Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTIONS: OA STATS and OA_CTF4ISH Change  (Read 55556 times)
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

[uM] Clan Delegate OA Player

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 06:01:25 AM »

ok good, thank you, i forgot if you wanted to put the RL lower or higher, so i wrote pulchr a private message Smiley he hasn't answered yet, but this doensnt matter now Smiley

ultraMAIM Clan .-. http://ultraMAIM.de .-. IRC: irc.quakenet.org #ultraMAIM

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 06:27:25 AM »

hi, i answered several days ago. it is strange that you didn't get the message.

edit: btw, it was 16 units upwards that solved the problem.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:30:00 AM by pulchr » Logged
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 09:22:37 AM »

ok ! i did so, but when i tested the map the megahealth didnt spawn, although i didnt touched it Smiley

i'll try to fix this problem before starting the server again :p

so i recommend to download that rocketlauncherheight-fixed oa_ctf4ishuM1 clone and to replace it with the first one ...

see you soon !!

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 11:00:07 AM »

If Mega should be on the floor, check that the Suspended flag isn't on. Also, you should put it a little bit more separated from the floor itself.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 09:29:01 AM »

hmm the problem was also the gametype! if i start the map with FFA mode the mega health does not spawn, otherwise i do with CTF mode, the Megahealth spawns..

another issue: how do i set the gametype used for a map, so that the map is also available in the ingame OA map pool, so that it can be selected via menu -> MULTIPLAYER -> CREATE -> etc.

thank, you

and merry xmas folks

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2008, 10:17:05 AM »

You should create an oa_ctf4ish.arena (or the name you like, but the recomendation is to have map name in order to not to screw up with other maps) under scripts folder with the following information:
Code:
{
map             "oa_ctf4ish"                // Map file without .bsp or .map
longname     "Lava Arena"                // Map title
bots     "beret assassin skelebot"   // Bots inside of it
fraglimit     40                          // Optional: fraglimit
capturelimit        8                           // Optional: capturelimit
timelimit     10                          // Optional: timelimit
type     "ctf oneflag harvester overload ctfelim dd"   // Gametypes it supports*
}

* In fact, you can play your map in every gametype you want, but these gametypes are the ones in which your map will appear in Skirmish mode.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 10:19:27 AM by Armageddon_Man » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2008, 10:44:05 AM »

ah, thank you, wonderfull !!!

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2008, 03:27:20 PM »

There is also this problem with bots support which doesn't workbecause of no aas file, but I don't know how you can fix it Wink (using correct build option ?)

Todo: Walk the cat.
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2009, 03:22:18 AM »

ok guys, my work in the forge is finished and you may have a try on the new oa_ctf4ish variants @ [ULTRAMAIM.DE]VOIDLAIR Server - 78.47.72.12:27971

there are 3 versions:

- every version includes only ONE railgun that's put there instead of the bfg, so the two teams have to struggle for it (for that mighty weapon)
- on the other side of that bfg-platform track is a holdable personal teleporter (thank you cacatoes for that great suggestion - it's real fun using it Smiley), which sometimes could save you from touching the void! (i always respawn in the air near megahealth and fall onto that lowest jumpad - i see that there aren't random spawn flags that could spoil the teleporter by spawning in the enemy's base for example)
- the height of the central rocketlauncher is changed (by 15 grid units) so you can reach it everytime you use one of the two jumppads. (thanks to pulchr)
- the railguns on the classic railgunplatforms are replaced by different weapons depending on mapversion:

oa_ctf4ishuM1: plasmagun (including a plasma cells pack and some machinegun bullets)

oa_ctf4ishuM2: chaingun (didn't added ammo for that gun, better try to get a new one when chaingun is empty - so you can spam less with that powerful machine)

oa_ctf4ishuM3: nailgun (thanks to Neon_Knight the nailfan)

the mapcycle on that server is:

oa_ctf4ishuM1
oa_ctf4ishuM2
oa_ctf4ishuM3

i've added the source .map file to the .pk3 and
included the .aas file -> botsupport does work!

have phun!

cya!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 04:35:35 AM by [uM]Cyberdemon » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2009, 06:02:04 AM »

(thanks to Neon_Knight the nailfan)
Cheesy

PS: Could you build botpath files (a.k.a. AAS files) for your maps or you have changed some common texture?
EDIT: Forget about the former, I didn't saw the bottom lines. -.-
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 12:41:40 PM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Noob Sauce
Lesser Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2009, 12:38:15 PM »

What about the Nailgun instead of BFG? Tongue
(Yeah, I'm a NailFan -?-)

That or bring the Chain... gun.
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 03:44:48 PM »

you find the chaingun in oa_ctf4ishuM2 on each railbase

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2009, 06:02:54 PM »

Yop,

I'll test these when I can, but these days I rather play standard ctf4ish, it's still nice even with the 2 railguns (depends against who you play ...).
Having that RL higher will save me some troubles, thanks Wink

I quickly tried them, I can't judge. I think plasma is a good idea, I'm not sure if minigun ammo is a good idea ; i'm no fan of chaingun/nailgun.

Personnal teleporter can be a good idea, the way we land with it is funny Wink

This map is funny, because we can play without exploiting it fully ; such as never taking some of the bumpers, never getting on moving platform ... so maybe a few items could change that a bit Wink

Todo: Walk the cat.
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009, 05:48:28 AM »

i didnt put chaingun/nailgun ammo to this map. 10 shots are enough for the nail and ammo for the chaingun would make it too powerful.

if you are out of ammo the map provides enough possibilities to get everywhere you want very quick. Smiley so just rejump to the chain/rail/nailgun when you are out of ammo .. or kill somebody who's hunting you with one Tongue

i put the railgun and the teleporter to that moving platform because the platform itself had no use to be in this map once before. except you wanted to reach bfg power!

but i'll try a 4th version with 2 rails and the teleporter instead of bfg Smiley coming soon.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 05:51:41 AM by [uM]Cyberdemon » Logged

RudyRailer
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »

Hey Cyber,

Why not make the railplatform the way pulchr suggested in the OTHER topic about ctf4ish??

He said; just change so that the platform is constructed by parallell bars - that way you can knock campers down by shooting rocket from below.

So that would look a little like this:

Railgun
o o o o o o o o
Also the flagplatform is to big imo, it would be better if its more like q3ctf4 map
Almost cut it in half so its easier to kill campers with rockets (splash)

If this suggestion gets done il be happy to get this version on the new ctf-server (coming soon)Cheesy

I mean, changing weapens is fun and all but the map needs a railgun or more machinegun ammo:P
I thought it was basicly to avoid camping as much as possible.
Yes i love the ctf4 map (i learned to aim with rail on there)
Ok this is the last thing i say about ctf4ish Wink
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:17:33 PM by RudyRailer » Logged
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2009, 05:17:36 PM »

i'm not actually sure my idea with the parallell bars works - i've tried something similar in a map i'm working on at the moment and it does not give the result i wanted.

i'm sceptical to decreasing the size of the base platform Sad
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 03:16:30 AM »

there's a uM4 version available on the server.
just fixed rl height and replaced bfg by personal teleporter.

changing the platform won't stop people to camp Smiley -> there are still enough other platforms you can use to camp

in general:

i have not removed the railgun completely: it's still in the maps, a bit harder to reach and only one, but for those who can't live without it: jump to the rail and move back to the platform where you're normally used to get the rail. so you should feel welcome.

basically, i wanted to remove the bfg. the main spoiler. i admit that the railgun is necessary for this map and you cannot stop people camping as long as you reach out to the other base with the railgun. but to change that would change the map enormously.

jessicaRA
Lesser Nub

Cakes 16

Wild pony spotted derping around oasago2.

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 11:59:28 PM »

i had a random idea so here it is.  since its accuracy drops at long range maybe some machine gun ammo would be useful?  it often saves a flag if we chase them with machine gun on that map but ammo runs out fast.  machine gun is pretty much the anti camper weapon on ctf4ish so it may help.
menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 03:33:31 AM »

Do you remember the final map in Q3A? the one with a BFG platform and a switch to squish anyone who was standing there? Maybe something like that would help. Maybe even a switch in the platform: you land, you take the rail, and you have 5 secs delay till you get squished.

And no, ppl won't camp on onther platforms, if the rail ammo is decreased to, let's say 3, they'll only get 3 shots and run out of RG ammo...
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 06:10:20 AM »

yeah i agree the machine is very useful in this map, but i think you have to kill the flagcarrier with what you have. you got too much ammo, you dont have to care about your accuarcy. just stand(, zoom) and fire ... so this is a team game and you should combine the other machineguns in your team, and pay attention to the flagcarrier together. then you need no ammo. 3-4 people firing at somebody can be a fast end for him.

that trigger/button stuff is also a good idea, but gtk radiant was quite new to me and i spend a lot of time sitting in front of my pc trying to get used to this stuff Smiley

so replacing weapons is much easier to me than setting triggers on OnFire then, ... i even cannot image how i do that with gtk radiant.

so these versions are the first step to improvement.

but a map, as original as oa_ctf4ish would be the best. solving that railgun/bfg issue with fair maprelated possibilities.
i appreciate that and gonna care about it as soon as I find real time for it.

i just wonder why the one who made the remake of the q3a map didn't manage to build it like the final q3a one. providing more fairness to the players.

the official oa_ctf4ish mapconstructor also would have more skills and would know possibilies to convert those aspects into a new version of that map, next OA release, next version maybe !! Smiley)) i do hope so, ... then  i dont have to do it Tongue

but in my opinion: i can live without a bfg in general, and even one railgun is totally satisfying me. i also do love railing. i dont have any problems getting to it when it's placed to the center. Smiley

« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 06:39:44 AM by [uM]Cyberdemon » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2009, 06:42:42 AM »

I was wondering in these days (seriously) if those players who make suggestions to delete weapons from all OA maps (specially BFG, Nail, Mine and Chain) wanted maps with (for example) only Rail & Rocket... making maps for ONE kind of players would be very boring for the rest... I guess...

My point is... why not to make maps for ALL kind of players?

[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »

i see your point, but i didn't want to delete those items, just replace them. the amount of weapons is the same. you need a certain variety of weapons in a map to provide a common gameplay.

a bfg is not fitting everywhere. not in areas where you can spam all over the place.

but this map already exists. making this map for all kind of players is done by making other versions of this map so the people can decide what is more fun to them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:14:05 AM by [uM]Cyberdemon » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »

Well, oa_ctf4ish is, ATM, the only OA map which has BFG in it.
And I've seen some "put nail out of OA" comment there, not by you, but by other people.

And I don't forget all that whining about mines @ oasago2 in 0.8.0, again, not by you, but for lots of people.

What I wanted to say with my post is that things which are fun for some people aren't for others, and not all OA players have internet access or know about these forums or forums at all.

But, nevermind, I also remember that I've suggested to replace BFG with NG, but I didn't thought that the map was the only map with BFG until I downloaded all the sources and searched for it.

[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2009, 05:03:40 PM »

ok i see

yes putting the bfg out of the game, or any other weapon won't be nice. but the skillfull mappervolunteers could maybe create more nice gameplay focused maps with a bfg inside and manage it not to spoil the level.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2009, 05:32:13 PM »

I'm building a map which didn't make into 0.8.1, am_lavaarena, which has BFG inside a lavapool (in the CTF XL version) but maybe fromhell have forgotten about it or something else.
Anyways, I'm doing DM version with this in mind, after I finish it I'll make two CTF versions of it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: