Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New rocketlauncher  (Read 21305 times)
Dimek
Nub

Cakes 0

« on: February 22, 2017, 07:36:00 AM »

I want to show my rocketlauncher model.The model have 2 lods. Main model have 420 pol ,lod_1 217 pol, lod_2 129 pol.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 12:43:27 AM »

Nice, but for some reason, it gives me the impression of being made of plastic. Who knows why...  Undecided

Do you have any in-game screenshot of it?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Dimek
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 09:42:04 AM »

Nice, but for some reason, it gives me the impression of being made of plastic. Who knows why...  Undecided

May be ,it is  depends of texture and materials setting.
Sorry but I cannot convert 3d model to game, something wrong in 3d max exporter settings, then I do it. May be you can do it?  Smiley
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 02:30:04 PM »

I'm sorry, I don't know about modelling. Maybe Fromhell may help you...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 10:52:06 PM »

The model does look a bit too simplistic as well as being technically complex.  That's an excessively round cylinder and it might exceed 1000 verts

I'd suggest checking out the concepts in this thread
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=5112.0

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 05:09:51 AM »

Probably because the barrel has a very different design (thus shape) than the rest of the model (and vice versa).
Perhaps if the blue is more round shaped, it would be less of a contrast than current version.

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Dimek
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 07:41:10 AM »

The model does look a bit too simplistic as well as being technically complex.  That's an excessively round cylinder and it might exceed 1000 verts

I'd suggest checking out the concepts in this thread
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=5112.0

If you think that my model more ugly than the current in game, I can say only Good luck! sick
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:50:36 AM by Dimek » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 07:55:54 AM »

If you think that my model more ugly than the current in game, I can say only Good luck! sick
OA 0.8.x weapon models do not count, as they all will be replaced for OA3.

Dimek
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »

OA 0.8.x weapon models do not count, as they all will be replaced for OA3.

OA 0.8.x weapon models too much lowpolygon even  more than in Q3A.

My lightgun model without texture.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:01:18 AM by Dimek » Logged
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 02:29:35 PM »

Nice, although maybe with all those curves it may have too many polygons?

PS: IIRC, Fromhell already created the lightning gun for oa3... I don't remember which are the weapon models still missing...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:39:52 PM by Gig » Logged

Dimek
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 09:20:07 AM »

Nice, although maybe with all those curves it may have to many polygons?

Yes,lightgun have many polygons.

In rocketlauncher model trunk about 250 vertices. Low-poly model (327 poly).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: