay.  Smiley

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: