Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Server doesen't show up on master server  (Read 43107 times)
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2012, 11:54:32 AM »

About Blender plugin, try asking Fromhell.
Maybe you may find something useful here:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Models
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Modeling
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Making_a_player_model
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Creating_a_player_model_in_Blender
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/MD3_format
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/DeveloperFAQ
If you find updated links for those plugins, please let me know, I'll try to update the wiki.

About *Radiant, there should be something around here:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_resources_%26_tutorials
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_resources_%26_tutorials#Resources <<-- OA Gamepack for Radiant.
I think Sago published a single download package with Radiant including the gamepack... but I cannot find it right now...

For help with Blender, try asking Fromhell. I don't know why, but Fromhell rarely answers to PMs... maybe it's better to use the "Models" sub-forum for such questions (e.g. there is an existing thread about md3 importer/exporter here, you may take a look to it).

For help with Mapping, try asking Neon_Knight.

See also:
(DO NOT LINK) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/DeveloperFAQ#Who_should_I_contact_for_more_info.3F
PS: GrosBedo, can I write you instead of Cacatoes (who has been banned from the forum) as "server help" there?

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

Picky :)

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 11:56:34 AM »

thank you again gig you are a book full of informations Smiley

and by the way, someone has to tell fromhell that he/she has made a typo int he topic

Getting "Invalid Game Folder"? READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

from hell has written that people shall update to 0.8.0
this needs to be corrected because there are tons of people
who will search for the 0.8.0 update instead of 0.8.8 i'm sure.
because most people don't even know about new patches and some
still use 0.8.1

grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 12:02:30 PM »

You can use a tool like qstat to get a full server list (containing all servers, including unresponsive ones) from a masterserver and check whether it includes your IP at all. If it does, you'd check whether your router broke the port.

This space is for rent.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 12:04:35 PM »

thank you iw ill try this out Smiley

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 12:09:40 PM »

wow stop insulting me.first of all i'm not a kid and second i checked everything but nothing worked.i'm just angry because nothing works and i didn't insult anyone.

You're insulting everyone with your unconstructive criticisms. This is an opensource project, what do you expect when saying that "nothing works" and that it's a "broken game" apart from irritating everyone?

And yes that's your fault if things do not work for you, these are complicated tools (and I know myself because I had a hard time making them work, and each release version works differently), so there's nothing wrong in asking for help, but please stop crying.

But I know you have good feelings toward this game and community and that you want to contribute, but please respect the time spent by other people: this game wasn't made in one day and things that are not fixed are not because of the limited number of contributors and the limited contributors' time.

Anyway good luck in fixing your problem and feel free to ask. You can also try to add in your commandline:
Code:
+set fs_debug 1 +set developer 1 +set cl_shownet 1 +set cl_showSend 1

To get more debugging infos in your gamelog, but I don't know if this will really show any meaningful infos for your problem.

@Gig: Yes, I will always reply to PMs.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:27:39 PM by GrosBedo » Logged
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »

"unconstructive criticisms"?

no...not really.i'm posting pics and detailed informations about what is wrong and how it can be fixed.
but yes i could stop critism.i also could stop reporting bugs.but this would help no one.since i can't fix the bugs, they have to do it so i'm telling them.and beeing angry about stuff which doesen't work is pretty ok i think when you read like 10 pages of informations and many posts and try out many things and still won't work.this is still not an excuse for going beserk on me.(and again it is not my fault if it won't work because i have done everythign right.there is nothign for me left to do)also the qstat file won't work...as i expected...it closes immediatly.

by the way this is all i read from your post: "unconstructive criticisms" i ignored the rest because i didn't want to read further.

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »

That's exactly the problem. I know you are trying to contribute, and your pics are particularly informative. The problem is when you do unconstructive criticisms.

And no it's not normal that you get angry about that.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 12:23:06 PM »

yes it is normal getting angry about not working things.
and i won't argue anymore with you.

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »

Then don't argue, ACT! Wink
grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 12:27:14 PM »

also the qstat file won't work...as i expected...it closes immediatly.

It's a command line tool. I'm not really using Windows, so I can't help you there.
Furthermore I think you'll need a modified qstat.cfg, since OA has changed the protocol cvar (Quake3 had 68).

I'll do some testing on my Linux box and report back Smiley

Edit:
Quote from: qstat.cfg
gametype OAS new extend Q3S
    name = OpenArena
    template var = OA
    game rule = gamename
end
gametype OAM new extend Q3M
    name = OpenArena Master
    master protocol = 71
    master query = empty full
    master for gametype = OAS
end
Maybe those aren't all required settings, I didn't find a documentation on the syntax yet.
Then launch qstat similar to this (where "qstat.cfg" is the path to the config file above);
Code:
qstat -cfg qstat.cfg -oam dpmaster.deathmask.net
It will take a little, then output all servers including the unresponsive ones like this;
OAS  217.91.74.69:27960 no response
This is what'd you check for your IP:port. If it is not listed, the problem is on your end, i.e. before or at your router/modem/firewall(s).

This space is for rent.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 01:00:37 PM »

It's a command line tool.

i thought so but i also thought iw ould just have to click it.
well now i just dragged it on msdos and it worked.

but none of the commands in this program worked.

grey matter

Cakes 8

>9k

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 01:01:40 PM »

Did you read and try what I've written above? Did qstat spit out any errors?

This space is for rent.
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »

sorry i'm to tired for today i need a break but i will try it tommorow thankies for your big help so far Smiley

edit: tried the syntax but it doesen't work and i don't get any specific erros.just the one you get everytime when you use a non existing command.by the way i have the same problem with another command lien tool i just used.

you see, i'm running into not working stuff all the time.

LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2012, 01:16:20 PM »

it's really not my fault  because i'm doign everthign correctly :/
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 01:41:11 PM by LauraNeko » Logged

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2012, 01:49:56 PM »

I never tried qstat, I fear I cannot help here...

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2012, 02:00:27 PM »

it's really not my fault  because i'm doign everthign correctly :/

As I said these tools are hard to configure. But it will work if you persevere.

You can also try NetRadiant, some people cannot get GTKRadiant to work with newer versions of Linux, you may be one of these:

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2722.0
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2012, 01:05:42 AM »

wow, this is strange.i had the master server site opened.and when i looked at it again it had my ninjactf server in the list!but when i refreshed the site it was gone again.i don't know why or when or with what configuration this was possible because i tried many.i'm not even sure if it was shown because i changed something.before i looked at the list have have changed everything back.so i don't know if this came from any configuration or just randomly.

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2012, 04:19:59 AM »

I reread this thread, and seriously the part about qstat is a real comedy (BTW thank's Grey Matter for the qstat config!).

LauraNeko, you don't even know how to manipulate commandline tools.

You simply aren't qualified to use this tool. You should first read some tutorials about commandline tools, furthermore I would advise that you read books on how to manipulate Linux systems (not just use them but administration and scripting of these). That is, if you really want to get the skills to make the stuff you want (and these skills will be useful as well for any other domain of computer engineering).
LauraNeko
Half-Nub

Cakes -2

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2012, 04:41:33 PM »

i'm not even on linux.

and i don't care about what you say.
stop interfering into other peoples
conversation with provocative
stuff.you really are a pain.
leave me alone.

GrosBedo

Cakes 20

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2012, 04:59:15 PM »

Obvious troll is obvious.

Nevertheless, my advice about Linux learning is judicious because it's an OS that you can fully run from commandline, and commandline tools are well conceived on this OS.

You can also learn batch in Windows but it's not the same purpose (mainly used by windows server admins, not really for the day-to-day tasks).
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2012, 12:07:11 PM »

Again new fishes?
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 01:16:01 AM »

Obvious troll is obvious.

Obvious impatience is obvious.

Is this how we should respect newbies for having technical questions and getting lost at some of the responses? Try not to condescend while responding okay? It is provocative and leads to a more hostile atmosphere.

Sorry for me not checking this thread earlier, but this has been disappointing for me to read.  The outcome could have been better

Some of you even want me to ban LauraNeko for being "the next swaggerall". Well, guess what? I'm not going to do that.  Besides, she has provided more useful feedback (to me) than swaggerall has ever done.

There's a first time for everything - i'm pretty sure things will get better months from now.  She is already more mature than some prominent former OA members I know  Roll Eyes

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »

Impatience has nothing to do with a troll detection.
Typical behaviour (list is not complete ofc):
double post
insulting (usualy begins with mild comments)
ignoring helpfull information
do not answer questions asked
spaming

I would say, that most of the guys who tried to help here were not impatient.
But you are right if you say, that LauraNeko shouldnt be banned.
It needs more than a first trolling.
But he should be aware, that some guys already noticed the behaviour.

ps: i did a nasty comment about LNs posting on another forum regarding his japanese castle question made there too.
I will make an official excuse here to LN!
Wasnt my best idea to write such a shitty comment. _i_am_sorry_!
adriano

Cakes 4

« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 04:58:01 PM »

Can I get banned, please ?  Grin

.... just an example of trolling. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:23:53 AM by adriano » Logged
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 05:30:51 PM »

Ok listen kid (because you obviously don't have a very high level of maturity)

so start contributing by yourself instead of whining.

Okay....

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: