Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CTF Map mlctf1 (beta)  (Read 49831 times)
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 11:51:41 AM »

Let's clarify without getting mad.
That SVN thread is a pure rule of your (fromhell) organization.
Means anyone who has GPL material can submit it to your thread.
GPL means you have some rights with material, you can share and distribute it _even if you're not the author_.
It's not even Cyberdemon's reponsibility to submit it there, it's anyone's, because GPL guarantees that right to anyone.
Now, you may believe MeisterLamp didn't release his map under GPL, this is fine, but in this case you may as well simply ask "Is it possible for Meisterlamp himself to post here to confirm this work is under GPL ?", at least, this would let the opportunity to discuss, and no drama.

Todo: Walk the cat.
feidi
Nub

Cakes 13

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »

... but in this case you may as well simply ask "Is it possible for Meisterlamp himself to post here to confirm this work is under GPL ?"

But then again, how would you verify this in the first place (that it'd be the actual mapper posting it)? So, agreed with Cacatoes.

6lue Rose .:. http://6r-clan.org .:. irc://irc.freenode.net/6r
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

[uM] Clan Delegate OA Player

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 12:02:23 PM »

thank you for your clear head, caca.

to be honest I was upset. fromhell's post was the last thing i expected. i really got mad and still cannot believe it! maybe it's because i am out of mana, since a few days! Sad

if there is no other way i will get ML here to write some stup*d letters. and everybody can be happy again!

yay! Cheesy

and yes feidi: "who is meisterlampe???"

maybe it's just a bot idling in timbuktu!

ultraMAIM Clan .-. http://ultraMAIM.de .-. IRC: irc.quakenet.org #ultraMAIM

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »

ok done, baby Smiley

thank you!
YOU'RE NOT THE AUTHOR, YOU DON'T ADD OTHERS' WORK IN THE SVN COMMITS THREAD

Some suggestions to solve this issue or just insulting?
I will do a fork on this map if necessary and then commit it to svn.

btw: your caps needs a fix.

Now, you may believe MeisterLamp didn't release his map under GPL, this is fine, but in this case you may as well simply ask "Is it possible for Meisterlamp himself to post here to confirm this work is under GPL ?", at least, this would let the opportunity to discuss, and no drama.

As you can see here (http://openarena.ws/svn/maps/) this is no option to fromhell, because PsYthe did exactly the same:
http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2633

Nothing submitted till now...

On the other hand feidi or MIOW can tell us, who uploaded the file on their site.
Meisterlampe as himself or Cyberdeamon?
If ML did the up, all is fine.
If CD, fromhell could still have a problem.

But i am wondering about all the other "unsafe" files from the ioquake project, the xiph-libs and so on.
Who signed for them?

Interesting problem rofl
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2010, 12:24:22 PM »

to keep fidelity:

I asked ML a long time ago: "gregor, could you do a ctf and a CA map for OA so that we have new stuff to play with?" ... so he made mlctf from scratch and retextured mlca1 (which he made from scratch during q3a times).

he was not aware of the whole process getting these maps to OA content, though it would be an honour for him to see them there. his time was tight . it was a great achievment to handle radiant after that long time (5 years ago) and to create a totally new ctf map + retexturing the ca map, in that short period of time. a short while after that he began is new job. he was in a hurry that way that he had to quit any hobbies and was not available on the internet for some time.

after some time, i saw the amount of posts praising his maps, posts suggesting improvements, etc.
and the wish of players to get it to OA game content.

i asked ml if he wants to fix the bot issue. but he told me that he would do it if he could find time. i told him from the posts which were urging to get the map to the content.

he just told me: "you know anything to get it there. i do not - so do it for me - i dont want to care. here are the map files. it's an honour for me to see my work in a real game Smiley - just leave some little tribute for me, please"

since that moment i bother about getting his work to the content.
so yes i am honest: i sent miow the map for uploading it, after i got it from ML himself.
ML was not online for a long time ago. just tiny snippets, where you see him.
so why should he get used to the forum svn, etc blablabla, when he can rely on me, who already is used to the forum and the people.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:03:35 PM by [uM]Cyberdemon » Logged

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 12:45:53 PM »

Unless you have explicit consent from the author and obvious proof, I will not do it; plain and simple as that. I can not risk the possible danger of 'behalf-commits'. There is no vendetta or conspiracy at hand here. You have to consider respecting the rights of the contributor, who knows - what if he or she wishes not for it to be injected into the main release? With behalf-commits, we don't know that for sure, therefore I deny it just to be safe.

And about my caps, the shift key sucks on a laptop keyboard okay?

asking when OA3 will be done won't get OA3 done.
Progress of OA3 currently occurs behind closed doors alone

I do not provide technical support either.

new code development on github
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 12:59:52 PM »

cool! nice to hear that!

i just didnt like the way of your posting and that you didnt took the time for a little research.
it seems you saw my name on the svn post and then ML's name, then there was full moon... we know the rest (your keyboard started sucking Tongue) Smiley but it's ok as long as people (especially you) recognize that, keep it in mind and think about it earlier before they act (feelings are very exhausting Sad )

so now we can shake hands and celebrate this happy end!

PS: a lot of stuff sucks, but definately not your keyboard =)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:34:11 PM by [uM]Cyberdemon » Logged

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »

explicit consent

How about getting a signed statement on paper? Would that be a problem?

In defeat we learn.
feidi
Nub

Cakes 13

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 01:52:29 PM »

explicit consent

How about getting a signed statement on paper? Would that be a problem?

And how do you know this would be ML's signature? This whole "proof" thing is senseless since there's ultimately nothing to prove, or nothing to compare "the proof" to in the first place making it impossible to verify any such proof.

If posting something original on this forum and claiming it's yours (like in this case ML posted _his_ map) is proof enough for fromhell about the authorship (which it obviously can't be, without at least some WIP stuff) of that entity, then surely a forum post by ML consenting to the SVN commit should be enough, right? This of course raises the issue of how to know the forum account was his in the first place? Am I missing something critical or is this all just a ridiculous need to show some authority or what?

6lue Rose .:. http://6r-clan.org .:. irc://irc.freenode.net/6r
fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 02:07:09 PM »

Showing authority? Hardly at all. Showing authenticity is what it's all about. Don't make this unneccessairily complicated. mL just needs to post.

dbX

Cakes 11

Shazpaca!

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 02:18:34 PM »

No offense, but posting is hardly a way of showing authenticity. To quote my favorite statement about the one net that rules them all: "On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog."

In defeat we learn.
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 02:20:27 PM »

And about my caps, the shift key sucks on a laptop keyboard okay?

Full ack.
But no reason to cry - every person deserves respect as long as he does not harm anybody (and Cyberdeamon doesn´t do so!).

Back to topic:
it seems, that you are a little bit of unrepentant concerning the GPL (because of the old texture stoy?).
But as i told you above: you can´t be sure to get real GPL material unless it is yours.

Help us to get out of this mess:
Meisterlampe is away but his work is still here.
Unfortunaly without the license file included but the raw sources are in.
In which way could this be solved?

If Cyberdeamon would contact him, he (maybe) will just drop a line, that all is fine with GPL and so on.
But thats not enough: he should post the file to the svn commit thread (what he can´t do), right?

OK: drop his maps until somebody makes an oa fork
pulchr

Cakes 34

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 04:32:09 PM »

haha, this is hilarious!
OH; NO: SUDDENLY MY SHIFT KEY GOT STUCK AND I CAN*T SEE IT!!
kernel panic
Lesser Nub

Cakes 6

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 07:56:58 AM »

Hahahhah, you cracked me up there, pulchr.

Yeah! Tell us how do you type apostrophes and commas with the shift key stuck! Ahahahahh XD

We demand authenticity, not authority!!!1!!
MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 08:11:29 AM »

Cheesy

Unless you have explicit consent from the author and obvious proof, I will not do it; plain and simple as that.

Isn't the fact that Cyberdemon has the source enough proof? First of all, ML wouldn't provide the source in case he didn't want his map to be included into the game.
[uM]meisterlampe
Nub

Cakes 7

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2010, 05:45:40 AM »

Showing authority? Hardly at all. Showing authenticity is what it's all about. Don't make this unneccessairily complicated. mL just needs to post.

@ fromhell:
it's all granted, little dictator:
-my stuff for you, for free
(GPLv2)
-cyberdemon's svn post
take it all!!!
have fun!

Master Hare
Peter Silie

Cakes 2008

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 06:17:34 AM »

THX a lot to all of you from uM!
Hope to see you soon online Wink
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2010, 08:00:16 AM »

good boy ! Tongue

MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 06:32:59 PM »

Hooray \o/
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2010, 06:16:47 AM »

fromhell even signalizes/indicates a left turn on a road in the nowhere, so that he or she cannot risk the possible danger to hit an invisible guy.

fromhell
Administrator
GET A LIFE!

Cakes 35

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2010, 07:50:44 AM »

fromhell even signalizes/indicates a left turn on a road in the nowhere, so that he or she cannot risk the possible danger to hit an invisible guy.
Ok now what are you trying to do, piss me off or something? Not exactly keeping up the chances for a commit if insults are flung at me just because i'm a cautious "little dictator".

Also, the links are still not made available. I can't do it without the files.

[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2010, 08:16:11 AM »

ok i stop here before i get banned or something like that, sorry boss.

the link is @ svn topic, again. just thought it is still there. didnt know, that authority deleted it.

it was available all the time @ this topic here.

MIOW
Lesser Nub

Cakes 5

I play to win.

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »

Old link is gone, but you can still get maps from here http://nyen.eu/maps/meisterlampe-oa_maps.7z
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2011, 04:26:37 AM »

Thank you!

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: