Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: oa085rc1  (Read 112271 times)
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2009, 09:16:07 AM »

built. The "blue skin" of the interface is normal or something went wrong? O_o

I'm uploading it, will post the url soon, I don't have much time for testing today since i'll have to be going very soon.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2009, 09:30:09 AM »

Here we are:

RC1 for Mac OS X.

Should work on PPC and intel, 10.3.9 or more recent (will test only on 10.4.10 and more recent), it is mostly untested now, you'll need the pak6-patch085.pk3 from the windows/linux version.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 11:17:02 AM »

I have noted some openAL errors: "WARNING: unhandled AL error: Invalid value" but cannot see why it occurs... might just be my system and might be caused by conflicting programs.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 11:54:24 AM »

thanks jackoverfull, binaries run fine on powerbook.

Problem: oa_minia still suffers from shaderbug and no sky is visible when r_detailtextures is 0.

- HUNT HIGHSCORES - mapping - xmpp://cosmo@spaceboyz.net
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 11:57:52 AM »

I have noted some openAL errors: "WARNING: unhandled AL error: Invalid value" but cannot see why it occurs... might just be my system and might be caused by conflicting programs.

It's an OpenAl problem : they started for me since I've upgraded from libopenal0 to libopenal1 on SID , maybe a year ago. Anyway I don't run the client over SID anymore , but it seems that the very latest openal version uploaded on SID ( http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libopenal1 which is not the "official" OpenAL version -> http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal.html ) has solved those issue.

But personally I don't compile my client with OpenAL support anymore.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 12:00:45 PM »

thanks jackoverfull, binaries run fine on powerbook.

Problem: oa_minia still suffers from shaderbug and no sky is visible when r_detailtextures is 0.
It's this problem of the shader. It was there since before 0.8.1 and happens on other maps as well, like hydronex (both versions) oa_rpg3dm1 and older versions of oa_minia.

@jackoverfull: The blue menu is a new menu. No bugs, except for the bot screen.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 03:28:17 PM »

Tested on a fresh 0.8.1 reinstall to prevent problems with my pk3-collection. First impressions: great.

Minor bug left from 0.8.1:
 - Jenna is available from the bot selection screen with Ayumi's icon, but with Sarge's default model.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »

That's because there's no model/skin for ayumi/jenna, it was left after 0.8.0 I guess.

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 03:41:08 PM »

With a simple skin ayumi/red command, it wouldn't be that noticeable. Oh well, I've always ripped out Jenna/Nekoyumi from OA 0.7.6.

Another thing: What happened with dm4ish?

EDIT: Forget it... I realized that Neon Knight's SP campaign made it selectable through the menu.

EDIT2: I also forgot mentioning that the new health-colored crosshair is a nice and useful addition... where was this firstly announced?

EDIT3: The waving banners on Mini Arena have the old logo. (Yes, I know this looks weird)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 04:12:44 PM by Graion Dilach » Logged

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »

EDIT2: I also forgot mentioning that the new health-colored crosshair is a nice and useful addition... where was this firstly announced?
It has always been there even in the original Quake 3 arena but because of some shaders it has not worked before. Thread:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=3349.0

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 06:51:26 PM »

Haven't seen any so far, but my testing was of a few seconds…
They just stay in the console/terminal? Haven't had with the old build? They were bot built on a tiger system with a virtually identical openal…
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 07:29:40 PM »

Blue teleporter makes bubbles ?

Todo: Walk the cat.
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 05:20:51 AM »

can be fixed in oasfx.shader/textures/sfx2/blue_jumpad
by changing "map textures/sfx2/b_blur.tga" to "clampmap textures/sfx2/b_blur.tga"

do the same for red shader too.

jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2009, 05:44:10 AM »

Blue teleporter makes bubbles ?

yes, that's one of the things i was referring to. And this, of course:
cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2009, 05:46:39 AM »

If you launch a map without Domination support and g_gametype 12 (domination) the game crashes instead of dropping you to main menu.

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2009, 06:20:27 AM »

If you launch a map without Domination support and g_gametype 12 (domination) the game crashes instead of dropping you to main menu.
This is true for ALL gametypes, the server cannot do anything if there is no spawnpoint... if it isn't a spawnpoint problem please describe further.

I have a few other bugs I have been notified from other sides...

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2009, 06:39:22 AM »

The new items (invulnerability +kamikaze ) are missing that thing in thing to prevent them from getting seen through the wall (Try in oabases3).

There is a problem with the grapple and the new weapon bars that I am looking into.

EDIT:
And all clients are dropped if an invulnerable player is attacked by LG or mines. This is a quick fix as it just a missing event on the client side.

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2009, 07:20:22 AM »

This is true for ALL gametypes, the server cannot do anything if there is no spawnpoint... if it isn't a spawnpoint problem please describe further.

This was fixed in ioquake3 rev 1726 -> http://svn.icculus.org/quake3?view=rev&revision=1726
Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2009, 08:38:59 AM »

EDIT:
And all clients are dropped if an invulnerable player is attacked by LG or mines. This is a quick fix as it just a missing event on the client side.

There's another bug related to this : it seems that a player carring LG + INV is actually kicked ... I say " it seems " because I didn't spot this bug ... it seems that Nemesis has downgraded from OAXB43 or 44 to OA081 baseoa for this reason , but none of the Nemesis has reported it.

And yes , I failed too but I forgot to report it.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2009, 08:49:49 AM »

This was fixed in ioquake3 rev 1726 -> http://svn.icculus.org/quake3?view=rev&revision=1726
Not the same bug... ioquake3 revision 1726 fixes the bug that was fixed in oaxB35. Because the spawn select function starts by excluding some spawnpoints and thereby it risks removing all valid spawnpoints and going in an infity loop trying to find a valid spawn point among the rest. This is a rare bug because nohuman or nobot is mainly meant for the training map (I discovered the bug while trying to create a training map for OA).

The bug cosmo refers to (i believe) is if the map has no valid spawnpoints at all. In this case the server has no choice but to shut itself down. This is one of the reasons all CTF map always has one info_player_start in the middle with no gametype flags, nosingle and noteam set at all.

I have not had any problems just carrying the LG and INV but it sounds related...

Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2009, 04:38:38 PM »

Seems to be another bug.
Playerstatus sometimes gets crazy:
Marble of Doom
Bigger member

Cakes 4

Caketastic

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »

I just played offline and people no longer explode into gibs. You can gauntlet-them on the ground all you want but they sink into the ground normally.

cosmo

Cakes 18

on a dead horse

« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2009, 09:19:08 AM »

the map where the server crashed was new released slimefac V2 where only info_player_deathmatch entities are placed. I got this infinity loop error.

Mr. D
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2009, 09:42:38 AM »

I've found a weird bug in single player: when I write some commands in the console (ex. callvotes/binds/rate etc.) they don't work; they work like a normal command "say", but no text you don't see in the top of the screen...

(Sorry for my bad English...)
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2009, 09:57:25 AM »

You forgot the / before the commands. Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: