Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Elimination Map mlca1  (Read 39878 times)
[uM]meisterlampe
Nub

Cakes 7

« on: March 23, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »

hi there
i mapped a lot for q3 a few years ago. a good friend of me recently asked me to dig out my old maps for open arena. so here`s the old clanarena from my ra3 map, which was a quiet simple map, so it was easy to retexture it for open arena. you can test it on the ultramaim servers, for example 78.47.72.12:27962. just vote for it.
hope u like it. if there`s enough response, maybe there`ll be more maps for open arena(old retextured for open arena or new ones...). here are some screenshots:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 11:26:19 AM by [uM]meisterlampe » Logged

Master Hare
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

[uM] Clan Delegate OA Player

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 12:43:57 PM »

yes nice work meisterlampe! Smiley

of course i recommend the OA community to grab this map and also the other ones that should come up in the future.

it is a great rocketarena 3 map and also fulfills its potential with OA elimination gametype.

it's a real clanarena related map providing possibilites for rocketjumping with all its fun.

the only thing which could be added are area names, so you can watch the location of your teammates via teamoverlay.
just like logo room, small artrium, upper court yard from ra3map1 and map11 clanarenas.

very nice work, i will definately look forward to your other maps for other gametyps!

ultraMAIM Clan .-. http://ultraMAIM.de .-. IRC: irc.quakenet.org #ultraMAIM

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »

It's always good to see mappers here. I'm glad when somebody adds something to this project.

If you'd like to commit this map to OpenArena, you must post links to the pk3 and the map. Oh, and many people doesn't have downloads on when playing OA multiplayer so I suggest you to post a link here, too.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:30:29 AM »

go forth meisterlampe!

i can serve with a http-link:

http://www.ultramaim.de/maps/baseoa/mlca1.pk3

i think the map has no bot support yet. so it needs to be added before including this map to oa content.

Half unfeeling machine, half raging horned devil. This walking nightmare has a rocket launcher for an arm and will definitely reach out and touch you. Make sure you're loaded for bear before you get to this guy.
Case

Cakes -3

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:46:59 AM »

it looks fantastic. this is a great dm map
Graion Dilach

Cakes 12

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 09:55:24 AM »

True, the map is good. Nice texturing as well.

One shall remind what have he left behind... to actually realize that it's still cool.
Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »

Very nice map. Smiley
OA needs more TDM/Elim sized maps like this one, it can be a very nice addition if you're willing to release it under GPLv2. (Only the license file and the mlca1.map file are missing for that to happen)

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
[uM]Cyberdemon
Half-Nub

Cakes 12

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 12:47:16 PM »

you find recent information about meisterlampe's maps and his .map files (including gplv2 license) here:

(ctf map: mlctf1 topic)

http://openarena.ws/board/index.php?topic=2990.msg29924#msg29924

.map files + gplv2-license:

http://6r-clan.org/maps/meisterlampe-oa_maps.7z

GoD|Ston3r
Nub

Cakes 6

OooH my GoD ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 02:05:47 AM »

Very nice job! Smiley

Awesome map! Thanks a lot

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

Painted nails and long haired... I'm not a witch!

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »

Hay thank's for the map man!  Wink
Hum, can we have more maps for "elimination" mod? Please!   Grin
And I've another request wish is: Can you help meh to create my own map??
It will be appreciate! Cheesy

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 09:34:13 AM »

This download link http://www.ultramaim.de/maps/baseoa/mlca1.pk3 does not work for me.

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 03:57:53 AM »

Yes, and the one in the topic linked by Cyberdemon does work.
So does this link.
That's what's good on a forum, you can ignore older posts and links and only take into account the more recents one.

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 04:24:22 AM »

I wrongly read his post, it seemed to me that it talked only about .map (source, useless for me) files...

Update: Doh! There isn't the .aas file! No bots there! :-(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 04:44:19 AM by Gig » Logged

I never want to be aggressive, offensive or ironic with my posts. If you find something offending in my posts, read them again searching for a different mood there. If you still see something bad with them, please ask me infos. I can be wrong at times, but I never want to upset anyone.
sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 05:37:04 AM »

Update: Doh! There isn't the .aas file! No bots there! :-(

Here you go: http://files.poulsander.com/~poul19/public_files/mlca1withbots.pk3

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »

Thank you, man!
Tested with bots... It's a very good Elimination map!  Smiley And it's not bad even in other gametypes. I really hope this will be included in the next OpenArena releases.

P.S., off-topic: I would like to invite who creates maps to add location names: during team matches, it is good to know where your teammates are, to regroup with them. "Draw team overlay" function shows your friends location, if supported by the map... but many OpenArena maps do not provide this type of information... including this map... :-(
Well, I understand that it is not easy to invent location names, but....

P.P.S.:
Hum, can we have more maps for "elimination" mod? Please!   Grin
I quote this. Elimination mode is great, it should be promoted in some way! :-)

P.P.P.S:
Another Off-topic... someone can tell me how to set the bot skill level, when using bot_minplayers?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:00:24 AM by Gig » Logged

Cacatoes
Banned for leasing own account
Posts a lot

Cakes 73

also banned for baiting another to violate rules

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 09:22:19 AM »

to set bot levels: g_spskill ?

Todo: Walk the cat.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 04:10:06 AM »

I will try... I found online a description for that command, that told
"holds your current skill level for single player 1 = I can win 2 = bring it on
3 = hurt me plenty 4 = hardcore and 5 = nightmare"
It is not very clear... Let's try...

Update: Yes, it is it. Thank you. It influences the bots added after you set it.

PS: it seems to influence only bot_minplayers, not addbot command.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 05:47:19 AM by Gig » Logged

Someone_mad
Lesser Nub

Cakes 0

Painted nails and long haired... I'm not a witch!

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 08:28:06 AM »

I quote this. Elimination mode is great, it should be promoted in some way! :-)

Thank's Gig!   Cheesy

sago007
Posts a lot

Cakes 62

Open Arena Developer

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 08:39:43 AM »

I believe addbot can take some additional parameters like name, model, team and skill. The gui offers it.

There are nothing offending in my posts.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 01:59:33 AM »

I believe addbot can take some additional parameters like name, model, team and skill. The gui offers it.
Team and skill for sure. From command line, skill can even be fractional. Simply it is a bit strange that, if there is a variable for the default bot skill level, it is ignored and if you use simply "addbot botname", it always loads skill 4.0. But it's not really important, just a bit strange.

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 01:59:02 PM »

Team and skill for sure. From command line, skill can even be fractional. Simply it is a bit strange that, if there is a variable for the default bot skill level, it is ignored and if you use simply "addbot botname", it always loads skill 4.0. But it's not really important, just a bit strange.

The correct syntax is :

Code:
]\addbot
Usage: Addbot <botname> [skill 1-5] [team] [msec delay] [altname]

Are you sure that skill level is always 4 and not equal to g_spSkill ?

Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »

The correct syntax is :
Code:
]\addbot
Usage: Addbot <botname> [skill 1-5] [team] [msec delay] [altname]
Are you sure that skill level is always 4 and not equal to g_spSkill ?
I did another test just now. If I don't specify the skill level in addbot command, it uses skill 4, not counting the g_spskill value.

PS: What is "msec delay"? Some sort of virtual lag? The score table shows "0" as the ping also for the bot I added specifying that parameter...

Q3A does the same (for both things).

Falkland

Cakes 6

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 02:27:53 PM »

PS: What is "msec delay"? Some sort of virtual lag? The score table shows "0" as the ping also for the bot I added specifying that parameter...

Q3A does the same (for both things).

Yes , it adds ( or it should do that ) a "virtual lag" but it should be added only when a bot is added to a running server.
Gig
In the year 3000

Cakes 45

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 11:33:45 AM »

I wanted to ask to the creator of the mlca1 map... what about adding the DO NOT LINK[/b]) h t t p s : / / openarena . wikia . com/wiki/Mapping_information_for_special_gametypes]points for Domination mode? I suppose this map should be good also in that gametype!

Also adding the location names (I don't know exacly how they are called, maybe target_locations?) to the map, being it mainly meant for team-based games, would be useful.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 12:02:19 PM by Gig » Logged

Neon_Knight
In the year 3000

Cakes 49

Trickster God.

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 12:34:06 PM »

Why don't you create an .ent file (There's an article about that in the wiki, but I'm too lazy to check it) and compile the map with just entity change?

"Detailed" is nice, but if it gets in the way of clarity, it ceases being a nice addition and becomes a problem. - TVT
Want to contribute? Read this.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: