Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Demos Need help in getting better in OA/q3a  (Read 29219 times)
CFQ
---

Cakes 0

---

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 05:58:59 PM »

----

« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:16:57 PM by CFQ » Logged

I blanked my posts because I don't like this forum anymore! BAWWWWW
lml{-_-}lml
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »

ffs  you remember what my question was about without babbling about technical stuff???

Thanks for NOT helping me @ all
CG_fov 200000?Huh?
 I draw the line here.
Start your own topic and discus  further what you want, now leave me alone
*starting to get on me nerves*

________________________________________________________________________________________

Just put a Questionmark after every phrase and your never wrong?

_-*HoaX*-_
\m/{-_-}\m/
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 06:31:36 PM »

Hey, easy there.  We're all people sitting in front of a computer.

Take a minute to breathe.  Read slowly.  CFQ got it nicely at #11 -- just sit and spectate, record demos, even if it's just bots offline -- there are plenty of good players out there; doesn't even have to be OA.

Search functions are your friends.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:41:35 PM by damocles » Logged
lml{-_-}lml
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 06:30:13 AM »

Never mind, you still dont get it.

If search functions are our friends why,  do I ask here?

I got an answer from missbehaving that is exactly to the point.

Is it so hard to give a straight answer? for some,..yes it is but, I dont blame them its in there programming nature L:DL

*Leaves this topic and doesnt come back!*

p.s. I am very relaxed

Greatz

_-*HoaX*-_
\m/{-_-}\m/
damocles
Bigger member

Cakes 0

May cause drowsiness

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »

lml{-_-}lml, it was in reference specifically to this part of your post:

I saw some demos online and I was wondering how to change  some settings like crosshaircolors/-health (and more I forgot about).

I hear people talk about shader.pk3 etc

So my question(s) to the better players is/are:
Would you make a demo of you playing so can see what i like to have also???
I simply cant remember what its all called like.

The sections about crosshairs and health, which subsequently led to the second discussion by CFQ, others, and myself, was presumably part of the technical discussion you seemed to be most unhappy about, thus it was excluded from my response.

In addition, it is not to say that asking questions isn't recommended.  In response to this:

I also can make a demo of me playing ofcourse. but then what? where do i put it for you to see?
I got seismovision but i read somewhere that its Not compatible with OA (realy? is there no update orsomething from seismovision)

Im not good i searching stuff on the web therefore I ask alot of  questions

This was merely intended to suggest that one is often able to find good search results, though asking in places of this sort is always a plus (i.e. responses here-now, with any other clarifications you may need).  Sometimes it's good to ask questions, but it's sometimes difficult to filter through the noise, hence taking the time to read.

I apologize if this is still away from the point of your parent post; it was not my intention to lead you astray, nor to offend.  (As we see in sago007's forum signature, misinterpretation is surprisingly easy to do -- no longer do we have someone's voice, face, and disposition, but instead only text.)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 04:22:46 PM by damocles » Logged
lml{-_-}lml
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 05:12:33 AM »

(As we see in sago007's forum signature, misinterpretation is surprisingly easy to do -- no longer do we have someone's voice, face, and disposition, but instead only text.)

I agree to that

So the next text is in general no offence ment to any in personal (so feel free not to do something with it)

Thats why i stopped chatting along time ago and did not register for forums.
Im some1 who just wants a clear straight forward answer to my questions.
Im not a developer so I dont understand much about Codes.9me nub)

And my experience on servers is that Almost everybody who change theyre config in a non-standard way has knowledge of coding or is a serveradmin.

I want to have acces to those changes to, but when i ask about it i get answers like i do here or dont get an answer @ all or i get made fun of.
And thats frustrating.

But i guess thats just the way it goes.

Many sites have downloads but i dont know how to handle those, where to put them and/or how i activate then in console.

Yes i feel its an unfair advantage to players like myselfe who dont go around in that world of coding/developing/programming.

Almost feels like developers make these games for theyre own amusement.
And they all have oppinions about how the game should be and what features should be tweakable but they forget they have more knowledge of how to tweak then the regular player wich makes the tweaks unfair to begin with.

For example:(to go short)
gamer: Hey what a great game
Tweaker/developer:Nice game But, I cant change my crosshaircolor,....Ill go and make a mod so i can do just that.

And im sure im not the only one in this but, for some reason those people  dont join forums nor stay on forum or dont participate because they are desillusioned?

Anyhoe,

Greatz

_-*HoaX*-_
\m/{-_-}\m/
RAZ3R
Bigger member

Cakes 0

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 02:40:06 PM »

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1690.0

Config and info for you there. Also here:

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1651.0

fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 05:27:21 PM »

The commands for ch are posted here Cheesy And it is only supported on some mods. Unfortunately there arent many servers and I got fed up with finding bots so stay away from alot of them. Then a lack of players online at the same time doesn't help

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=1683.msg15459#msg15459

After setting they two commands your ch will be green if you connect here 62.75.163.69:30002
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 05:30:53 PM by missbehaving » Logged
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 05:41:52 PM »

Sorry didnt realise you maybe playing on the new version, if so try here 213.114.10.24:27960

If the server doesnt support color ch then you can try here http://www.bullseyecrosshairs.com/
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2008, 02:27:27 AM »

Sum of ya guys and girls...should play more the game instead of reading trivial cvar stuff from the last century. Though here u hav a thread with decent links for improving your online play -> http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1583161 Ah and watch demos of ESR if u want. It's the better source Wink
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:29:10 AM by Fitacus » Logged

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: