Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Reported errors/bugs/flaws in 0.7.0  (Read 86534 times)
w1zrd

Cakes 2

Give to life what you expect back

« on: July 06, 2007, 11:04:55 AM »

Thought we might start a thread for various things we encounter during gameplay in the new version. There are bound to be some things that does not occur during alpa/beta testing, so here we can give notice of things we find.

Animation error when crouching as Liz, he's behaving like our beloved Major. (He is not dead on that screen, he is crouching Smiley)

There will be more things, but now I'm off to explore this wonderful new update...well done guys!

[edit: the Jenna models head goes through her torso when she's looking downwards]

[edit: the railgun beam comes from way below the actual gun when shooting (and sounds like shotgun Smiley.]

[edit: is the shotgun supposed to have that low frequency when shooting? Distorts sound completely]

[edit: Sarge (red) model's abdomen goes through his hips when looking upwards]

[edit: The ISLANDDM map does NOT work if vertex settings are enabled, then the whole map is basically black, lightmap MUST be enabled]

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 06:27:16 PM by w1zrd » Logged

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »

oa_dm2 may have too many bots in single player mode, if you get an error like this:

Code:
ERROR: Hunk_AllocateTempMemory: failed on 8388616

just remove a bot and restart the level (note this error only happens with bloom turned on and can be fixed by allocating more memory with com_hunkmegs if you have more memory available...)

Sometimes the music in oa_dm3 doesn't play and the engine throws out an error about a misnamed file, restarting the game engine should fix this. 

Bloom (at the default settings) has a weird "overdraw" error when carrying the railgun - the shiny railgun effect on the top of the gun will show up partially on left side of the screen.

kaos2's lava isn't as flarey as the original Sad  (the original kaos is still there but not in arenas.txt /map kaos if you miss the flare)

For Developers and people wanting to compile the engine themselves with gcc 4.2:  Fuddl's fix for compilation with gcc 4.2 available here is not applied to the code, apply the patch and recompile.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 06:34:38 PM by dmn_clown » Logged

kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 04:37:09 PM »

server list scroll buttons are to the right of the actual graphic.
baconfish
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:00:26 PM »

server list scroll buttons are to the right of the actual graphic.
That was actually in the previous version as well.
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 06:19:15 PM »

During playtesting a series of strange gfx bugs has occured, on several different systems. Seems like polygon extrude in extreme close-up Smiley Look at the screenshots for a better idea of the thing. This seems to be mostly with Angelyss rai and her default skins. Here are the cards where it's been seen on, both under Window and *nix.

Radeon 9250
nvidia TNT2
geforce 6600GT
nvidia 7950gt 512mb +max details, flares&bloom

FragUPlenty
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 06:23:25 PM »

for some reason my windows machine cant join any servers allthough I assume this is because all the servers havent yet been updated with the newer version of OA. I know its been awhile since my last post, I just couldnt pass up 0.7

Macintosh - we might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end.  ~Douglas Adams
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 06:55:30 PM »

the 0.7 qvms are not compatible with 0.6 due to several changes, like the team orders menu which now works Smiley

kick52

Cakes -1

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 01:46:12 AM »

During playtesting a series of strange gfx bugs has occured, on several different systems. Seems like polygon extrude in extreme close-up Smiley Look at the screenshots for a better idea of the thing. This seems to be mostly with Angelyss rai and her default skins. Here are the cards where it's been seen on, both under Window and *nix.

Radeon 9250
nvidia TNT2
geforce 6600GT

weird, cool.
reminds me of a glitch in zelda when a cutscene is performed with the wrong player model.
stroggi
OA SUCKS BECAUSE IT "SCAVENGES SHIT" LIKE MY SHITTY MAPS
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »

0.6 servers are shown in the server list, i would consider this a bug.

skeleton is missing some sounds?

not a bug, but the flag rotates and rustles, which looks kindoff wrong.

congrats on the release though. Wink
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 11:17:15 AM by stroggi » Logged
Fitacus
Lesser Nub

Cakes -3

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 04:45:47 AM »

This is just a temporary aspect u can change if u contact the admins of the gameservers in order to update to 0.7.

"The things you own, they end up owning you."
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 05:24:41 AM »

Animation error when crouching as Liz, he's behaving like our beloved Major. (He is not dead on that screen, he is crouching Smiley)

This bug has now been fixed. Smiley
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 07:54:39 AM »

This bug has now been fixed. Smiley
Nice one, that was quick. Well done Smiley

stroggi
OA SUCKS BECAUSE IT "SCAVENGES SHIT" LIKE MY SHITTY MAPS
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 09:20:07 AM »

This is just a temporary aspect u can change if u contact the admins of the gameservers in order to update to 0.7.

well its still a problem, if someone tried 0.7 just after it was released they would be put of right away because they get kicked from every server they join with a rather unhelpfull error message. you should change the protocol id or whatever when a new version is released.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:22:06 AM by stroggi » Logged
Czestmyr
Half-Nub

Cakes 0

Member, Player, Mapper

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 09:54:17 AM »

well its still a problem, if someone tried 0.7 just after it was released they would be put of right away because they get kicked from every server they join with a rather unhelpfull error message. you should change the protocol id or whatever when a new version is released.

second that

Jabber ID: Czestmyr (rolled-herring-sign) jabber.cz
raphael.badawi
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 02:04:44 PM »

Bug in the Single player mod :
The last map of the second tier, Fan, crashes and exits the game after two, three, or four minutes (duration varies). This map crashes only in Single player mod, Skirmish and Multiplayer mods are not concerned.
Suggestion, still in the Single player mod :
There are not enough bots in the second tier (for example, a 1vs1 in 30 frags in a very large map is really boring).

Affectuoso,
Raphael.
jackoverfull

Cakes 14

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 08:05:38 PM »

Bug in the Single player mod :
The last map of the second tier, Fan, crashes and exits the game after two, three, or four minutes (duration varies). This map crashes only in Single player mod, Skirmish and Multiplayer mods are not concerned.
Suggestion, still in the Single player mod :

Affectuoso,
Raphael.
this happened also to me on the same while i was trying the svn version about a month ago, i hoped that it was fixed. (i haven't had time to try on the final one yet)
anyway, for me it crashed also on skirmish mode (haven't tried multiplayer, but if i remember right it is exacly the same of skirmish).
ALucas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 08:18:59 PM »

small map bug: oa_bases3's lava pits don't have the nodrop flag set, so flags don't respawn when someone carrying one of them dies in the lava
raphael.badawi
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 12:08:18 AM »

Still in single player mod : there are the excellent, impressive, and gauntlet's icons, but no frags' icon.
ALucas
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 10:07:45 AM »

another small map bug: you can walk on the floor of suspended Smiley (i.e. you don't die when you jump off the platform)
w1zrd

Cakes 2

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 12:51:37 PM »

That little annoying bug when you are in a 1vs1 game is still there:

* server setting 1vs1 (g_gametype 1)
* There are several players in the queue waiting to play and
* Two players fighting each other an
* You are in the waiting queue and
* You are in 'free spectator' mode

If you now decide to press fire, i.e spectate one of the playing players, and then go back to 'free spectator'
then you are automatically pushed back to the last slot of the players queue waiting list. This bug was also in 0.6 but it's worth mentioning again...and again. Waiting times can be quite long if you decided to switch a few times between the players currently playing Smiley

dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 06:56:03 PM »

Radeon 9250
nvidia TNT2
geforce 6600GT

I finally witnessed this, playing on the tuxfamily 0.7 server in Fan just before the server either disconnected or crashed (if it crashed removing fan from rotation would be a good idea).  Freakish... though I wish I knew what was causing it, maybe the model's lod's need to be re-exported to md3 (being sure the materials were correct Smiley )

Furzel
Nub

Cakes 0

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 02:12:49 AM »

Got the same problem with fan, only when playing single player, and also have lot off trouble with server, I can't log on in moost off theme : "Invalid game folder", or some missings files or "game integrity" !
I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 and the only changes I've made to the game are 3 little bind in the .cfg 
kit89

Cakes 6

Shoot him..

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 02:57:01 AM »

I think the problem could be with the bots in fan. As it was the only time it would crash for me when there was bots playing.

So I can only assume that its processor intensive as the map is so open, the bots can see all nodes at one time causing problems. I tried looking at the source file but it wouldn't load up in radiant so I couldn't see how the bot clips & cluster portals where setup.
Hyperactiveman
Nub

Cakes 0

NGUNS! - Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 06:07:26 PM »

Experienced also the "Single Mode" fan map crash!
Getting really annoying...

But the 0.7 version is a really huge development step!
THX guys!!!

nguns

NGUNS! - Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
::::: http://www.schwingi.net :::::
dmn_clown
Posts a lot

Cakes 1

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 09:35:05 PM »

another small map bug: you can walk on the floor of suspended Smiley (i.e. you don't die when you jump off the platform)

fixed [not committed yet]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: