I've made a DM layout without weapons and items, and using pulchr's simple textures. I'll be retexturizing it to oa_dm3 style later. The main issue I have is that no matter what I do, the map will have a leak. I don't know if I've done something bad there.
After solving the issue, I'm uploading the first version of this map. It's called am_underworks (a.k.a. "Under Working") and I've made it after playing a little bit of UT2004 yesterdays. I've inspired myself on two maps, DM-Compressed and specially on DM-1on1-Roughinery. You won't find any similitude of those maps in this one.
Weapons: Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Gun, Railgun, Lightning Gun.
Items: Stimpacks, Healths, Large health, armor shards & body armor.
- Added two jumppads.
- Switched RL & SG, and YA & LG. Plus, a switch between an RL ammo and a SG ammo.
- Moved shards & 5-health near Railgun, to prevent the campers to get a quick health & armor stack.
- Changed the second floor platform texture. It isn't transparent anymore, but I'm not sure about it.
- Removed almost all the light spots in the map, added a blue light rim around the map, and added extra spots where needed to prevent dark spots.
- More structural & cosmetic changes.
- Gamma: 2.5.
- Reduced gamma from 2.50 to 2.00. It's dark, and some dark spots have come back. :/
- More detail to walls, plus, some more light spots.
- Lightning: now is possible both from the walls and the lightning to identify areas.
- Removed an extra MG ammo I've found.
- Fixed geometry. ^^
- New shaders and textures.
- Scale down the map
- Re-clip the map?
- Enlarge the ceiling
- Add some ceilings to some parts
- Remove 1x Rail Ammo?
- Add RA for 1on1, and Quad for TDM and FFA. They will replace YA.
Underworks2 started again from scratch. I'll consider it a "spiritual successor" towards the first one. I didn't ended too much convinced on the first Underworks.
- New level in both Generator room and Storage area. The SG in the latter was moved to the new floor.
- Teleporter! It goes from the lower floor to the ceiling in front of the RL house.
- Added some obstacles in the ceilings.
- Screwed a bit with the lighting.
Although the map can't be compiled without -nocollapse. -.-
- Many minor changes.
- Hinting. That leaded to some structural brush fixing as well.
- Botclip improved.
- The ledge on the depot area isn't "circular" anymore. It has a beginning in the armor side, and an end before reaching the "garage doors".
- Switched YA & RA, so there's no "dominant area". Until a3, the "dominant area" was the depot one, with RA + LG.
- Added some barrels to the Railgun area.
- The jumppad on the Depot area was moved to the opposite side of the room.
- Switched MH and YA. Now, Red Armor is in the outdoor area, Yellow Armor in the Generator Room and MH in the Depot area. Also switched in the Gen room the RL position with the YA, so YA is in the floor and RL in the upper position. To make up for this, in the outdoor area the positions of PG and RL are switched too. (Good that they were close) Due to these changes, some health and armors had been moved too, to keep the balance.
- Added more spawnpoints. There're 16 spawnpoints in the map in total, so there won't be any telefrag.
- Moved the target_positions of the side sewer jumppads which goes to Depot area and Gen room.
- Some more hinting. (Some areas shouldn't be rendered at some places) Also, some brushes which shouldn't be structural (unnecesary vis portals) are now detail.
- Some clipping & botclipping fixes.
- Minor structural changes.
- Included a missing shader.
- Added .arena file. I can't believe I've just forgot this, FFS!!!
- The map was too, TOO dark, so I've tried to fix this as well.
- Added DOM support, with 3 points. This map seems to be well suited for this gametype.
- Opened a new passage between the outdoor area and the Depot. The original single passage among zones was bad. (a.k.a. "A camping place") I'm fearing now that this map could be TOO BIG for 1on1.
- Cutted the circular ledge on the Generator room.
- The jumppads from the sewers towards the outdoor area were moved. A ledge was raised in that empty area, and two jumppads were removed.
- Many more minor changes and brushwork fix.
- The outdoor area has been redone entirely.
- Moved the Elimination starts for the teams.
- Opened a new passage between the Generator Room and the outdoor area.
- Spreaded some barrels over the water zone, for more jumping possibilities.
- Clusterportaled. There's one or two CP not working well, unfortunately. U_U
- Some minor changes.
- Slopes next to the sewer stair.
- Some lights added to the Railgun sewer. The existent lights weren't touched. As a counterbalance, their lighting was lowered so the overall lighting of the zone doesn't seem too screwed.
- Bot navigation improvements.
- The barrels were turned from models to simple patches.
- Clusterportals from zone 3 (Sewers) to 4 (Generator) are now working well.
- Many more minor changes.
- Missing texture added for the pk3, plus, many unused textures were removed from it. No map changes.
Hope you like it and comment.