Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Too good shooting?  (Read 59825 times)
vindimy
Bigger member

Cakes 15

lolwut?

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »

i'll tell you how to get unbelievable performance in openarena. not all of it is because of talent or speed.

good hardware makes a big difference as well. i stated playing openarena on my 4-year-old laptop that had 17" monitor, pentium 4, and a generic mouse. after some time i got pretty good, but not near the top players.

then thanksgiving sale came, and i upgraded myself to a decent gaming rig with gaming-grade keyboard, mouse, and a 22" LCD. at that time i also researched heavily on the q3config.cfg customizations/tweaks to improve performance, accuracy, etc.

guess what? my "skills" went way up! especially at railing. in fact, now i don't think i can go back to playing on lesser-quality hardware anymore - it just feels frustrating Tongue

good broadband connection helps a lot too (laggy connection is bad. really bad.)

point is, trying to play against those who have good gaming hardware while you're using old hardware and cheap broadband is like trying to race against formula 1 in your family minivan... Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 07:47:24 PM by vindimy » Logged

andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2009, 01:15:00 AM »

guess what? my "skills" went way up! especially at railing. in fact, now i don't think i can go back to playing on lesser-quality hardware anymore - it just feels frustrating Tongue
I also could play better when I used a higher FOV, forcemodels on, picmip 4, etc...

Yuck.  That's not the game I want to play anymore.
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 07:25:37 PM »

-snip new hardware and gaming rig

point is, trying to play against those who have good gaming hardware while you're using old hardware and cheap broadband is like trying to race against formula 1 in your family minivan... Cheesy

You don't need much hardware. A decent mouse and a clear gaming surface will take you a long way.
yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 12:24:40 PM »

I really noticed that OA has little of cheaters. Actually i never saw cheater here.
Have look at Urban Terror, there is no day without cheater on only one sever. Same q3 engine, but there are much more of aimboters and wallhackers...

... Am I in desert? ...
menganito
Lesser Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »

good hardware makes a big difference as well. i stated playing openarena on my 4-year-old laptop that had 17" monitor, pentium 4, and a generic mouse. after some time i got pretty good, but not near the top players.

I recently upgraded my screen (17" sucky CRT > 22" LCD), afrter about 10 hours of playing I got used to it and my rail improved a lot. Also, i have a sucky old PS/2 mouse, which keeps me down sometimes Smiley Overall, you're perfectly right, equipment and config does wonders.

I really noticed that OA has little of cheaters. Actually i never saw cheater here.
Have look at Urban Terror, there is no day without cheater on only one sever. Same q3 engine, but there are much more of aimboters and wallhackers...

Neither have I. Thank God for that.
HITMAN

Cakes 6

The doctor is in the house!

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 11:06:25 AM »

good hardware makes a big difference

I definately agree 100%
I purchased an Alienware machine Quadcore processor with an GeForce 8800GT video card. My FPS is permanently on 125. Rocketjumps are sooooo easy to do and fluid. I'm always on top of my game now Cheesy

h!+m@n * d/hit/p + kozak6 / CloudStrife - (Orochi + {C}easar) = a whole buncha screenames
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »

good broadband connection helps a lot too (laggy connection is bad. really bad.)
That's why I can't play outside of Ar in every game... every ISP here sucks so bad... ¬¬ I hope they waste less money on advertisements and more on their service, but that's an utopia here. U_U

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Mr.PotatoButt
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes -1

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 07:48:27 PM »

Sometimes when certain players hit me, it just takes a few hits for me to die.  And it happens over and over with certain players.  I'll have full health and get drained to nothing after just a few hits.  So, I don't buy that people aren't aimbottin' on OA. 

Since it ruins the game for everybody, why not have all-bot servers where people can go in and everybody use aimbots? 

If there's any deathmatch FPS out there anyone knows about that's impervious to bots, I'd like to know about it, but I'm guessing an aimbot can be made to work with just about any FPS. 
feLiZ_naVidAD
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 09:34:24 PM »

It was me rajoy, im sorry, didnt want to kill u that bad... it was just that u were an easy target, so easy target, i couldnt resist

Im sorry, ill be good from now on Sad

Whatever i say in this post is true unless fromhell said otherway. In that case I disagree with what I just wrote. I meant to write what fromhell said.
-------
I also would like to add that im not a chick. I use this model coz i like the thong of the sorceress when i die (witch rarely happens) Smiley
RudyRailer
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 09:05:28 AM »

Sometimes when certain players hit me, it just takes a few hits for me to die.  And it happens over and over with certain players.  I'll have full health and get drained to nothing after just a few hits.  So, I don't buy that people aren't aimbottin' on OA. 

Since it ruins the game for everybody, why not have all-bot servers where people can go in and everybody use aimbots? 

If there's any deathmatch FPS out there anyone knows about that's impervious to bots, I'd like to know about it, but I'm guessing an aimbot can be made to work with just about any FPS. 

Its called practice not aimbotting.
I bet u never spectate those players who frag u in 2seconds. make a demo  /startrecord to stop demo /stoprecord
Im curious about what drives u to call people cheaters and want to see some demos of those players (besides geting fragged)
Ive been called a cheater 2 because i do twitch-aiming (90-180degree turn and shoot) sometimes.
When executed right  it looks like aimbot but in fact its a twitch of the wrist too aim.
You can see the difference when u spectate someone long enough, because they dont always hit specially not in openarena.

Maybe someone here can put a link to a google video of an aimbot (quake) in action so u (everyone) knows what i looks like.
So your not put off  by thinking that people cheat.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 09:29:09 AM »

Rudy is right. I don't know if there's some sort of Target Practice mod for OA/Q3, in UT2004 it comes with one of the CBP, you got a drone, it launched different tastes of projectiles (Shock Rifle cores, Translocator modules, AVRIL & Redeemer missiles) and you have to use Shock Rifle, Electric Gun and Rocket Launcher to hit them. Trying to do Shock Combos while dodging and hitting Translocator modules with Electric Gun while dodging too helped me to improve my accuracy in that game. It can be great if some map or mod of that kind can be done for Q3/OA, I'm sure there's something, but I don't know where.

Also is the fact that your hand can't do all the work, you should have a nice PC and nice input too. Cheesy

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
JESUS SCOUSE
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 10:31:20 AM »

If I suspect someone of cheating I have always spectated them.
I have never found anyone to be using an aimbot. Never.
They really are that good.
(No one has ever accused me of cheating)
yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2009, 10:33:36 AM »

If I suspect someone of cheating I have always spectated them.
I have never found anyone to be using an aimbot. Never.
They really are that good.
(No one has ever accused me of cheating)

Here's one problem. Not about you, but people who play FPS. They don't know what aimbot is because they never saw it. Then they say somebody is cheater because he is good.

... Am I in desert? ...
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2009, 10:45:01 AM »

Oh, and BTW, PotatoButt, if you accuse someone, you must show proofs. Otherwise, your word doesn't count and is taken as simple n00b whining.

Mr.PotatoButt
Ok i've posted twice!

Cakes -1

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 08:47:20 PM »

They don't know what aimbot is because they never saw it. Then they say somebody is cheater because he is good..

Do you expect me to believe that a person connects and does max damage every single hit isn't cheating?  Do you think I'm fucking naive?   Do you reeeeeally expect me to fucking believe that? 

It's just a shame because OA could be such a cool game, and there was a time when it was such a very cool game, but with people shitting all over it, it's not.   

There are other FPSs.  Oh well. 
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2009, 09:43:03 PM »

They don't know what aimbot is because they never saw it. Then they say somebody is cheater because he is good..

Do you expect me to believe that a person connects and does max damage every single hit isn't cheating?  Do you think I'm fucking naive?   Do you reeeeeally expect me to fucking believe that? 

ye

I hate to say it.. but it true Sad
Snickersnack

Cakes 1

obnoxious OA fan

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2009, 11:14:19 PM »

It's just a shame because OA could be such a cool game, and there was a time when it was such a very cool game, but with people shitting all over it, it's not.   

There are other FPSs.  Oh well. 

OA/ Q3a don't have locational damage. Every hit is a full hit.

OA is a very dangerous game. With full health, half the weapons will kill you in one hit. Pickup a single armor shard to protect yourself.

The rocket launcher is probably the most popular weapon. Aim bots don't work with well with them, only hitscan weapons like the rail.

Calling a good player a cheater is a high honor. Do not give this away easily.

OA has no matchmaking. It's up to you to seek out opponents who are fun to play against. There are server browsers that can help you do this.

Cheating is certainly possible, but I haven't encountered it in a year of playing,
Gerbil

Cakes -2

not so strong

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2009, 02:16:22 AM »

As much as I would hate to say this as bluntly as I can; You good sir, are a dumbass.

as snickersnack said, no such thing as max damage. Rails do 100 damage, direct rocket does 100 damage, direct grenade does 100 damage, full shotgun does 110 damage. EACH plasma does 20 damage. Pay attention to your health, you will see that this holds true.

Quite frankly, there is such thing as people with good aim. Maybe compared to how terrible you are, they are gods. But someday, you must realize that maybe, just maybe, you suck. There are people with MUCH MUCH MUCH better aim than those who play oa, of this I can undoubtedly promise you.

Sorry for the harshness of the post, but one more moron complaining about typical oa players hacking was too much T_T

Cheating is certainly possible, but I haven't encountered it in a year of playing,
I havnt encountered ANY AT ALL WHATSOEVER of it in my just under 3 years Tongue Too many fargin noobs who cannot accept that they are terrible, so they assume everyone else is hacking.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 02:18:45 AM by Gerbil » Logged

Quote from: sploosh
there once was an animal called gerbil
he dreamed he was eating his turtle
he awoke with a frieght
in the middle of the night
to find out that he was a squirtle
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2009, 07:04:50 AM »

Agree 100% with Gerb.

yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2009, 07:43:25 AM »

You want to know what is aimbot, so here is one in Urban Terror. Sudden 180° and direct headshot...... And other aiming.... It is total noob, and aims like a... well, bot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vyE1d8f9_4

Its bad youtube quality, but you can see what's important.

... Am I in desert? ...
fufinha
stop making alt accounts and self-termination

Cakes 7

retired

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2009, 08:29:02 AM »

some here too.. mainly bots

http://q3eu.com/site/modules.php?name=Docs_q3&file=cheats
KILLIE THE GREAT
Lesser Nub

Cakes -6

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2009, 12:31:34 PM »

ya'll talkn bout U namedplayer?

KHOTANAS.... They waste precious RSA currency on top class clothing, then burn & tear is days later
RudyRailer
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »

No
yasha
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Did thunder hit my head?

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »

We talk about difference between cheaters and good players.

What gerbil said before, when you are bad player good players are like gods to you. I know I suck so when i die i just click one more time and try my best to kill somebody. At least in this game death means nothing. Usually in first round i suck hard, but in 10th i don't suck so much anymore. Then in 20th round i'm first in score.... And i use cheap mouse, keyboard and monitor.

... Am I in desert? ...
Gl!tch
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2009, 06:15:22 PM »

been playing on and off for a year or so i think (havent been counting), and in all that time i've never come accross a bot on OA. Not one.
Bots are easy to spot. If there's even a shred of doubt in your mind when spectating one of these players with seemingly godly aim then they are almost certainly not botting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: