As promised here
, I was working on a new adaptation, this time is the QW/Q2 CTF classic McKinley Base (or McKinley Revival, as you wish
) renamed McKinley Retribution. ATM there's no underwater exit, and no BFG, but it has Chaingun (in the middle)
and Nailgun. (In both bases)
It supports all CTF-based gametypes: CTF, 1FCTF, Harvester, Overload, CTF Elimination & DD.Here
are some screenshots from the original one (McKinley Base) and here's
a screen of a flag base in Q2CTF1. The idea, like all "-ish" maps, is to make a similar structured map, but not an equal structured one
- Removed/replaced all light sources from the map.
- Added underwater access to bases.
- Structural changes.
EDIT: New version.
- Raised water, so it's now possible to leave water the intuitive way.
- Changed water lighting. (That old color was unnatural, but I think this new color is more unnatural.)
- Added some light to railgun spots.
- Aesthethic changes: redone flares, improved level geometry, added bases to objectives, added lighting to sniper spots
- Clipping retouched, and also I've added some clusterportals.
- Added grappling hook to info_player_start and team_CTF_<team>player/spawns. Now players will spawn with Gauntlet, Machinegun and Grapple. Q2 Style. ^^
- Enlarged access
- Item placement changed. Hopefully this map wouldn't be no more an 1-0 map:
* Changed Health 50 at bases with Health 25.
* Switched Chaingun and Body armor.
* Added Chaingun ammo to central water.
* Changed Chaingun ammo at underwater chamber with two Health 50.
* Added stimpacks and armor shards to middle area.
- Players won't start with grapple anymore.
- Replaced water entrance by a chamber which has a teleporter on it. This chamber has Guard & Shotgun.
- Fixed lighting. Now it won't look as a shiny level anymore.
- Redistributed ammo.
- Raised ceiling on bases.
- Replaced improvised stairs @ bases with jumppads which goes from the floor onto the respective sections.
- Added another ramp to the flag.
- Added arrow & weaponspot signals, from the replacements I've done.
- Base layout changes, the item placement has been mostly kept:
* Chaingun moved to the water.
* Two direct & "easy" entrances to flag bases. A one-way exit. (which can be entrance by RJing) And an "indirect" entrance by going underwater.
* CTF, Overload, DD: Item team Invulnerability+RA in the middle passage. This team is moved onto the water for 1FCTF & Harvester.
* Flag base changed: No more a copy of McKinley's old efforts.
- Bot & player clipping.
- Railgun spot clipping to avoid escape from it.
- Hinting ^^ Now shouldn't be possible, from any point of the flag bases, to make Q3/OA renderize the center area. (Or unnecesary things)
- Moved ammo to bases.
- Fixed a mistake in the .arena file. It would try to read am_mckinleyish instead of am_mckinleyish2.
- Moved RL near the entrances.
- Added subacuatic chamber and Quad.
To do in the next version:
- Add arrows guiding to bases.
- Switching teleports going to sniper spot and water passage?
- Maybe bringing Grapple back as weapon to start? In 0.8.1 will be a pain in the arse, but considering all the changes Sago made to it on OAX it can work now.
To don't: (NOTTODO on this map)
- Remove water. I won't do that, no matter what the excuse is. Period.
- Remove Invulnerability. I'm against that "let's put TA stuff out of OA" campaign
and nobody will convince me of the contrary. Period.
Thanks to onykage for the hosting.
And all of those who has tested already the map.