Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: NetRadiant pack (should work with GtkRadiant 1.5 too)  (Read 81295 times)
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« on: January 14, 2009, 05:20:10 PM »

Ok, I can no longer get GtkRadiant to work on the newest version of Ubuntu (8.10), some libraries have been changed and GtkRadiant does not receive many updates anymore.

NetRadiant (http://www.icculus.org/netradiant/) only includes a Nexiuz pack by default, so one cannot just rename the Q3 one. I have created an OpenArena pack that includes all the OpenArena stuff. It has only been tested on NetRadiant but should work in GtkRadiant too.

Changes include:
Added info_player_dd, info_player_dd_red, info_player_dd_blue and domination_point (dmn_clown had already added some)
Flares in standard builds (dmn_clown's entity already had this)
png support (dmn_clown again)
Changed colors of player spawns, the team_CTF_redplayer is now actually red (instead of blue). Initial spawns, respawns, deathmatch, dd, dd_red, dd_blue can be easily identified by there color.
Added note on the "gametype" flag for all entities that support them and noted the names of the new gametypes.
Added note on meaning of the "message" flag on domination_point

Download: http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/OpenArenaPack.zip

Note: The shaderlist is out of date and no longer needed because the default list in OA now has all needed information. Delete the shader list!

New 2011-03-06: Windows package with netradiant+gamepack

Get it here: http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/netradiant-1.5.0-20110223-withoa.zip
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 02:04:16 AM by sago007 » Logged

There are nothing offending in my posts.
andrewj

Cakes 24

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »

Thanks Sago, this is great!

Two days ago I compiled NetRadiant and it actually works (GTKradiant didn't), and here's the needed OpenArena config.

Gotta learn how to use this beast now.... Cheesy
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 03:34:01 PM »

great work!
gtk does not work anymore (had to learn it the hard way).
but netradiant is well so i use it now.
maybe you should contribute the pack to the netradiant-team, so they can include it to theri svn (like they did it with nexuiz). it would be the easiest way for all mappers to start mapping for oa.
there should be no licence issues, because netradiant is gpl too.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:20:16 PM »

there should be no licence issues, because netradiant is gpl too.
The only problem could be that the license of the original Q3 pack is not clearly stated anywhere (I cannot find it).

My pack also needs a few adjustments to get the full potential of the improved q3map2 tool in NetRadiant. I am reading on it right now.

00Hugo00
Nub

Cakes 1

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 04:49:25 AM »

404 not found...

00Hugo00 : - p
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 05:33:00 AM »

Which link doesn't work ? They both do for me ...

* http://dev.alientrap.org/wiki/netradiant

* I just uploaded the OA kit for netradiant there : http://download.tuxfamily.org/openarena/other/netradiant/OpenArenaPack.zip

Todo: Walk the cat.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 02:11:53 AM »

Added a package with the nightly build of NetRadiant for windows from 2011-02-23 with the OA pack already installed.

There are other packages but this one includes my changes to the ent-files making them support all OA gametypes and items and better colors for spawn points.

Link (also in first post): http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/netradiant-1.5.0-20110223-withoa.zip

Instructions:
1. Download the file
2. Extract the zip file somewhere (your OA folder if you like)
3. Start radiant.exe
4. Select OpenArena as game
5. Point to the location of openarena.exe
6. Make a map
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:35:10 AM by sago007 » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 07:53:39 AM »

Great! Cheesy
Can I post a mirror?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 08:35:21 AM »

Great! Cheesy
Can I post a mirror?
Of course.

son_goku2
ADMIN NOTE: This account is now banned, keeps creating sockuppets (and has yet to take a hint). Also has blanked own posts under 0kelvin who is banned.
Nub

Cakes -4

I don't play OA.

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »

Doesn't work with GTKRadiant 1.6 (they have changed the XML formatting).

GTKradiant 1.6 comes with q3map2 that lacks floodlight?!

Cakes -666999
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 08:28:13 AM »

Here it is another NetRadiant 1.5 for Windows with OA gamepack:
http://ingar.satgnu.net/gtkradiant/files/netradiant-20120705-win32.zip
I'm not sure, but maybe it may work a little better than this one, due to including a default_shaderlist.txt file (however, I think that writing a more complete shaderlist.txt is still a good idea... I think that default_shaderlist.txt does not include all OA 0.8.8 shader files).

It is also possible to take its "oa.game" folder and copy it into GTKRadiant 1.5 installation folder (then doing the same thing for "oa.game" file, which is under the "games" folder), to have OA as an option also in GTKRadiant 1.5.

I also think that copying all .dll files from GTKRadiant 1.5 into Q3map2Build folder is required if you want to use Q3map2Build external tool to compile the map (.dll files from NetRadiant seem to be different than those required by Q3map2Build - Note, at least in my case, I saw messages requesting dll files only when launching map compiling from the batch file that Q3map2Build created... from the GUI itself, no error messages were shown, but the map compiling did not work).

UPDATE: I repackaged q3map2build tool, for more comfortable installation (package for Windows; BSPC included).
You can find it here: http://digilander.iol.it/flagraiders/files/tools/q3map2build1_0_25_withDLL_BSPC.zip
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:44:36 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 05:38:28 PM »

Updated the gamepack.
Contains the following changes:
- Merged entities-TA.* into entities.* as the game itself has all of the TA entities.
- entities.def and entities.ent cleaned up, except for the dummied entries (info_spectator_start and target_laser). I was hesitant to remove them.
- entities.ent and entities.def now have all the available entities except the dummied-out holdable_portal.
- Updated default_shaderlist.txt with the current 0.8.8 shader listing.
- New folder: OAX, with two additional entities, info_player_dom_red and info_player_dom_blue, available in OAX b51.
- New folder: OASVN, with shaderlist.txt updated to r951 of the OA SVN.
- Both baseoa and OASVN have a scripts folder with all of the game's scripts for 0.8.8 and r951.

BTW, what does need this pack in order to be fully GPL'd? The license file?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:06:03 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 04:31:09 PM »

The main problem is that the license was not clearly specified on the original package.

That is the reason:
 * OpenArena
 * Q3Rally
 * THC
 * Tremulous

Is not included in NetRadiant by default.

As stated on the page: "Also, a GPL compatible Q3A pack would be highly appreciated." (second to last line on http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/3/wiki/Netradiant)

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 05:06:37 PM »

So I suppose that we can't just stick the "COPYING" file to the gamepack, isn't it?

Also I've noticed that the misc_model entry is lacking the spawnflags, as seen here: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Q3Map2/Entity_keys#Q3Map2-specific_spawnflags. I'll fix that soon.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 10:18:05 PM »

Well, I don't know how much this contributes to the situation, but I've added a license file and also tweaked misc_model regarding the above in both the baseoa pack and the OAX pack.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 09:37:41 AM »

Well, I don't know how much this contributes to the situation, but I've added a license file and also tweaked misc_model regarding the above in both the baseoa pack and the OAX pack.
You should be careful if you don't know the license of entities.ent or entities.def. You may make the situation worse.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 10:15:27 AM »

In that case, I'm afraid I have to rewrite the entire .def/.ent files...

grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 12:45:52 PM »

re:GPL, I'm not sure how many ways there are to write a file in that format. Given that the entities' source/definition is available from the GPLv2 licensed Q3A code, I don't quite see how there'd be a copyright violation?
You can not include any of the original files due to their implicit copyright, but I doubt that e.g. a shaderlist.txt really crosses the threshold of originality.

(IANAL and the usual disclaimers apply)

This space is for rent.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 02:41:04 PM »

re:GPL, I'm not sure how many ways there are to write a file in that format. Given that the entities' source/definition is available from the GPLv2 licensed Q3A code, I don't quite see how there'd be a copyright violation?
You can not include any of the original files due to their implicit copyright, but I doubt that e.g. a shaderlist.txt really crosses the threshold of originality.
The entity names them self are not a problem but the entity files contains a lot of help texts that can be considered original work and are not in the source.

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 11:13:32 AM »

I'll be posting a barebones entities file in some hours.

Meanwhile, I've seen that there are two dummied out entities, info_spectator_start and target_laser. From what I could observe, they were Q2 leftovers. Are references to these dummied out entities in the game code or they have been cleaned up?

Suicizer

Cakes 2

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »

The main problem is that the license was not clearly specified on the original package.

That is the reason:
 * OpenArena
 * Q3Rally
 * THC
 * Tremulous

As stated on the page: "Also, a GPL compatible Q3A pack would be highly appreciated." (second to last line on http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/3/wiki/Netradiant)

Isn't it as long as the work you've created with a certain program is released as GPLv2, everything should be fine?
It's not like your objective is to include a piece of content made by some less free program into OA (else using Mac or Windows as OS would violate the license as well), is it?

I'm good at everything but can't do anything...
Akom74

Cakes 9

Q3A/OA Mapper

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »

That is the reason:
 * OpenArena
 * Q3Rally
 * THC
 * Tremulous

Isn't it as long as the work you've created with a certain program is released as GPLv2, everything should be fine?
It's not like your objective is to include a piece of content made by some less free program into OA (else using Mac or Windows as OS would violate the license as well), is it?

Are you saying that we have to change to linux for our releases ?
I hope is not necessary, please........

Time ago i've changed with Ubuntu, but i'm not able to do something and i've changed back to Windows.

Wink

...sorry for my English, i'm Italian... Tongue

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »

No, I don't think that's necessary. Otherwise you couldn't use GPL software in non-GPL OSes.

But I do agree in taking as less risks as possible regarding GPL, even if people don't like the idea.

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 01:06:47 AM »

NK, are you sure everything is okay with the updated pack from this post?

Yesterday I tried it to configure GTK Radiant 1.5 for OA on another PC (Windows XP), and a strange thing happened.
Afer I placed oa.game data into GTK Radiant folder, launched the program and selected OpenArena, it asked to me the path of the game. I tried to select the folder where I had OA 0.8.8 installed... but it did not recognize it as valid (did not find the engine)... then I entered the "baseoa" folder under it, and went further instead (strange, considering "baseoa" folder does not include "openarena.exe" file). But then, I realized it automatically created another "baseoa" folder inside "baseoa" (it created c:\openarena-0.8.8\baseoa\baseoa\maps\ and c:\openarena-0.8.8\baseoa\baseoa\scripts\). Then I had to locate where GTKRadiant stores its settings (%appdata%\RadiantSettings\1.5.0\oa.game\local.conf) and manually edited "EnginePath" line to point to "c:/openarena-0.8.8/" instead of "c:/openarena-0.8.8/baseoa/" as before... and everything worked correctly then (it created c:\openarena-0.8.8\baseoa\maps\ and c:\openarena-0.8.8\baseoa\scripts\ then UPDATE - see this post.).

Any idea about the reason why this happened?
For completeness, I have to say that OA installation isn't clear (configuring Radiant on that PC has been more a test than other), but this does not explain the reason why GTK Radiant did not recognize the engine in the right path...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:48:25 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 03:12:03 AM »

You're supposed to just extract the contents as it is in the Radiant folder (if you're going to map for 0.8.8 ) with routes enabled, and later change the folder routes in games/oa.game. It should be that simple. In that regard I haven't modified anything from Sago's original pack.

About the other, well, the wiki articles about installing and configuring the editors are a mess. One is just a linklist with a note, for example, and the mapping manual page on the issue isn't even completed yet. And I'm not even sure about the installations being up-to-date.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:14:48 AM by Neon_Knight » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: